What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

:laugh:
sounds like it. but i guess it isn't.
whats your thoughts on the new operation?
weren't you trying to change your name to afghan prince?

Look gujjar what i found, punjabi poet Mian Muhammad Baksh was gujjar also

Okay guys I've found something very interesting. The Autosomal DNA results from 22 Pathans and their average components

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...owN3M3UWRyNnc&hl=en_US&authkey=COCa89AJ&pli=1

East European, Mediterranian, West European and West Asian are Caucasoid admixture

South Asian is "Indian" like admixture

Northeast Asian and Southeast Asian are Mongoloid admixture

Check out Harappadna.org. Many more samples from Afghan pashtuns also and Pakistani pashtuns also from different parts of country.

22 is a very small sample. The samples of pashtuns should be taken of each tribe and evaluated separately. I am clueless about these genetical studies but i read some where that turi tribe had high south asian component, it make sense as they are noticeably of darker complexion than neighbouring times and they were serfs of bangash tribe in the begining. Peshaweri pathans are heavily mixed with hindkowans. A pashtun tribe mashwani claim to syeds. There are tribes which are mixed with balochs.

22 is not a small number, but HGDP samples were only taken from Kurram Agency.

You mean sudhans?.
I also have doubts about them but as we know that durranis have ruled kashmir for 67 years, so there is possibility that they have some links with sadozais. But then again, those pashtuns who settled in kashmir, during durrani rule, are still speaking pashto in occupied indian kashmir.
Pathans in Kashmir Preserve Identity - India Real Time - WSJ

Yes you are right there are many pashtuns living in kashmir valley on indian side who still retain their pashto language, proof of this video

Can you shed more light on Jhelum claiming Kharian? I am from Kharian tehsil and never heard of this, also people here are not potoharis. I am pretty sure Jhelum is also devided between majhi dialect and potohari.

Awans, Abbasis, Rajputs are found all over punjab. Looks like Ghakhars mostly live in Potohar?

District-dialect-map-in-Punjab_Province-of-Pakistan.png

Abbasis of Murree and Hazara are not related to the Abbasis of Bahawalpur. They are called "dhund" and said to be Hindu converts rather than arabs. And I heard that Pervez Elahi made Sarai Alamgir a part of gujrat, and before that, it was a part of Jhelum. I might be wrong though. And does all Kharian speak in majhi? Because Kharian is raja/chib dominated area. They are mostly Pahari/mirpuri people.

And this map is wrong. In Jhelum, Majhi is only spoken in Jhelum city because of migrants and traders. That's about it. Even in the suburbs of Jhelum city, standard mirpur and Pindi Potohari is spoken. In Dina and Sohawa, it becomes pure Pindi Potohari. In the hilly regions of district jhelum, their dialect is actually closer to Hindko than to standard Potohari. And majhi is almost non-existent in Chakwal, Attock and Rawalpindi.

:laugh:

Look gujjar what i found, punjabi poet Mian Muhammad Baksh was gujjar also

Yes he was a gujjar. Potohari/Pahari/Hindko poetry is based solely on his works. The words "don't be happy at the death of your enemy, as your friends will one day die too" were spoken by Mian Muhammad Baksh.

Hazarewal of non-Pashtun origin definitely have a problem with Pashtuns and ANP. I have heard loy afghanistan people claiming everything up till Margalla Hills as Afghanistan, not realizing that the Margalla hills region and khanpur are almost exclusively dominated by Pahari and Potohari people. The "Rajas" of Khanpur are the chieftains of Gakhars. Sultan Erij Zaman Khan is the present chief of all Gakhars. He has his own mansion in Rawalpindi where he has pet lions.

Also, AJK and Potohar are basically one "nation" yet the AJK people are brainwashed into believing that they are "kashmiri". AJK's earlier name was Chibbal and the Pahari language was known as chibbali after the Chib Rajputs.

Some people might not agree with me but the only caste that can be classified as Kshatriya in today's Punjab are the rajputs. They do everything that kshatriya's are supposed to do i'e no farming, no widow remarriage and military service.

Yes you are right that most of the AJK people are same as pothoharis and hazarawal in terms of language and culture, but who knows how many times people have changed their languages during the course of the history, I have studied ancient kashmir history where Poonch and Rajauri always played a very important role for the kingdom centred in Srinagar.
On the other note , I found this strange video from Kishtwar area which is outside of Kashmir valley on eastern side where many of the rajputs clans of pothohar reside, surprisingly most of them speak the kashmiri kashur language of kashmir valley which is quite surprising for me,
This Khokhar singer of kishtwar is a famous kashur/kashmiri language singer
It looks to me Dardic languages were once a lot more widespread than their current concentration in northern pakistan and indian kashmir valley.

Khatris are said to be the original Kshatriyas of India. But over time they abandoned their martial heritage and adopted the ways of the Baniyas by becoming shop keepers and merchants. But sometimes when Khatris join the profession of the soldier their warrior roots begin to resurface.

That is also confirmed by genetic results on Harappadna where Khatris have only 29% south indian component, whereas their Baniya counterparts in india (Gupta, agarwals, marwaris) have 55 % south indian component. So punjabi Khatris claim that they were originally Kshatriya before adopting merchant/traders occupation is indeed justified on genetic basis.

Last edited:
Yes you are right that most of the AJK people are same as pothoharis and hazarawal in terms of language and culture, but who knows how many times people have changed their languages during the course of the history, I have studied ancient kashmir history where Poonch and Rajauri always played a very important role for the kingdom centred in Srinagar.
On the other note , I found this strate video from Kishtwar area which is outside of Kashmir valley on eastern side where many of the rajputs clans of pothohar reside, surprisingly most of them speak the kashmiri kashur language of kashmir valley which is quite surprising for me,
This Khokhar singer of kishtwar is a famous kashur/kashmiri language singer
It looks to me Dardic languages were once a lot more widespread than their current concentration in northern pakistan and indian kashmir valley.

I didn't know Potohari/Paharis lived on the eastern side of Kashmir. I thought east of Kashmir was all Jammu/Ladakh. Interesting. And Kohistanis of Swat area are also dardics, but culturally very similar to Pashtuns. The Kohistan video scandal, where 3 girls were killed for appearing in a video where they were clapping, involved the dardic Kohistanis.

Btw this is the common dialect of Chakwal. To me, it sounds more like Hindko than standard Potohari/Pahari. What do you guys think?

Abbasis of Murree and Hazara are not related to the Abbasis of Bahawalpur. They are called "dhund" and said to be Hindu converts rather than arabs. And I heard that Pervez Elahi made Sarai Alamgir a part of gujrat, and before that, it was a part of Jhelum. I might be wrong though. And does all Kharian speak in majhi? Because Kharian is raja/chib dominated area. They are mostly Pahari/mirpuri people.

And this map is wrong. In Jhelum, Majhi is only spoken in Jhelum city because of migrants and traders. That's about it. Even in the suburbs of Jhelum city, standard mirpur and Pindi Potohari is spoken. In Dina and Sohawa, it becomes pure Pindi Potohari. In the hilly regions of district jhelum, their dialect is actually closer to Hindko than to standard Potohari. And majhi is almost non-existent in Chakwal, Attock and Rawalpindi.

Maybe % are wrong but otherwise map is correct. Also Kharian tehsil is dominated by jats and gujjar land owners. I am pretty sure of that. Sarai Alamgir is also in Gujrat district. Kharian tehsil is majhi only speaking area.

22 is a very small sample. The samples of pashtuns should be taken of each tribe and evaluated separately. I am clueless about these genetical studies but i read some where that turi tribe had high south asian component, it make sense as they are noticeably of darker complexion than neighbouring times and they were serfs of bangash tribe in the begining. Peshaweri pathans are heavily mixed with hindkowans. A pashtun tribe mashwani claim to syeds. There are tribes which are mixed with balochs.

Not really. You will find hardly any samples above 50 individuals in population genetics. 5 samples would be too small but 22 are a good number. If you would take 50 samples you'd get similar results. I'm sure about this. Oh and there isn't any genetical difference between the Pashtun tribes. A Ghilzai Individual for example could be closer to a Durrani individual than to another Ghilzai individual

As you know i live in abbotabad, tanolis identify themeselves as pathans and claim that they have migrated from Afghanistan, they are percieved as such in hazara. May be the scholar ones among them write in their books that they are barlas.

Abbottabad is 80% Ahlesunnat

Names are not important , their historical position in the society is the most important factor to determine their true origins.

pathetic Punjabi casteism or should I say racism under the cover of "social status" . typical hindu casteism. This is not Islam.

family name and family background history is how we determine fake from real

I didn't know Potohari/Paharis lived on the eastern side of Kashmir. I thought east of Kashmir was all Jammu/Ladakh. Interesting. And Kohistanis of Swat area are also dardics, but culturally very similar to Pashtuns. The Kohistan video scandal, where 3 girls were killed for appearing in a video where they were clapping, involved the dardic Kohistanis.

Btw this is the common dialect of Chakwal. To me, it sounds more like Hindko than standard Potohari/Pahari. What do you guys think?

just me or the guy around 4 min speak with little different dialect then others? Anyway i am not a expert on punjabi dialects but i think hindko is little different? Because that video is pretty normal punjabi with potohari/pahari flavor. While i though hindko would be more difficult to understand for central punjabis? Any exemple of people speaking hindko?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom