What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
I will vote for Narendra Modi if i am an Indian. But i will vote for Congress as it is more sane in China-India relationship.

Once again compared to total lifecycle costs we can always have 30 percent more Tejas number for the same Grippen budget.

So cost wise number of tons of weapon load per million dollar spent will always be favorable for Tejas mk-1.

What we get as bonus is is these tons of weapon loads on air will be delivered by more stealthier and bigger radar plane in very effective manner.

Also you will have 30 percent more radar power and more jamming power per ton of weapon load , for the same budget courtesy higher number of tejas due to lower cost.

Also the fighter that gets fired upon first will always have to take high G turn evasive maneuvers, So most of the time those extra tons on bigger RCS and lower radar powered plane will be jettisoned will evading the long range air to air missile from a lower RCS higer radar powered plane.
Good analysis one....

You can say Tejas is more cost effective for IAF than Grippen, point accepted.

Its right we cant compare two non comparable planes..
but
if u see there specs here is conclusion as many of u r talking about payload
pay load has nothing to do with combat effectiveness comparison.

F-22 carries far lesser pay load than Su-30 MKI.

Does that mean Su-30 MKI is superior to F-22?

Same analogy with a bit lesser magnitude difference,

Tejas mk-1 has less than half the clean config RCS of bithe Grippen C/D and NG due to the presence of rectangular boxy inlets and canards ,

it is an undeniable fact.

Tejas mk-1 will always have a significantly bigger radome dia than Grippen C/D and even Grippen NG.

Agreed that once we put Air to air missiles RCS reflection will increase.

But the difference will always remain.

In any one on one meet even Tejas mk-1 will always detect grippen NG first , lock and launch 120 plus Km (Akash mk-2 will be available for tejas mk-1)range BVR

many seconds before any grippen version manages to obtain radar lock on any tejas version.

The radar ranges may increase , missile engagement zone will increase in future. But the fact is Tejas will always launch the missile first.

Especially if any stealth external weapon pod is available for both the fighter , the significantly lower RCS of tejas will assume even more bigger importance.

SO it is not how much load you carry , but how effectively the load is delivered that matters the most.

And a question to pakistani members--- if the tejas mk-1 with a bigger radar and lower RCS detects grippen C/D or Grippen NG first , then it will fire first.??

You see, Load carrying or not carrying depends on for what the plane was build. tejas is a small light multirole fighter having a very decent load carrying. It can dog fight, Fire long distance BVR and ground attack precisely.

Tejas have some very impressive features such as very low weight, Hig T/W ratio and very low RCS. We have to build in those areas which are weak. I see some significant change in air intake on LSP 8. I want to see it flying.

Who told you that they are not inducting that in large number.

It means More Tejas are build compare to J20 and J31. 40 are in order in addition to this. Can I now extend the logic of induction here?
Don't tell me you try to compare J20 with Tejas.

You see, Load carrying or not carrying depends on for what the plane was build. tejas is a small light multirole fighter having a very decent load carrying. It can dog fight, Fire long distance BVR and ground attack precisely.

Tejas have some very impressive features such as very low weight, Hig T/W ratio and very low RCS. We have to build in those areas which are weak. I see some significant change in air intake on LSP 8. I want to see it flying.
Agreed as i have said it in my first line "two non comparable planes i was just throwing lights on speccs..
anyways here is a treat for u

desparate ? Actually you should say interested as they have to look for other mature and proven options. IAF is not satisfied with LCA so you see something being changed every now and then. There is no better option then self reliance and if IAF is looking for other options its because LCA failed fill the needs. Doesn't matter how you mock, Thunder is indeed something great happened to PAF.
well brother thing is IAF top brass is as corrupt as any one else cause they are happy to kill owr precious rokie pilots in flying coffins but are reluctant to take LCA cause according to them its 500 KG over weight and not to the standards set by western planes ..what will you call it ...as for LCA well bro it has already completed all types of tests inclueding engine rstart, wepon delivery , high altitude , and some other benchmarks and come owt with flying colours some pakistani and chinese members are making fun of it but they fail to notice that it can carry more payload than your devine JF17 and has better take off ,radar tests, flight manouvering & is far more agile + lighter & carries more feul and wepons load than any other plane in its class + the works are already in full swing to incorporate GE 414 engine and indo-Israeli ASEA Radar, ew suite and wepons package dont worry we have a lot of money to invest on it and sooner than later we will achieve owr goals dont worry about owr money as we are not begging western nations , china or arabs to do funding or so called "soft loans"

LCA Tejas is owr baby and we will take care of it + its a great learning process for us but as for compairing it with grippen sounds hillarious to me "na soot na kapas aur julahe lathamm lathhaa"

I'm really looking forward to it when JF17 thunder faces Tejas in the combat.

Don't tell me you try to compare J20 with Tejas.
j 20 unit cost -120 million

Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano-- 14 million

after simple mathematics 1 j20 = 8-9
Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano

heheh just for troll

Anyways j20 is good plane
it does not matter if world claims it reverse engineering as at the end it matters who is strong and who survives

good luck china for j20

You are right one should not compare JF-17 with failed teja! JF - 17 Is a successful aircraft.

My dear friend JF-17 is result of JV between Pak and China, where China is Senior partner and contribution from Pakistani side is rather limited.

Project LCA is not JV. Its true many of its systems are imported and we sought consultancy from many companies but the design work happened in India, completely.

We (ADA) designed the air frame of Tejas and many important systems including Fly By Wire system.

Can Pak claims same?

Because if not then any comparison between Jf-17 and Tejas is void ab initio.

IAF has issued firm orders for Tejas and they will rise in future definitely. It is general practice in IAF that if likes the performance of plane, additional planes are ordered.

@A.Rafay @Dreamreaper

Last edited:
You hit the point as the gap between LCA and Grippen is not that large. I think Grippen fuselage design is more clean and manuevarable(with canards). Maybe next time Grippen shall try a DSI intake.

IAF is really lacking of planes as those old MIG are gonna retire in no time. Do you ever think seriously why IAF so reluctant to induct LCA in large number?
IAF is not really reluctant to induct Tejas in large numbers. Infact they want to induct Tejas in good numbers but with mk2 variant as there is a room for further upgradations, and thats why we have ordered additional 100 improved engines(100kn) for mk2(other than 50 engines(90kn) for mk1).

Pakistans contribution in JF - 17 is 58%, china has many other big aircrafts and they are making 5th gen aircrafts, they dont really need JF - 17, it was a Pakistani Program made with China's Help. JF - 17 is already operational with wide range of missiles and cruise missiles.

Congrats if true.

BTW can you tell me what contribution has been made by Pak?

Kindly reply.

@A.Rafay @Dreamreaper

I'm really looking forward to it when JF17 thunder faces Tejas in the combat.
We cant compare prototype tejas with j17 which is inducted in small no.
but after some study
we can see lca has many advantages over j17
i agree j17 is very good plane but Short and sweet "lca teajs is better"

but at the end thing is there roles are not same..

screw driver and paint job :rofl:

Kindly don't troll.

Parisian is not that backward nation. I know Pakistan has its contribution in JF-17. I just want to know nature of contribution i.e whether its is in the form of designing crucial systems like FBW or avionics like ECM pods.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom