What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
I think Rafale is the best fit to IAF, but Congress delay it due to election. A party shall not lift election result beyond national security, a pathetic for inmature democracy?

That is why India has a failed democracy. Its compromising its security for political purposes.

IAF is not really reluctant to induct Tejas in large numbers. Infact they want to induct Tejas in good numbers but with mk2 variant as there is a room for further upgradations, and thats why we have ordered additional 100 improved engines(100kn) for mk2(other than 50 engines(90kn) for mk1).

That depends on when MK2 variant is ready. If it takes forever, than Indian AF would come up with more "reasons" for not wanting this plane.

AS for Gripen vs LCA, LCA need to get inducted first before comparing with an 80s plane. But then again, LCA was first designed in the 80s so its a valid comparison. The only drawback for LCA is that it take over 30 years to induct while Gripen has been flying since mid 90s, an almost 20 lead on LCA.

That depends on when MK2 variant is ready. If it takes forever, than Indian AF would come up with more "reasons" for not wanting this plane.

AS for Gripen vs LCA, LCA need to get inducted first before comparing with an 80s plane. But then again, LCA was first designed in the 80s so its a valid comparison. The only drawback for LCA is that it take over 30 years to induct while Gripen has been flying since mid 90s, an almost 20 lead on LCA.
i always thought u americans prefer us over pakistanis hahaahahah

2 canard like gripen was Planned in Naval LCA but Wind tunnel test proved them useless. You will find levcon in place in MK2. It is likely to further improve the performance of LCA.

760 KG of weight was reduced in PV1 compare to TD1 as per B herry. LCA has least Numbers of LRUS compare to any 4th generation plane.

Last edited:

Well mk2 is not an all new aircraft developed from scratch, rather an improvement(better engine, better radar, better range, better avonics etc). So it wont need much time. And even if it take sometimes, IAF would have no issue.

I'm really looking forward to it when JF17 thunder faces Tejas in the combat.
Sure 3rd gen tech with the feel of 4th gen. thats is the jf-17s tag line for countries that cant afford something better. The current jf-17 batch cant even fire HOBS cic missiles and the same is not even planned for its next batch. Tejas has already been tested with the archer and the dash III. And dont even get me started on BVR

Kindly don't troll.

Parisian is not that backward nation. I know Pakistan has its contribution in JF-17. I just want to know nature of contribution i.e whether its is in the form of designing crucial systems like FBW or avionics like ECM pods.

ya right :cheesy:.....:rofl::rofl:

anyway man was that sarcasm or hit under the belt :azn:...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistans contribution in JF - 17 is 58%, china has many other big aircrafts and they are making 5th gen aircrafts, they dont really need JF - 17, it was a Pakistani Program made with China's Help. JF - 17 is already operational with wide range of missiles and cruise missiles.

So JF-17 is called as BVRAAM carrier missile.After the launching of BVRAAM Jf-17 become sitting duck.

Your Army wanted to replace aging MIGs not the industry. After this many years they are still needing to be replaced and are in large number. It wasn't a good decision not take help from others. You made your need dependent upon RND and in the end you have to take the help which is even worst. In simple words after spending time instead of owning self tech you had to import it. Regarding fibre materials and MFD, radars to some extent you maybe right but it still doesn't give your army the home grown option to replace their aging fleet which was the main requirement for LCA project. In the end we may see LCA inducted in IAF but in lot less numbers just to conclude the project.

But we could develop a indegenious aerospace industry by using this little LCA.R&D is not that easy man.For developing a aircraft like this we need so much R&D and money.ADA do a commendable
job even in middle of sanction after nuke test.IAF will not compromise quality and it has no money like china,to buy an aircraft in large number before proving it quality.HA L tejas will induct ,i am sure.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom