What's new

Lioness Kept as Pet in Pakistan Gives Birth to 5 Cubs

I was under the impression of you being a gentlewoman
:unsure: where did I go wrong? :o:

alpha...

Well if you have raised it as a cub......lets just say I can call a Human ehsan firmosh over a feline...

They can never truly be tamed.
No and yes...Like I showed you few videos there are many more which have "surprised" people with the primitive zoology...Sure 1 in 5 who tried it probably was alive enough to have this videos up...then again no proper scientific explanation can tell us how these people managed...

My understanding from the limited knowledge I have is...not until you pose a threat on an animal, they are not going to harm you...esp not when you treat them as your family and not pets!

Fluffy stuff :smitten::smitten::smitten:

:unsure: where did I go wrong? :o:

I'm no one to ask but that post sounded very rude coming from a lady

alpha...

Well if you have raised it as a cub......lets just say I can call a Human ehsan firmosh over a feline...

No and yes...Like I showed you few videos there are many more which have "surprised" people with the primitive zoology...Sure 1 in 5 who tried it probably was alive enough to have this videos up...then again no proper scientific explanation can tell us how these people managed...

My understanding from the limited knowledge I have is...not until you pose a threat on an animal, they are not going to harm you...esp not when you treat them as your family and not pets!

Fluffy stuff :smitten::smitten::smitten:

There's no such thing as taming for these magnificent beasts, it's just fear of attachment. Circus Pantheras act like pet dogs but they aren't. they are made to fear the whiplash from day one and it's their fear, take it away and they can act like they should naturally. Same is for pet ones but opposite. They can be attached so act nicely or simply growing up with humans in good environment.

But it should be treated like a gun : always treat a gun as loaded even when it's definitely not.

And that fluffy stuff is found in Pakistan

Another name sis.

It doesn't matter.The fact remains their prey drive is just too strong. You have to remember, this can't be bred out of them or taken away. It stays with them, that's what makes them so unpredictable.

It's just rare exceptions and experts from around the world have written against this. There have been far more horror stories than success stories. You may want to see the story about the chimp that went homicidal and ripped a lady's face off. Now that's an intelligent animal as well, with the capacity to think, so in theory should be better able to control their emotions. They don't and the consequences are horrid.

This only tackles part of the problem. You have to remember animals decipher information differently from humans. Here is a small example. My pet African Grey parrot can be naughty. When I scream at him and tell him off, he keeps doing it. If that was a human child, the child would stop. The reason for the difference is that the parrot sees it as a game and a way of gaining attention, so he keeps repeating the naughty action.
Apex predators have a frightening level of threat and prey perception that is very hard for humans to read properly. The slightest mistake and goodbye owner and anyone close to the animal.

huh? which part? :o:

There's no such thing as taming for these magnificent beasts, it's just fear of attachment. Circus Pantheras act like pet dogs but they aren't. they are made to fear the whiplash from day one and it's their fear, take it away and they can act like they should naturally. Same is for pet ones but opposite. They can be attached so act nicely or simply growing up with humans in good environment.
Same conditional response can also be shown in positive way...and yes an animal can be made to feel way better than a human....

Though it can be argued and is probably luck ...But if the animal doesnt feel threatened they wont attack for fun...They dont hunt for fun its not in their genes! They hunt, yes, but to feed themselves when they are readily fed they wont feel the need to hunt....coz that need comes from hunger or anger or tempting them not for fun ...
These cats dont play with their meal!

They can be attached so act nicely or simply growing up with humans in good environment.
True!

But it should be treated like a gun : always treat a gun as loaded even when it's definitely not.
:o:

I know!! :smitten::smitten::smitten:

As a child I always prayed to ALLAH to grant me a zoo just so I could be closer to animals...I was inspired by chal chal mere hati movie :ashamed:

Then I realized I also wanted horses, lions, penguins and stuff ....all of it seemed to fit in a zoo only :ashamed:

It doesn't matter.The fact remains their prey drive is just too strong. You have to remember, this can't be bred out of them or taken away. It stays with them, that's what makes them so unpredictable.
Yes but big cats never hunt for fun....They ONLY hunt to feed...or attack when threatened or feel that they are in danger....these are big cats using too much energy is not good for them!

It's just rare exceptions and experts from around the world have written against this. There have been far more horror stories than success stories. You may want to see the story about the chimp that went homicidal and ripped a lady's face off. Now that's an intelligent animal as well, with the capacity to think, so in theory should be better able to control their emotions. They don't and the consequences are horrid.
No...animals cant always control emotions...However, threatening or any disturbance does make them uneasy!

If that was a human child, the child would stop
Not all children, seen some whose eyes actually start to sparkle and they repeat it more just for fun :undecided:

Apex predators have a frightening level of threat and prey perception that is very hard for humans to read properly. The slightest mistake and goodbye owner and anyone close to the animal.
True...

huh? which part? :o:

Same conditional response can also be shown in positive way...and yes an animal can be made to feel way better than a human....

Though it can be argued and is probably luck ...But if the animal doesnt feel threatened they wont attack for fun...They dont hunt for fun its not in their genes! They hunt, yes, but to feed themselves when they are readily fed they wont feel the need to hunt....coz that need comes from hunger or anger or tempting them not for fun ...
These cats dont play with their meal!

True!

:o:

I know!! :smitten::smitten::smitten:

As a child I always prayed to ALLAH to grant me a zoo just so I could be closer to animals...I was inspired by chal chal mere hati movie :ashamed:

Then I realized I also wanted horses, lions, penguins and stuff ....all of it seemed to fit in a zoo only :ashamed:
My 6-8 months old cat's sharp claws instantaneously come out even when it's playing and doesn't wanna hurt me, it often leaves minor scars on hand and arms. What would happen if I was playing with a 250 KG Tiger?

As waz is saying, they can be very unpredictable and if something goes wrong, in the end it'll be human's mistake for denying nature and expecting from a predator top at it's food chain ( though ultimate apex predator is human )

There was a very famous tigress in India dead by now, people came once in a year in her territory for the temple there was and she used to go in hiding actively avoiding them. Then on the other side, I saw on t.v a tigress actively stalked wildlife people and they didn't know about her until she broke the cover and jumped on the guy sitting on elephant taking his fingers. Even now there are wild tigers held captive who've killed people but not for eating.

Then you must have misspelled or I'm mistaken in the post I quoted you, sorry. And watch 'WE BOUGHT A ZOO 2011'

Lions cant be petted. However the photo is a pciture of cuteness, a fierce cuteness. I would love to hold one of those cubs in my arms :)

Lions cant be petted.

:azn: :azn: :azn:

enhanced-buzz-7987-1401168739-9.jpg

Yes but big cats never hunt for fun....They ONLY hunt to feed...or attack when threatened or feel that they are in danger....these are big cats using too much energy is not good for them!

Of course they don't hunt for fun, and yes they do attack when threatened. What I'm saying is that the lines of what they see as "play" and the same techniques they use to kill are very blurred. For example, when lion cubs are growing up they engage in tripping each other up and biting into the neck. There is no threat or need to hunt, it's the tools of the trade they are learning and something that becomes part of their genetic makeup. They are genetically programmed to kill, which makes them a danger.If you speak to any animal expert they will tell you that lion behaviour has very little in the way of stages before a lethal or semi lethal assault is launched, and in the confines of a home environment this is just downright dangerous.

No...animals cant always control emotions...However, threatening or any disturbance does make them uneasy!

That's what I said and used the example of the chimp, and by the way he was under no threat. He attacked out of jealousy!

Of course they don't hunt for fun, and yes they do attack when threatened. What I'm saying is that the lines of what they see as "play" and the same techniques they use to kill are very blurred. For example, when lion cubs are growing up they engage in tripping each other up and biting into the neck. There is no threat or need to hunt, it's the tools of the trade they are learning and something that becomes part of their genetic makeup. They are genetically programmed to kill, which makes them a danger.If you speak to any animal expert they will tell you that lion behaviour has very little in the way of stages before a lethal or semi lethal assault is launched, and in the confines of a home environment this is just downright dangerous.

That's what I said and used the example of the chimp, and by the way he was under no threat. He attacked out of jealousy!
There's video on youtube, a pet lion suddenly grabbed the leg or arm ( I'm not sure ) of the guest lady and whole family was struggling to get them apart

There's video on youtube, a pet lion suddenly grabbed the leg or arm ( I'm not sure ) of the guest lady and whole family was struggling to get them apart

Seen it bro.

Take a look at these shocking attacks. The first is exactly what I have been speaking about i.e. what is play for them can be very serious for us.

Lol at the third attack, Pakistanis keeping lions, will end bad. Just like I said.

Seen it bro.

Take a look at these shocking attacks. The first is exactly what I have been speaking about i.e. what is play for them can be very serious for us.

And yet half of them were playing without being agressive. Preacher one was really intimidated:fie:

That's the one I was telling @Akheilos about. Just came out of nowhere

so you think only boys have a domain on being rude?

Wild animals are wild animals they can snap in a second, they may look domesticated and tame but they are in prison, in an alien unnatural environment for them and they are stressed and show their anger frequently.

Back
Top Bottom