What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
You are not taking official specs into account, which is the first problem, then there are many mistakes in your comparison. The Gripen has not 2.4t internal fuel, 2t at max, it doesn't have the same GE 404 that the LCA MK1 has, it's Volvo RM12 is only based on the GE 404, but with a lot of different parts and different performance too.

So far as I know, Gripen has 3000 Liters of fuel capacity which is 2400 KG against 2468 Kg of Tejas. Not much difference.

The RCS is not dependent on the ammount of composites that is being use, but mainly on external design, coatings... and since all Eurocanards are developed with a very low RCS in mind, it's hard to see many advantages for LCA there and where did you get the power of Tejas radar, when we still don't know which radar will be used in MK1?

RSC dependents on 3 parameter.

1) Design
2) RAM Ceating and,
3) Material of Body (i.e Composite used)

So your contention of composite used in body do not decrease RCS is not correct.

The fact is, the Gripen offers advantages in speed, has IFR, the higher payload, and most likely in maneuverability as well.
LCA is developed according similar modern standards (low RCS in mind, modern avionics), for similar roles and at the end will have a proven and capable engine (most likely also a proven and capable radar), which basically puts itself in the same generation as the Gripen, performance wise however, it fits more between Gripen A and C.

I believe (Never seen any compression from any authentic source) that Gripen may be a batter plane so far as maneuverability is concern. Ther may be plus and minus points in both aircraft. We can hope to know more about plane specifications of plane once the IOC2 is given on 20th December. How ever I read from the blog that STR issues are resolved. Tejas can complete vertical loop in 20 Second. Horizontal loop timing is also been achieved.

GE the manufacturer of the engine says:

F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft | Press Release

But as I said, the dry thrust is more important.

The article is of 2007.

Last edited:
Okay. But Sir is there any chance they have improved engine's performance?

Right. The Article sancho quoted is of 2007. it has been 6 years since than. 19000 pound thrust was at the time of Engine was in trial run in 2007.

It,s like comparing horse with a donkey :omghaha:
I am pretty sure the OP is drunk on cow urine :rofl:
like comparing horse with a donkey thank you
that is exactly what i thought when i saw JF!7 vs mig29 threads. but did i suggest that pakistanis are highon camel urine?

SAAB GRIPEN:
Gripen entered service in....1997.
Total number built...............235
No. of operating countries.......5
LCA Tejas
LCA entered service in..........NOT YET.
Total number built............... 13 Prototype

No. of operating countries.....NIL

DO we have a comparison........

nothing wrong with that. you guys made jf17vs f16,mig29,su30:lol:,f22 threads way before it was inducted. did we say anything?

Not that I think this will lead to a healthy discussion, but here are some basic specs of the fighters):

9s88idgm.jpg

Sources:

LCA Tejas - Specifications: Leading Particulars and Performance

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2330/feb20112.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/131209/w24xhe2y.jpg

The Gripen Program
not much differences however ive read that tail less delta needs a stronger engine to overcome drag

not much differences however ive read that tail less delta needs a stronger engine to overcome drag

We shall have AOA 24 degree at least on MK1. For MK2 it will be some where between 28 to 36 Degree.

like comparing horse with a donkey thank you
that is exactly what i thought when i saw JF!7 vs mig29 threads. but did i suggest that pakistanis are highon camel urine?

nothing wrong with that. you guys made jf17vs f16,mig29,su30:lol:,f22 threads way before it was inducted. did we say anything?

Well we don't have any issue you making the LCA.
but try to be realistic, how can you compare it with an aircraft which has been in service for 15 years.

When it is in service you can compare it with F-35...

Well we don't have any issue you making the LCA.
but try to be realistic, how can you compare it with an aircraft which has been in service for 15 years.

When it is in service you can compare it with F-35...
sure gripen is tested and proven while LCA is not
but there is nothing wrong in comparing the 2 specs is there?

I think J7BGI of BD airforce could easily deal with LCA( least combatable airplane). I'm really looking down on this old toy.
J7BGI of BD airforce can deal with anything flying with any Air force in this world... does not matter how long J7BGI of BD airforce survives.

J7BGI of BD airforce can deal with anything flying with any Air force in this world... does not matter how long J7BGI of BD airforce survives.
Trolling for fun, don't take it seriously. I love the paint job of J7BGI.

sure gripen is tested and proven while LCA is not
but there is nothing wrong in comparing the 2 specs is there?

I would like the IAF to have LCA as it's main fighter and replace all the Su's, Mig's, Mirages's....
It will be good for PAF.

I would like the IAF to have LCA as it's main fighter and replace all the Su's, Mig's, Mirages's....
It will be good for PAF.

i never get why pakistanis tend to underestimate indian made hardware. look at arjun for eg. it better than most tanks in the world. or look at the made in india thread.

there is delay in india but when the product comes out it is usually pretty good

i never get why pakistanis tend to underestimate indian made hardware. look at arjun for eg. it better than most tanks in the world. or look at the made in india thread.

there is delay in india but when the product comes out it is usually pretty good

I'm not underestimating anything...
Yea your right, it took 30 years to build an aircraft, it has to be good.

I am just saying that PAF would be happy to counter just one type of aircraft. :)

We show some unique wing in latest Design of AMCA. Can anybody say whether LCA MK2 will have similar wings as we show in latest design of AMCA?

SAAB GRIPEN:
Gripen entered service in....1997.
Total number built...............235
No. of operating countries.......5

LCA Tejas
LCA entered service in..........NOT YET.
Total number built............... 13 Prototype
No. of operating countries.....NIL

DO we have a comparison........

Mig 21--thousands built,over 60 countries operated.
F-22--around 190 built.only one user...

Mig-21 wins the race.. :crazy:

It will be good for PAF.

all these aircrafts are not in the same category.. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom