What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
You hit the point as the gap between LCA and Grippen is not that large. I think Grippen fuselage design is more clean and manuevarable(with canards). Maybe next time Grippen shall try a DSI intake.

IAF is really lacking of planes as those old MIG are gonna retire in no time. Do you ever think seriously why IAF so reluctant to induct LCA in large number?

Do you have a stat or by just appearance you define this? please dont say next time.. we do have next time right?

For second point.. it is the reason why LCA is being developed.. if IAF is going for a new option in Lower category then we can say yeah.. they are not satisfied with LCA.... but i dont see any plans in future too.. so they will induct it in the required amount..

When Indian member point out JF17 is inferior t0 J10A is the reason why PLA don't have it in its inventory, i agree with it.

Do you have a stat or by just appearance you define this? please dont say next time.. we do have next time right?

For second point.. it is the reason why LCA is being developed.. if IAF is going for a new option in Lower category then we can say yeah.. they are not satisfied with LCA.... but i dont see any plans in future too.. so they will induct it in the required amount..
Are you try to say IAF is forced to recieve LCA cause there are no other choices?

When Indian member point out JF17 is inferior t0 J10A is the reason why PLA don't have it in its inventory, i agree with it.

See i see you being sensible... There are people in this forumn who are mature.... there are people who are not.. those who are not mature will bring this argument...

I say JF-17 is a successful one.... because it meets the user requirements.... Many would agree with this...

Pakistans contribution in JF - 17 is 58%, china has many other big aircrafts and they are making 5th gen aircrafts, they dont really need JF - 17, it was a Pakistani Program made with China's Help. JF - 17 is already operational with wide range of missiles and cruise missiles.
Does it feature mid air refueling???

ur super advance jet?

Are you try to say IAF is forced to recieve LCA cause there are no other choices?

IAF will not be forced.. for (e.g.) there was a project for training entry level fighter pilots from govt.. but for IAF it never met requirement.. they went to MoD and said sorry we dont need this ... so the government with to swizz

Said WS15 engine with 16.8 tons thrust power is flying with J20 NOW, will be ready before year 2016.

IAF is really lacking of planes as those old MIG are gonna retire in no time. Do you ever think seriously why IAF so reluctant to induct LCA in large number?

Who told you that they are not inducting that in large number.
FYI :
6 J20 has been built and under test
2 squadrons of J15 has entered into service as of now
there are only 2 J3001 been built and under test

It means More Tejas are build compare to J20 and J31. 40 are in order in addition to this. Can I now extend the logic of induction here?

Its right we cant compare two non comparable planes..
but
if u see there specs here is conclusion as many of u r talking about payload

pay load has nothing to do with combat effectiveness comparison.

F-22 carries far lesser pay load than Su-30 MKI.

Does that mean Su-30 MKI is superior to F-22?

Same analogy with a bit lesser magnitude difference,

Tejas mk-1 has less than half the clean config RCS of bithe Grippen C/D and NG due to the presence of rectangular boxy inlets and canards ,

it is an undeniable fact.

Tejas mk-1 will always have a significantly bigger radome dia than Grippen C/D and even Grippen NG.

Agreed that once we put Air to air missiles RCS reflection will increase.

But the difference will always remain.

In any one on one meet even Tejas mk-1 will always detect grippen NG first , lock and launch 120 plus Km (Akash mk-2 will be available for tejas mk-1)range BVR

many seconds before any grippen version manages to obtain radar lock on any tejas version.

The radar ranges may increase , missile engagement zone will increase in future. But the fact is Tejas will always launch the missile first.

Especially if any stealth external weapon pod is available for both the fighter , the significantly lower RCS of tejas will assume even more bigger importance.

SO it is not how much load you carry , but how effectively the load is delivered that matters the most.

And a question to pakistani members--- if the tejas mk-1 with a bigger radar and lower RCS detects grippen C/D or Grippen NG first , then it will fire first.??

IAF will not be forced.. for (e.g.) there was a project for training entry level fighter pilots from govt.. but for IAF it never met requirement.. they went to MoD and said sorry we dont need this ... so the government with to swizz
I think Rafale is the best fit to IAF, but Congress delay it due to election. A party shall not lift election result beyond national security, a pathetic for inmature democracy?

Once again compared to total lifecycle costs we can always have 30 percent more Tejas number for the same Grippen budget.

So cost wise number of tons of weapon load per million dollar spent will always be favorable for Tejas mk-1.

What we get as bonus is is these tons of weapon loads on air will be delivered by more stealthier and bigger radar plane in very effective manner.

Also you will have 30 percent more radar power and more jamming power per ton of weapon load , for the same budget courtesy higher number of tejas due to lower cost.

Also the fighter that gets fired upon first will always have to take high G turn evasive maneuvers, So most of the time those extra tons on bigger RCS and lower radar powered plane will be jettisoned will evading the long range air to air missile from a lower RCS higer radar powered plane.

Back
Top Bottom