What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

@Shabaz Sharif where you from in kharian my friend. i might even know you lol.
i got dozens of family members living all over spain.

I'm not pointing fingers.
both of my flags are displayed. I'm not hiding nothing like you are.
if your an afghan change one of your flags to afghanistan. i have my american and pakistani flag.
present your self as who you really are don't play games with us on this forum. don't pretend to be a pakistani. and if you are a pakistani then act like one and discard the afghans and stop supporting them.
Bakwas bund kar kaway

It's their/our tradition. Some people have started widow remarriage, but I know a person who killed his widowed sister for contemplating remarriage.

It's just a custom.

We speak this mirpuri dialect. We're separated from Mirpur by just Jhelum river. In western Jhelum(salt range) Chakwali is spoken rather than mirpuri/pindiwali dialect of Potohari. It reminds me of Hindko more so than anything. I think it's called "dhani". But Chakwalis call themselves Potohari. And Khushab language is a Seraiki variant isn't it?

Are you Punjabi?

I hate this term "Saraiki", it is given out of proportion importance and any language that differs slightly from Standard lahori punjabi (majhi in indian terminology) is automatically labelled as "Saraiki". These dialects are quite distinct and have their own range for example Shahpuri/Sargodhwi/khushab dialect , Jhang/chiniot/Hafizabad dialect, mianwali/Bhakkar dialect. They are distinct dialects that share more with one another than so-called "Saraiki" language of southern punjab.

Hazarewal of non-Pashtun origin definitely have a problem with Pashtuns and ANP. I have heard loy afghanistan people claiming everything up till Margalla Hills as Afghanistan, not realizing that the Margalla hills region and khanpur are almost exclusively dominated by Pahari and Potohari people. The "Rajas" of Khanpur are the chieftains of Gakhars. Sultan Erij Zaman Khan is the present chief of all Gakhars. He has his own mansion in Rawalpindi where he has pet lions.

Also, AJK and Potohar are basically one "nation" yet the AJK people are brainwashed into believing that they are "kashmiri". AJK's earlier name was Chibbal and the Pahari language was known as chibbali after the Chib Rajputs.

Some people might not agree with me but the only caste that can be classified as Kshatriya in today's Punjab are the rajputs. They do everything that kshatriya's are supposed to do i'e no farming, no widow remarriage and military service.
well my family is gujjar and our ancestors were kshatriyas
i don't see rajputs doing anything special that gujjars or jatts don't.
in fact i think percentage wise there are probably more gujjars in the army then rajputs.
more then half of my uncles were in the army. my grand father on mom and dads side both were in the british indian army along with their siblings.

Bakwas bund kar kaway
my friend you acting like a tough guy around the wrong people.
this thread is full of punjabis. i know you consider pathans superior then us punjabis and we will put you in your place.
you must not have met gujjars in person other wise you would watch your mouth before you talk to us lol.

Not possible, though my best friend is gujjar here :o maybe you know him hahaha

:laugh:

Haha lol
yara i bet you that we can find some connection through somebody lol.
what city you live in spain?

An indian educated Brahmin guy on genetics forums has revealed that current Rajput clans of Rajashtan are NOT historical kshatriya clans of northern south asia which according to him were either eliminated during Saka, Kushan and Hephtalite invasions or turned into traders as Khatris.
He is of the opinion based on his extensive references that current Rajputs are actually a mixture of Southern indian Rasthrakuta clans that filled the vaccum in the north and mixed with ruling Gujjar-pratihara dynasty. His claim is justified on the genetic results of Rajput clans of Rajasthan and UP who are much more south indian genetically than the Brahmin populations in the same state.

Interesting, that explain their genetics. Looks like sheikh were original warrior caste of punjab ahaha how times change.

yara i bet you that we can find some connection through somebody lol.
what city you live in spain?

Sevilla for now.

The funny thing is that ethnic Kashmiris don't accept them as their own. I guess they don't want to call themselves Punjabi, as "Punjabis" are given all the wrong stereotypes by popular culture and media.

I don't know which ethnic group have better stereotype then punjabi in South Asia hahah lol Its not about accepting, but you can't go up and tell other group to accept you while speaking completly different language and culture. Just another exemple punjabi self hating. And its not even like they have dardic ancestry. While punjabis of dardic origin are hard core punjabis.

Both are easier to understand but potohari seem little closer to majhi just the way chacha was speaking. Anyway mirpuris in UK are majority jats, Mangla dam droned lots of jat villages. I heard they used to be quite poor before moving to UK unlike others biraderis in area? Because of less fertile land i guess. Still have no idea why they claim to be Kashmiris.

Mirpuris are not the only ones who claim "kashmiri" identity, all other pothohari/hindko people of remaining AJK also claim the same kashmiri identity, I dont know why only poor mirpuri souls are blamed for this hypocracy :sarcastic:

I'm not pointing fingers.
both of my flags are displayed. I'm not hiding nothing like you are.
if your an afghan change one of your flags to afghanistan. i have my american and pakistani flag.
present your self as who you really are don't play games with us on this forum. don't pretend to be a pakistani. and if you are a pakistani then act like one and discard the afghans and stop supporting them.

If he is indeed a pakistani , then he has some psychological fettish about crap "afghan" identity ;)

I hate this term "Saraiki", it is given out of proportion importance and any language that differs slightly from Standard lahori punjabi (majhi in indian terminology) is automatically labelled as "Saraiki". These dialects are quite distinct and have their own range for example Shahpuri/Sargodhwi/khushab dialect , Jhang/chiniot/Hafizabad dialect, mianwali/Bhakkar dialect. They are distinct dialects that share more with one another than so-called "Saraiki" language of southern punjab.

I find Lahori to be quite different to the Gujrat and Gujranwala dialect. Perhaps it's just the accent though. I find Lahori/Sialkoti accent a bit feminine but humorous. And you're right about Seraiki. It's a highly political term. Most "seraikis" have nothing in common with multani makhdooms, gillanis and khakwanis.

I don't know which ethnic group have better stereotype then punjabi in South Asia hahah lol Its not about accepting, but you can't go up and tell other group to accept you while speaking completly different language and culture. Just another exemple punjabi self hating. And its not even like they have dardic ancestry. While punjabis of dardic origin are hard core punjabis.

In India, they get a good stereotype but in Pakistan Punjabis are given all the negative stereotypes and stuff. People from other provinces, who have never even set a foot in Punjab believe Punjabis to be weak and cowardly people. Like if these same stereotyping people ever got involved in a street fight in, lets say, Gujrat, then good luck to them :D

I find Lahori to be quite different to the Gujrat and Gujranwala dialect. Perhaps it's just the accent though. I find Lahori/Sialkoti accent a bit feminine but humorous. And you're right about Seraiki. It's a highly political term. Most "seraikis" have nothing in common with multani makhdooms, gillanis and khakwanis.

In India, they get a good stereotype but in Pakistan Punjabis are given all the negative stereotypes and stuff. People from other provinces, who have never even set a foot in Punjab believe Punjabis to be weak and cowardly people. Like if these same stereotyping people ever got involved in a street fight in, lets say, Gujrat, then good luck to them :D

Being from Gujranwala yes I can confirm that we in Gujranwala, wazirabad, Daska have a particualr hard accent than neighboring Sialkotis and Lahoris who are soft spoken. The reason is that we border Jhang/Hafizabad on the western side of our areas which influences our accent making it somewhat hard. Also we use some of the words that are not used in Lahore for example we often use word "Asan" and "Tusan" instead of "Asi" or "Tussi" in some cases to show extra respect to the addressee which is not the case in lahori punjabi. Another feature that I can think of is that we never make use of the word "Haiga" which is the hallmark of lahori punjabi, other than that we speak just the same dialect but different accents which is hard in case of Gujranwala and soft in case of Lahore.

Last edited:
An indian educated Brahmin guy on genetics forums has revealed that current Rajput clans of Rajashtan are NOT historical kshatriya clans of northern south asia which according to him were either eliminated during Saka, Kushan and Hephtalite invasions or turned into traders as Khatris.
He is of the opinion based on his extensive references that current Rajputs are actually a mixture of Southern indian Rasthrakuta clans that filled the vaccum in the north and mixed with ruling Gujjar-pratihara dynasty. His claim is justified on the genetic results of Rajput clans of Rajasthan and UP who are much more south indian genetically than the Brahmin populations in the same state.

BS.

Hey guys, look I found something interesting.

The kammis in Punjab who use the surname "Mughal" also attach kami next to their surname

check this

Kami Mughal | Facebook

So they are not fakes. Their use of the surname "Mughal" is just like "khan" used by Rajputs and "chaudhary"used by Arains and jatts

These Kami Mughals do not look like the Mughal families of Punjab [ Barlas, Kassar, Chughtai, Beg, Qzalbash, Mirza ]

mirza ghulam qadyani, was he a kami Mughal?

@Shabaz Sharif

@haj9211

Mirpuris are not the only ones who claim "kashmiri" identity, all other pothohari/hindko people of remaining AJK also claim the same kashmiri identity, I dont know why only poor mirpuri souls are blamed for this hypocracy :sarcastic:

Ok in that case these guys are lost case. Believe me or not, my mother knows hindko pathans malik. Before i didnt knew anything about these biraderis. They claimed to be hindko pathan malik, now this sound rediculous i know.... And they even married their daughter to some Malik in Multan i guess.

Average joe on street live in KPK and claim to be pathan simple as that. Not many cares about details like us lol

Guys,
Most mirpuris consider themselves potoharis/paharis . The only reason they had to tell otherwise is because Pakistan government sent them as 'kashmiris' . It even says it on their passports as per my knowledge. Moreover, that area has been part of kashmir politically speaking for 150 years or even longer. So that created confusion. Otherwise most that I know are well aware of who they are.
Another important thing is that there ARE ethnic koshur-speaking kashmiris in AJK who later went to England. These koshur speakers historically moved for financial reasons to the area. So there ARE kashmiris in that area if you only consider the koshur speakers as that.

@Shabaz Sharif @haj9211

BS.

Hey guys, look I found something interesting.

The kammis in Punjab who use the surname "Mughal" also attach kami next to their surname

check this

Kami Mughal | Facebook

So they are not fakes. Their use of the surname "Mughal" is just like "khan" used by Rajputs and "chaudhary"used by Arains and jatts

These Kami Mughals do not look like the Mughal families of Punjab [ Barlas, Kassar, Chughtai, Beg, Qzalbash, Mirza ]

mirza ghulam qadyani, was he a kami Mughal?

@Shabaz Sharif

@haj9211

You are more stupid than I could have ever imagined :rofl:, "kami mughal" is the name of the guy on that facebook account, usually people whose name is "Kamran" have nick name "Kami" in punjab ;)

Back
Top Bottom