What's new

kills two Egyptian fishermen

Mootaz-khelifi

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

p505_h10.jpg

The Tunisian coast guard shot dead two Egyptian fishermen and wounded two others when their boat entered Tunisian waters on Monday, the Tunisian defense ministry said.

The Egyptian Foreign Ministry said that Tunisian authorities found two men dead upon boarding the fishing boat.

The coast guard “fired warning shots” at the fishing boat after pursuing it near Kerkennah Island on Tunisia’s eastern coast and ordering it to stop after it “entered regional waters illegally,” the Tunisian defense ministry said. The boat was among 10 Egyptian fishing boats that had illegally crossed into Tunisian waters.

The boat, which carried 12 other sailors, was seized in regional waters, said the ministry. The dead and wounded were transferred to a Sfax hospital based on orders from an investigating judge.

The Egyptian Embassy in Tunisia was notified that 10 Egyptian fishing boats have illegally entered Tunisian waters, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Amr Roshdy said.

Another Egyptian fishing boat carrying 16 people was also seized, he added.

Egypt's ambassador to Tunisia, Ayman Mesharafa, assigned a committee to follow up on the Egyptian fishermen’s medical care, to transfer the bodies and to investigate the cause of death, Roshdy said.

Roshdy stressed that the ministry has issued multiple statement in past months warning against violating the waters of neighboring countries and fishing illegally.

Tunisian coast guard kills two Egyptian fishermen | Egypt Independent

Death the end of each violation of our national integrity
TUNISIAN NAVY ROCKS

What's wrong? The news is true.
What kind of "people" celebrate the killing of 2 fishermen ? It was probably an accident, but i find "little" inhumane to say that your Navy rocks because it killed 2 fishermen.

Taking pride after killing unarmed fishermen? Idiot or what?
Thank You!

Moataz. I am sorry but I find your celebratory remarks regarding the deaths of these poor fishermen extremely disturbing.

I think you would do us all a favor and Egyptian members in particular if you apologize for your behavior. Thank you.

guys easy on him,,, Mosa you cant force anyone for apology. Mootaz my boy those fishermen are innocent people who might step their by mistake. Im sure they have been warned to back off, they should have been arrested instead of getting killed.

Death the end of each violation of our national integrity
TUNISIAN NAVY ROCKS

By shooting innocent fisher men. I would like to see such "courageous" navies take the lead in protecting their citizens against fatal aggression like attack on Mavimarma flotilla - where Turkey made a lot of noise but did not retaliate.

Operation Wooden Leg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Wooden Leg (Hebrew: מבצע רגל עץ‎, Mivtza Regel Etz) was an attack by Israel on the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) headquarters in Hammam al-Shatt, Tunisia, 12 miles from the capital of Tunis. It took place on October 1, 1985. Taking place 1,280 miles (2060 km) away, this was the furthest operation from Israel undertaken by the Israel Defense Forces since the 1976 Entebbe Operation in Uganda. For this reason, Tunisian sources believed that attack must have been known by the United States, if not actually involving US collaboration.[1]

By shooting innocent fisher men. I would like to see such "courageous" navies take the lead in protecting their citizens against fatal aggression like attack on Mavimarma flotilla - where Turkey made a lot of noise but did not retaliate.

Operation Wooden Leg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Wooden Leg (Hebrew: מבצע רגל עץ‎, Mivtza Regel Etz) was an attack by Israel on the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) headquarters in Hammam al-Shatt, Tunisia, 12 miles from the capital of Tunis. It took place on October 1, 1985. Taking place 1,280 miles (2060 km) away, this was the furthest operation from Israel undertaken by the Israel Defense Forces since the 1976 Entebbe Operation in Uganda. For this reason, Tunisian sources believed that attack must have been known by the United States, if not actually involving US collaboration.[1]

The Tunisian NAvy should look towards Producing some boats like these with Turkish help at home that can help them a lot and modifying and upgrading the current ones at home as well.
savunmavestrateji_mrtp-33_ve_mrtp-15.jpg

savunmavestrateji_mrtp-33_ve_mrtp-15_____________3.jpg

YONCA-ONUK JV » ONUK MRTP 22 FAST ATTACK CRAFT
resim-5.jpg

YONCA-ONUK JV » ONUK MRTP 33 FAST PATROL / ATTACK CRAFT
resim-7.jpg

Was it known they were Egyptian Fishermen...or were the Tunisians unsure who it was?

doesn't really matter if they were Egyptian or other nationality. Tunis should not fire on a fishing boat. its a finishing boat bro so they could easily arrested them....

even indian pakistani rivals didn't shot fisherman of each other at this time some 1200 fishermen in pakistani jails and some 300 in indian jails .

I'm sure if that happened in Syria, the whole world explode and military intervention would be on its way now. :disagree:

R.I.P fishermen

Edit: for example Like the Turkish jet that was in the Syrian Air Space, and Turkey said it was international waters, then after the American and the Russian report of the jet path, Turkey wouldn't open its mouth..

Back
Top Bottom