What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

No, except for the camera guy who's speaking Potohari, they're all speaking the Chakwal dialect. This dialect is also called "dhani" I believe and british linguists thought it to be closer to Hindko than Potohari.

And to be honest Hindko is easier to understand if you're a majhi speaker than Potohari.
Hindko:

Potohari:

Both are easier to understand but potohari seem little closer to majhi just the way chacha was speaking. Anyway mirpuris in UK are majority jats, Mangla dam droned lots of jat villages. I heard they used to be quite poor before moving to UK unlike others biraderis in area? Because of less fertile land i guess. Still have no idea why they claim to be Kashmiris.

just me or the guy around 4 min speak with little different dialect then others? Anyway i am not a expert on punjabi dialects but i think hindko is little different? Because that video is pretty normal punjabi with potohari/pahari flavor. While i though hindko would be more difficult to understand for central punjabis? Any exemple of people speaking hindko?

It is very hard for central punjabis to understand spoken hindko of Hazara properly because they speak too fast compared to us. But in written form you can understand 80 % of the hindko language because it is part of the same punjabi language continuum.

Are you gujjar or pakistani?

Why "Afghan" is so much important for you, You are a Lohani Marwat only that should be important for you. What is special about "aghan" shafghan even a toilet cleaner in Kandahar is also afghan, so what is big deal about being so-called "Afghan" which is more of a general term and will include all kinds of people among pashtun areas of afghanistan.

Both are easier to understand but potohari seem little closer to majhi just the way chacha was speaking. Anyway mirpuris in UK are majority jats, Mangla dam droned lots of jat villages. I heard they used to be quite poor before moving to UK unlike others biraderis in area? Because of less fertile land i guess. Still have no idea why they claim to be Kashmiris.
Maybe because mirpur was a part of kashmir riyasat?

Why "Afghan" is so much important for you, You are a Lohani Marwat only that should be important for you. What is special about "aghan" shafghan even a toilet cleaner in Kandahar is also afghan, so what is big deal about being so-called "Afghan" which is more of a general term and will include all kinds of people among pashtun areas of afghanistan.
Why being kashmiri is important to you?

no widow remarriage? then why are they Muslim?
It's their/our tradition. Some people have started widow remarriage, but I know a person who killed his widowed sister for contemplating remarriage.

It's just a custom.
I think chakwali is NOT pothohari in true sense, the chakwal dialect seems more similar to sargodha/khushab dialect. The anchor was speaking with pothohari "melody" (tone) whereas the tone of Chakwali steetmen was that of Shahpuri (Sargodha/khushab).

We speak this mirpuri dialect. We're separated from Mirpur by just Jhelum river. In western Jhelum(salt range) Chakwali is spoken rather than mirpuri/pindiwali dialect of Potohari. It reminds me of Hindko more so than anything. I think it's called "dhani". But Chakwalis call themselves Potohari. And Khushab language is a Seraiki variant isn't it?

Maybe because mirpur was a part of kashmir riyasat?

Are you Punjabi?

my grave will be in pakistan as well don't worry about that my friend.
my I'm a pakistani- american, i am proud of both of my countries. i wouldn't discard either of em.
You love America and refuse to discard American nationality yet you are pointing fingers at others. This called being double face munafiq

An indian educated Brahmin guy on genetics forums has revealed that current Rajput clans of Rajashtan are NOT historical kshatriya clans of northern south asia which according to him were either eliminated during Saka, Kushan and Hephtalite invasions or turned into traders as Khatris.
He is of the opinion based on his extensive references that current Rajputs are actually a mixture of Southern indian Rasthrakuta clans that filled the vaccum in the north and mixed with ruling Gujjar-pratihara dynasty. His claim is justified on the genetic results of Rajput clans of Rajasthan and UP who are much more south indian genetically than the Brahmin populations in the same state.

I think many just claim to be Kashmiris instead punjabi/potohari heritage.

The funny thing is that ethnic Kashmiris don't accept them as their own. I guess they don't want to call themselves Punjabi, as "Punjabis" are given all the wrong stereotypes by popular culture and media.

It's their/our tradition. Some people have started widow remarriage, but I know a person who killed his widowed sister for contemplating remarriage.

It's just a custom.

We speak this mirpuri dialect. We're separated from Mirpur by just Jhelum river. In western Jhelum(salt range) Chakwali is spoken rather than mirpuri/pindiwali dialect of Potohari. It reminds me of Hindko more so than anything. I think it's called "dhani". But Chakwalis call themselves Potohari. And Khushab language is a Seraiki variant isn't it?

Are you Punjabi?
yes man. Actually my mothers side of the family speaks gojri which is quite similar to potohari

You love America and refuse to discard American nationality yet you are pointing fingers at others. This called being double face munafiq
I'm not pointing fingers.
both of my flags are displayed. I'm not hiding nothing like you are.
if your an afghan change one of your flags to afghanistan. i have my american and pakistani flag.
present your self as who you really are don't play games with us on this forum. don't pretend to be a pakistani. and if you are a pakistani then act like one and discard the afghans and stop supporting them.

Some people might not agree with me but the only caste that can be classified as Kshatriya in today's Punjab are the rajputs. They do everything that kshatriya's are supposed to do i'e no farming, no widow remarriage and military service.

One have to be allrounder in todays world. Anyway that no window remarrriage custom is interesting, never heard of it before.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom