What's new

Lioness Kept as Pet in Pakistan Gives Birth to 5 Cubs

Of course they don't hunt for fun, and yes they do attack when threatened. What I'm saying is that the lines of what they see as "play" and the same techniques they use to kill are very blurred. For example, when lion cubs are growing up they engage in tripping each other up and biting into the neck. There is no threat or need to hunt, it's the tools of the trade they are learning and something that becomes part of their genetic makeup. They are genetically programmed to kill, which makes them a danger.If you speak to any animal expert they will tell you that lion behaviour has very little in the way of stages before a lethal or semi lethal assault is launched, and in the confines of a home environment this is just downright dangerous.
I have never actually met a lion trainer....But I had a wild cats expert in the uni who was less than bothered about what OTHERS say :p:

And then I have 2 relatives who are veterinarians - 1 works at the zoo while the other works in America for pets...Neither has said any such thing though they do say such stories to their kids to make sure they listen something like I will feed you to the lions...

However, I do agree they are dangerous...

And then people say animals have no feelings..Science need to be redefined ....Sometimes I feel humans have less feelings than animals!

That's the one I was telling @Akheilos about. Just came out of nowhere

Well, one thing you need to know...Any of you learned animal behaviour? I took a course on it (so am no expert but we studied different animals no tigers though)

The case here was
She was from the wild living in the wild while the one in 1st post has been living at home since she was a cub
Both had cubs so hormones are high....However, the one in the 1st post has been a mother before (as the opening post states) and she saw her previous cubs were never in danger....

While the one in the video was in the wild always on alert, and only god knows if the villagers had ever hurt her as a child or her mom....Animals get childhood traumas too ....

Main difference is the treatment each got throughout their life!

Seen it bro.

Take a look at these shocking attacks. The first is exactly what I have been speaking about i.e. what is play for them can be very serious for us.

Lol at the third attack, Pakistanis keeping lions, will end bad. Just like I said.

No.10 looks stupid and if you notice the lion was only interested in harming the new comer not his trainer....god knows what the new comer smelled like! - something he ate? his clothes smell funny....many different factors!

That too a lion of a zoo....

According to animal behaviours, animals in cages do have different responses to those who are allowed some freedom....they suffer more stress....hence birthrate is low...THIS is also why we hear CHEERY news when a baby is born in captivity coz it is rare and difficult!

In fact, when a different lion takes over the pride and if the females of the pride are pregnant with the old alpha's babies their body gets them aborted (read it in my text books no idea how they figured it out) because the new alpha will kill the babies and will chase away the young male....

So basically there is a system....and videos of wild animals vs a cub raised in doors are different...Heck you can see clear difference between a stray cat and one raised at home (usually lazy and trying to qabza the carpet or sofa)

even in video 9 the lioness came to help :p:

Well the lion was attacking 1 trainer and not the other...didnt even jump at him too...we didnt see what the attacked trainer did or maybe he smelled like meat...THAT usually is dangerous

Video 8 was similar....attacking 1 guy only ...why not attack the groups?

video 7 attacking a hunter is from adrenaline again this one is lion from the wild sooo different story...

video 6 attacking a trainer with a whip is something ANY animal even a home dog would do forget a circus LION

video 5 was a little funny...

video 4 : on a leash with flashes everywhere? WOW!! That was just asking for it! And well in the end it just ran didnt

video 3: Well even the lion wasnt convinced of the preaching....honestly wth was the preacher trying to do? Lion surely blew his cover!

In none of the videos they didnt beat other people, they didnt finish the job....DO you know a lion is capable of finishing the job.....esp if he wants to ...

Then there is a vast difference between captive animals and wild ones....Instincts for wild ones are high...For those in captives if they newly moved in well they are bound to be edgy!
As for the circus ones...well no animal likes to be shown the whip esp not the king of the jungle!

Read abit about animal behaviour it is interesting....Not all cases can be painted with 1 brush...

My 6-8 months old cat's sharp claws instantaneously come out even when it's playing and doesn't wanna hurt me, it often leaves minor scars on hand and arms. What would happen if I was playing with a 250 KG Tiger?
Lolz my friend used to come over to cut my kitten's nails.....I agree it is dangerous but I still stand by what I say....each situation is different but saying a lion will turn at you in minutes is likely a myth until and unless you hurt it or pose a threat or smell like raw meat or something it wants too...

As waz is saying, they can be very unpredictable and if something goes wrong, in the end it'll be human's mistake for denying nature and expecting from a predator top at it's food chain ( though ultimate apex predator is human )
Actually for feline it is a little different...I mean I might not trust a hyena then again not much studies have been done on hyenas!
There was a very famous tigress in India dead by now, people came once in a year in her territory for the temple there was and she used to go in hiding actively avoiding them. Then on the other side, I saw on t.v a tigress actively stalked wildlife people and they didn't know about her until she broke the cover and jumped on the guy sitting on elephant taking his fingers. Even now there are wild tigers held captive who've killed people but not for eating.
Captive animals do behave differently they experience more stress ....Another problem can be a new cage, new environment, nervous, anxiety, didnt get fed well, mishandled, bad experience with humans, threatened.... (of course no one will report these )

Then you must have misspelled or I'm mistaken in the post I quoted you, sorry. And watch 'WE BOUGHT A ZOO 2011'
I think I saw it....cant recall though... :ashamed:

My sis did her thesis trapping small forest mammals....and I helped a bit not much as it was too much work and way in the forest at odd nights...Her colleague worked with camera traps in the jungle to capture wild cats on camera ....was interesting ....

My colleague had a project on bats and I went with her for the training ...bat trapping at 2am :p: Though we worked on fruit bats and it was interesting to set up traps and then come back next day to check and take DNA samples ...

While in animal behaviour course we worked on mice - mother mice and her baby's habits we observed smelly stuff, shifted the babies to see mom's reaction and study that...We also studied monkey and human reaction in a recretional park...Man that was scary esp when alpha male came to scare us and once I saw it jumping on someone's car...Nasty greedy one!

These are hands on experiences in the wild....Ahhh life was good then I switched fields :(

And then people say animals have no feelings..Science need to be redefined ....Sometimes I feel humans have less feelings than animals!

Even my cat has more feelings than people like diesel and zardari oh sorry TT. If you forbid it to sit or sleep near you, wouldn't bother you again and find some kona khudra.

Well, one thing you need to know...Any of you learned animal behaviour? I took a course on it (so am no expert but we studied different animals no tigers though)

The case here was
She was from the wild living in the wild while the one in 1st post has been living at home since she was a cub
Both had cubs so hormones are high....However, the one in the 1st post has been a mother before (as the opening post states) and she saw her previous cubs were never in danger....

While the one in the video was in the wild always on alert, and only god knows if the villagers had ever hurt her as a child or her mom....Animals get childhood traumas too ....

Main difference is the treatment each got throughout their life!

No.10 looks stupid and if you notice the lion was only interested in harming the new comer not his trainer....god knows what the new comer smelled like! - something he ate? his clothes smell funny....many different factors!

That too a lion of a zoo....

According to animal behaviours, animals in cages do have different responses to those who are allowed some freedom....they suffer more stress....hence birthrate is low...THIS is also why we hear CHEERY news when a baby is born in captivity coz it is rare and difficult!

In fact, when a different lion takes over the pride and if the females of the pride are pregnant with the old alpha's babies their body gets them aborted (read it in my text books no idea how they figured it out) because the new alpha will kill the babies and will chase away the young male....

So basically there is a system....and videos of wild animals vs a cub raised in doors are different...Heck you can see clear difference between a stray cat and one raised at home (usually lazy and trying to qabza the carpet or sofa)

even in video 9 the lioness came to help :p:

Well the lion was attacking 1 trainer and not the other...didnt even jump at him too...we didnt see what the attacked trainer did or maybe he smelled like meat...THAT usually is dangerous

Video 8 was similar....attacking 1 guy only ...why not attack the groups?

video 7 attacking a hunter is from adrenaline again this one is lion from the wild sooo different story...

video 6 attacking a trainer with a whip is something ANY animal even a home dog would do forget a circus LION

video 5 was a little funny...

video 4 : on a leash with flashes everywhere? WOW!! That was just asking for it! And well in the end it just ran didnt

video 3: Well even the lion wasnt convinced of the preaching....honestly wth was the preacher trying to do? Lion surely blew his cover!

In none of the videos they didnt beat other people, they didnt finish the job....DO you know a lion is capable of finishing the job.....esp if he wants to ...

Then there is a vast difference between captive animals and wild ones....Instincts for wild ones are high...For those in captives if they newly moved in well they are bound to be edgy!
As for the circus ones...well no animal likes to be shown the whip esp not the king of the jungle!

Read abit about animal behaviour it is interesting....Not all cases can be painted with 1 brush...

Lolz my friend used to come over to cut my kitten's nails.....I agree it is dangerous but I still stand by what I say....each situation is different but saying a lion will turn at you in minutes is likely a myth until and unless you hurt it or pose a threat or smell like raw meat or something it wants too...

Actually for feline it is a little different...I mean I might not trust a hyena then again not much studies have been done on hyenas!

Captive animals do behave differently they experience more stress ....Another problem can be a new cage, new environment, nervous, anxiety, didnt get fed well, mishandled, bad experience with humans, threatened.... (of course no one will report these )

I think I saw it....cant recall though... :ashamed:

My sis did her thesis trapping small forest mammals....and I helped a bit not much as it was too much work and way in the forest at odd nights...Her colleague worked with camera traps in the jungle to capture wild cats on camera ....was interesting ....

My colleague had a project on bats and I went with her for the training ...bat trapping at 2am :p: Though we worked on fruit bats and it was interesting to set up traps and then come back next day to check and take DNA samples ...

While in animal behaviour course we worked on mice - mother mice and her baby's habits we observed smelly stuff, shifted the babies to see mom's reaction and study that...We also studied monkey and human reaction in a recretional park...Man that was scary esp when alpha male came to scare us and once I saw it jumping on someone's car...Nasty greedy one!

These are hands on experiences in the wild....Ahhh life was good then I switched fields :(
Those lions were just playing atleast 7 or them, the preacher one behaved most appropriately. Though they could finish the job but they were scared and not agressive. I.f you release them in wild, hopefully they will act like royals again.

Those were not intimidating villagers but wildlife people and her attack was purely natural no denying in this. On the other hand I gave you example of another tigress named 'Machli' , there is a temple in that territory where she lived. When intimidating amateurs came, she went into hiding avoiding them. So they can be predictable, we are saying that we ourselves should know that red line which must not be crossed. If we do, it'll be our and only our fault.

Though lions are only social ones in Pantheras and play with their kids live with the females and agressively defend them. Tigers are solitary on the other hand and might kill their own cubs too if encountered, though they they don't pay family visits but some have been encountered having a nice family time with kids and misses.

And for the feeling and emotions part, I just remembered another incident. A leopardess in Africa first time went to a male near for ....... and had babies, other male nearby killed those. 2nd time she went to the 2nd one who killed the cubs and had his cubs, This time 1st one killed them. For the next time, she went to both one by one and tricked both that she had his babies and raised them.

Kiliing cubs isn't only a predator thing even wild horses do that. One herd in China, there were two bros and best pals, when alpha got sick other one was put incharge and he ruthlessly banished other youngs and broke all ladies except alpha mare, she was tough and carrying his brother's kid. When she had baby, he killed it and soon she got along with things. He herded the females to water not letting anyone go to nomadic males and soon herded back keeping other males at bay.

Why did you quit all that fun :hitwall: and for what

MULTAN, Pakistan — Mar 26, 2015, 11:40 AM ET
By ASIM TANVEER Associated Press

WireAP_1f63fba46f8f4d089afaf29d9c50c85d_16x9_992.jpg

African lioness named Rani, or Queen, sits with her newly born five cubs at the house of her owner who has grown her as a pet, Thursday, March 26, 2015, in Multan, Pakistan. The African lioness has given birth to five healthy cubs. Lions normally have litters of two or three cubs. (AP Photo/Asim Tanveer)

The Associated Press

It's a baby boom for the owner of a pet lioness in central Pakistan. The African lioness named Queen has given birth to five healthy cubs — double the usual two-to-three-cub litters among lions.

Owner Malik Fazal Abbas said he has had 4-year-old Queen since she was 2 months old. She mated with a male lion that Abbas also keeps at his home in the city of Multan. The pair has already had a litter of two cubs, now nine months old.

Abbas, a cotton and mango grower, says he has a license from the Pakistani Wildlife Department to keep lions as pets — a dream he has since he was a boy.

And he is not the only exotic pet owner in Pakistan. The tiger is a symbol of the ruling party of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, and some supporters keep tigers that they bring out during election campaigns.

"You know, it's brave to hug lions," he told The Associated Press at his home, which has a separate section for his animals.

But keeping wildlife as pets is not a "hobby easy to afford," he added — his lion and lioness each eat 20 kilograms (44 pounds) of meat a day. The nine-months-old cubs each consume around 9 kilograms (20 pounds) of meat daily.

Abbas said his family was initially uneasy but later grew more comfortable, even feedings the cubs from milk bottles.

He has a caretaker for the animals, and claims he follows all precautions and safety measures to ensure his lions harm no one. His neighbors often come to visit the lions with their families.

A Pakistani wildlife department official, Ghulam Muhammad, said it was legal to keep the animals as pets — as long as they do not endanger anyone.

"We make sure in our visits that the owners have all the protections in place," Muhammad said.

Lioness Kept as Pet in Pakistan Gives Birth to 5 Cubs - ABC News

Look at those cute balls of fur...
I want a cub @Gufi @Armstrong @HRK @Leader @Jazzbot @slapshot @dexter @rockstar08
:lol: I know these guys :lol:

the cage is probably very big, I could only see a portion, but its very sadist anyway to have animals caged, like you do with rats... zalim ! :angry:

Bro my uncle also has a pet Cat.

P.S: there is nothing "Crüel" about these animals .. They are fed and taken care of very much .. And treated like children.

:lol: I know these guys :lol:

Bro my uncle also has a pet Cat.

P.S: there is nothing "Crüel" about these animals .. They are fed and taken care of very much .. And treated like children.
You mentioned once that your uncle got Tigers. I'm asking again, has he lion or tiger?

Even my cat has more feelings than people like diesel and zardari oh sorry TT. If you forbid it to sit or sleep near you, wouldn't bother you again and find some kona khudra.
:rofl: mine wasnt soo nice she would jump o my sister's bed and kick her off :unsure: Not sure which was spoilt brat my sis or the cat...Apparently the kitty sensed it in my sis and felt to do something :rofl: Same kitty would come stand on her 2 paws with 2 paws on my bed and watch me sleep....or sometimes meow if my face is hanging from the bed...

I recall she once jumped on my bed and then bounced a little more coz of the springs...She found it fun and did it a few times even when I told her no :undecided:

Those lions were just playing atleast 7 or them, the preacher one behaved most appropriately. Though they could finish the job but they were scared and not agressive. I.f you release them in wild, hopefully they will act like royals again.
I didnt get how the preacher offended them... :unsure: maybe he made some noises like removing spirits from them...Apparently he was in the cage with them to prove a point!

Those were not intimidating villagers but wildlife people and her attack was purely natural no denying in this. On the other hand I gave you example of another tigress named 'Machli' , there is a temple in that territory where she lived. When intimidating amateurs came, she went into hiding avoiding them. So they can be predictable, we are saying that we ourselves should know that red line which must not be crossed. If we do, it'll be our and only our fault.
True!

And for the feeling and emotions part, I just remembered another incident. A leopardess in Africa first time went to a male near for ....... and had babies, other male nearby killed those. 2nd time she went to the 2nd one who killed the cubs and had his cubs, This time 1st one killed them. For the next time, she went to both one by one and tricked both that she had his babies and raised them.
Yup learnt that in animal behaviour course that some animals do this so that the male cant tell if it is his....but I didnt know the leopard had to trial an error too achieve this I thought it was natural to them to mate with all the males if they live in a mixed group ...

Kiliing cubs isn't only a predator thing even wild horses do that. One herd in China, there were two bros and best pals, when alpha got sick other one was put incharge and he ruthlessly banished other youngs and broke all ladies except alpha mare, she was tough and carrying his brother's kid. When she had baby, he killed it and soon she got along with things. He herded the females to water not letting anyone go to nomadic males and soon herded back keeping other males at bay.
Yup it is a natural response in the wild...

Not soo much in tamed animals...Like my friends have multiple cats who have multiple males and the males dont attack other's kittens....

Why did you quit all that fun :hitwall: and for what
No job :(

Quit it for agriculture

:rofl: mine wasnt soo nice she would jump o my sister's bed and kick her off :unsure: Not sure which was spoilt brat my sis or the cat...Apparently the kitty sensed it in my sis and felt to do something :rofl: Same kitty would come stand on her 2 paws with 2 paws on my bed and watch me sleep....or sometimes meow if my face is hanging from the bed...

I recall she once jumped on my bed and then bounced a little more coz of the springs...She found it fun and did it a few times even when I told her no :undecided:

I didnt get how the preacher offended them... :unsure: maybe he made some noises like removing spirits from them...Apparently he was in the cage with them to prove a point!

True!

Yup learnt that in animal behaviour course that some animals do this so that the male cant tell if it is his....but I didnt know the leopard had to trial an error too achieve this I thought it was natural to them to mate with all the males if they live in a mixed group ...

Yup it is a natural response in the wild...

Not soo much in tamed animals...Like my friends have multiple cats who have multiple males and the males dont attack other's kittens....

No job :(

Quit it for agriculture

But still she must have been good kitty though mine is kitta but yet very gentle.

Leopards don't live in groups they are very solitary and elusive, only coming in contact for reproduction. Females and males have their own defined and hard-earned territories which may overlap in cases like 1 female in proximity of multiple males or 1 male surrounding different females

But still domestic cat's kitten are killed sometimes by mystery males which we never see, all we know is she got babies all the sudden:what:

Still good as agri is also very important :agree:

But still she must have been good kitty though mine is kitta but yet very gentle.
Male are better...We had a billa once...and he was nice a little dumb one :p:

Darpok of an extreme level....while my female one was like chasing and fighting dogs this billa was running and sitting at high points sometime getting in the spaces in the roof....

Leopards don't live in groups they are very solitary and elusive, only coming in contact for reproduction. Females and males have their own defined and hard-earned territories which may overlap in cases like 1 female in proximity of multiple males or 1 male surrounding different females
Ahan...interesting didnt know this details...Then again I am one who confuses a leopard with a cheetah who are usually in packs of 4 (or national geography just shows them that way :unsure: )

But still domestic cat's kitten are killed sometimes by mystery males which we never see, all we know is she got babies all the sudden:what:
:rofl:

Nahh I am not that innocent I recall my kitty when she encountered her first male....My mom spoilt that cat soo much she was literally in pain and was like shocked or traumatized and in my mom's lap for few days :unsure:

Lets also not forget the god awful sounds that they make at mating....

Yes mysterious male always killed my other cat's kitties :(

Still good as agri is also very important :agree:
True...though not as interesting nor diverse as my previous adventures

Male are better...We had a billa once...and he was nice a little dumb one :p:

Darpok of an extreme level....while my female one was like chasing and fighting dogs this billa was running and sitting at high points sometime getting in the spaces in the roof....

It's young but I think will get lazy by time. For now, it is lightning fast at catching even lizards

Ahan...interesting didnt know this details...Then again I am one who confuses a leopard with a cheetah who are usually in packs of 4 (or national geography just shows them that way :unsure: )

Wildlife of Pakistan | Page 6

Nahh I am not that innocent I recall my kitty when she encountered her first male....My mom spoilt that cat soo much she was literally in pain and was like shocked or traumatized and in my mom's lap for few days :unsure:

Nothing to say but I just learnt 2 days ago that first one isn't the father it prepares them to be ready to be mums.....

Lets also not forget the god awful sounds that they make at mating....

Yes mysterious male always killed my other cat's kitties :(

That's still natural but ever heard of rats cutting cat's legs?

True...though not as interesting nor diverse as my previous adventures

There are many crops and things about land and climate to learn about

Last edited:
I hope the Zoo admin will treat these little guests nice. No offence :)

Back
Top Bottom