What's new

Lioness Kept as Pet in Pakistan Gives Birth to 5 Cubs

Ever seen selfie like that @waz @Akheilos @Leader

CBsiyaFWEAAIOtL.jpg

We know what became of some of the precious animals in our zoos.

I have never actually met a lion trainer....But I had a wild cats expert in the uni who was less than bothered about what OTHERS say :p:

And then I have 2 relatives who are veterinarians - 1 works at the zoo while the other works in America for pets...Neither has said any such thing though they do say such stories to their kids to make sure they listen something like I will feed you to the lions...

However, I do agree they are dangerous...

I know dozens of vets, heck my students have become vets.Veterinary science is a huge field, does the one working in the zoo work closely with captive apex predators? Any expert will tell you that they are very dangerous and should never be kept captive, unless they are part of a zoological/preservation program.

And then people say animals have no feelings..Science need to be redefined ....Sometimes I feel humans have less feelings than animals!

I agree, they do have feelings.

No.10 looks stupid and if you notice the lion was only interested in harming the new comer not his trainer....god knows what the new comer smelled like! - something he ate? his clothes smell funny....many different factors!

I'm not sure of him being a new comer? It looks like his trainer. There is nothing in the video suggesting otherwise. The key thing here is that the lion just snapped, remember what I said earlier about experts saying that lions give off few warning signals before an assault. He was normal, doing tricks and then bang changed in an instant.

According to animal behaviours, animals in cages do have different responses to those who are allowed some freedom....they suffer more stress....hence birthrate is low...THIS is also why we hear CHEERY news when a baby is born in captivity coz it is rare and difficult!

Of course animals in cages are more stressed. I'd say the zoo environment is in-between as keepers go out of their way to make sure the lions are stimulated and their surroundings are comfortable. The thing is, if you are to keep one, how and where would you keep it? Most people will have to have arrangements similar to the ones we see in the video. Very few people can afford hundreds of acres of land, and would you trust it to walk around so freely?

In fact, when a different lion takes over the pride and if the females of the pride are pregnant with the old alpha's babies their body gets them aborted (read it in my text books no idea how they figured it out) because the new alpha will kill the babies and will chase away the young male....

I know this and it is remarkable.

So basically there is a system....and videos of wild animals vs a cub raised in doors are different...Heck you can see clear difference between a stray cat and one raised at home (usually lazy and trying to qabza the carpet or sofa)

Well I'll agree with you that their behaviour is different but you must also remember that people have raised cubs in a natural environment, where they were free to roam and the results were only marginally better. I stated in my earlier post about Joy Adamson's famous account of raising African lions in their natural settings. She states that Elsa was the only cub they could work with as time progressed. Her two siblings started off well, but became aggressive and her cubs were likewise to. Yes conservationists do a lot of work with lions, but again like I stated before they acknowledge the sheer danger involved, and for them it is a necessity for the future of the species. Not some idiot with an ego keeping them.

even in video 9 the lioness came to help :p:

What helping him to be mauled :woot:

Well the lion was attacking 1 trainer and not the other...didnt even jump at him too...we didnt see what the attacked trainer did or maybe he smelled like meat...THAT usually is dangerous

Lions usually hone in on one prey animal. It's quite normal for them to attack one and leave the others.

Video 8 was similar....attacking 1 guy only ...why not attack the groups?

See above.

video 7 attacking a hunter is from adrenaline again this one is lion from the wild sooo different story...

Fair enough.

video 6 attacking a trainer with a whip is something ANY animal even a home dog would do forget a circus LION

Ok, but he is still captive.

video 5 was a little funny...

It's funny, but still shows their unpredictable nature.

video 4 : on a leash with flashes everywhere? WOW!! That was just asking for it! And well in the end it just ran didnt

It did run, after nearly taking someone out! Yes flashes and stuff, that is unnatural. But that animal has been supposedly trained to overcome such distractions. That is even more evidence on not keeping them.

video 3: Well even the lion wasnt convinced of the preaching....honestly wth was the preacher trying to do? Lion surely blew his cover!

Lol. He was lucky to survive. The lions were well fed, in a semi-natural state and still attacked.

In none of the videos they didnt beat other people, they didnt finish the job....DO you know a lion is capable of finishing the job.....esp if he wants to ...

They don't need to finish the job. Due to their massive strength, even a slight change in mood or an outburst of anger can cost a human his/her life. You can survive a dog attack, but a lion? Not so sure about that.

Then there is a vast difference between captive animals and wild ones....Instincts for wild ones are high...For those in captives if they newly moved in well they are bound to be edgy!
As for the circus ones...well no animal likes to be shown the whip esp not the king of the jungle!

That's true, but that still doesn't take away the fact they are too dangerous to keep.

Read abit about animal behaviour it is interesting....Not all cases can be painted with 1 brush...

I've read a great deal and kept many animals over the course of my life. Do you think you can keep lions safely i.e. normal citizens?

Lolz my friend used to come over to cut my kitten's nails.....I agree it is dangerous but I still stand by what I say....each situation is different but saying a lion will turn at you in minutes is likely a myth until and unless you hurt it or pose a threat or smell like raw meat or something it wants too...

It won't always turn on you, no on has said that here. What we and me in particular are saying that the line is very thin and due to their very nature, they can't be kept. As for cats, they have been domesticated for a thousands of years, there is very little comparison. What of the owners that have been killed by their big cats? In these cases the animal was not hurt, nor did the owners pose a threat.

Here is another cute lion pet.

That's the lion "whisperer" right? Great picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom