LCA-Tejas flies with in-flight refuelling probe for the first time

Robinhood Pandey

Reaction score
Country
India
C3gFdyOUEAQ1KMM.jpg

:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

@MilSpec @ranjeet @Sky lord @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer

I am not impressed. I know that pilot's don't see from their wind screen but its obstructing pilots view. It could have been just on the side. Yes, its a smallest plane retractable fuel probe is not possible.

Wouldn't it limit pilot's visibility just looking straight?

I am not impressed. I know that pilot's don't see from their wind screen but its obstructing pilots view. It could have been just on the side. Yes, its a smallest plane retractable fuel probe is not possible.

No its not going to make any trouble for them... even Rafale has the probe just like lca.

Looks little bad... probe could have been small

I knew you guys would say the same. RAFALE probe is bit on the side. I also believe it should have been a retractable fuel probe on rafale too.

No its almost same... but due to the size of the Jets its appearing like that.

It can not be smaller than this because of safety reasons and it provides more space to the pilot to connect .

No its almost same... but due to the size of the Jets its appearing like that.
Captu1re.PNG

a-dassault-rafale-refueling-probe-AT2BWR.jpg

see for yourself buddy however, I think all this improvement should be on Mark II.

It can not be smaller than this because of safety reasons and it provides more space to the pilot to connect .

View attachment 373398

View attachment 373399

see for yourself buddy however, I think all this improvement should be on Mark II.

images (16).jpg

See from this angle, if the pilot saw a bit right side it'll disturb him too... same for LCA.. the picture is taken from different angle and the size of the lca is smaller than Rafale that's why it looks like that.

View attachment 373400
See from this angle, if the pilot saw a bit right side it'll disturb him too... same for LCA.. the picture is taken from different angle and the size of the lca is smaller than Rafale that's why it looks like that.

Considering LCA is small it should be installed at an angle. This probe directly can affect fuel vision. Another thing they should have done is custom designed Fuel probe by an foreign vendor instead of going for an large established design

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom