What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
By "looking"? :hitwall: Just tell me how you came to this conclusion? Enumerate the similarities in the Mirage 2k and LCA airframes ( and do not just shout "delta wings" cause that would be naive!).

It is about time you start backing your claims with some technical info. We are waiting!
mk 1 is rumored to have have a fixed IFR probe isn't it?

Mk2 will have it for sure, some reports stated that Mk1 could have it too, but so far we have only seen LCA mockups with it, while not a single of the flying prototypes has tested it.

Mk2 will have it for sure, some reports stated that Mk1 could have it too, but so far we have only seen LCA mockups with it, while not a single of the flying prototypes has tested it.
Tejas has a better engine performance(89kn or 20200 lb thrust)than gripen. Right??

LCA is going to induct in december 20 by defense minister A.KAntony

Tejas has a better engine performance(89kn or 20200 lb thrust)than gripen. Right??

The AB thrust is better, 80,5kN for the RM12 and 85kN for the GE 404IN20, while the dry thrust is given at the same 55kN for both and that should be the important trust figure. LCA however has the better TWR, with around 200Kg less empty weight (maybe more if further reductions were made).

main problem in Tejas is lesser pylon strength and lesser hardpoints. Solve these and it can kick Gripen's a$$

The AB thrust is better, 80,5kN for the RM12 and 85kN for the GE 404IN20, while the dry thrust is given at the same 55kN for both and that should be the important trust figure. LCA however has the better TWR, with around 200Kg less empty weight (maybe more if further reductions were made).
Actually Tejas engine's wet thrust is 20200 lbf or 89 kn as per Tejas's official website. But still wiki uses old stastics(probably haven't updated).

Actually Tejas engine's wet thrust is 20200 lbf or 89 kn as per Tejas's official website. But still wiki uses old stastics(probably haven't updated).

GE the manufacturer of the engine says:

F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft

...Earlier this year, the F404-GE-IN20 was trial-installed in Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) as part of final evaluations toward flight-testing, scheduled for mid-2007. The F404-IN-20 engine has generated more than 19,000 pounds (85 kN) uninstalled thrust and has completed 330 hours of Accelerated Mission testing, which is the equivalent of 1,000 hours of flight operation...

F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft | Press Release

But as I said, the dry thrust is more important.

They said more than 19000lb but clearly stated 85kN and that actually is around 19100lb.
Okay. But Sir is there any chance they have improved engine's performance?

Okay. But Sir is there any chance they have improved engine's performance?

Anything is possible, but I take the manufacturer specs as more reliable than any LCA specs we have seen so far, since they usually differ very much and as I said, I don't bother too much about it, since it doesn't make a big difference if it has 4kN more AB thrust.
I am still more interested on some radar specs, when we finally see flight tests with integrated Derby missile.

Anything is possible, but I take the manufacturer specs as more reliable than any LCA specs we have seen so far, since they usually differ very much and as I said, I don't bother too much about it, since it doesn't make a big difference if it has 4kN more AB thrust.
I am still more interested on some radar specs, when we finally see flight tests with integrated Derby missile.
Yeah I would also like to see Tejas testing medium range Derby missile probably by mid next year or so. Anyway they claim that its radar would be a hybrid version of 'EL-2032', so by any chance can they improve its performance too or it'll have same performance as 32??

OP shouldve made a specs table for members to start an informative discussion

these 3 fighters would be having similar specs
KLaNd.png
JxOwXWU.jpg
Aphl81D.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I would also like to see Tejas testing medium range Derby missile probably by mid next year or so. Anyway they claim that its radar would be a hybrid version of 'EL-2032', so by any chance can they improve its performance too or it'll have same performance as 32??

The hybrid is meant to be the LRDE radar with certain A2G modes of the EL 2032, but you don't need A2G modes to guide A2A missiles, which means if it still is not able to be integrated into LCA and guide R77s or Derby missiles, there are more issues with it than just the A2G modes. That's most likely where the problem is with the IOCs or the missile integrations and why MK1 most likely will come with the Israeli radar. When we take statements of officials to account, the first MK2s might come with the hybrid, while only later version will get the AESA, which shows the actual stage of the fighter radar developments.

But why Pakistan IF didn't induct huge numbers since it's that good and really it is good and it's cheap I wish the Iraqi GOV. go to China for it since the Pakistani GOV under the influence of the Saudi regime these cheap plane suit us very well for now economically and technically.

Back
Top Bottom