What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

Alam Lohaar Jugni
Listen and enjoy

]

Why are you posting Alam Lohar videos? Look at his surname, proud lohar. East punjabis are proud tarkhan, lohar etc yes they some times don't have nice words for jats. But i never claimed that jats were noble people did i?

Actually jatts come under OBC (other backward classes), they are placed slightly above shudras but way below vaishyas. Jatts are mostly cow and buffalo herders and farmers, known for their low intellect. They are fighting these days to get reservation in Indian Parliament
The OBC stunt doesn't mean anything. Getting OBC status is a way getting ahead because the government of India has insured OBC have the advantage in the job market and getting into good universities. When Rajasthani Jats got OBC and their children began getting good jobs, this resulted in Gujjars also demanding the same. Jats of Haryana and Punjab also want OBC because today that is the only way to get a good job in India. And this is not because Jats are disadvantaged. Jats practically rule Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan and western UP but still they want OBC status because land holding are getting smaller and they know their children will start to need jobs in order to maintain their comfortable standard of living

Last edited:
As you know i live in abbotabad, tanolis identify themeselves as pathans and claim that they have migrated from Afghanistan, they are percieved as such in hazara. May be the scholar ones among them write in their books that they are barlas.

There is another tribe Sandhus in AJK of Brahmin origin, some of them also claim pashtun ancestry because of ''Sandozai'' pashtun tribe.

No muslim khatris did not claim "foreign" ancestary, they just adopted surname of "Sheikh" which is merely a title just as "Malik" but has become kind of tribal name for them, they know very well that they are from khatri families.
So a convert from khatri hindu is called shiekh?. There are families in Lakki town, who are addressed as shiekh/shiekhan, they converted to islam some time before partition. They are merchents and run ghala mundi.

As you know i live in abbotabad, tanolis identify themeselves as pathans and claim that they have migrated from Afghanistan, they are percieved as such in hazara. May be the scholar ones among them write in their books that they are barlas.

I have heard a Pashtun from Mansehra calling them "Punjabi". I have also heard a Swati Yusufzai saying that they look like "hindus". And they mistake themselves for Pashtuns due to a namesake Pashtun tribe living in Afghanistan. Their chiefs and educated members know that they're mughal hazarawal. A lot of Pashtuns also deny Jadoons to be of pashtun origin.

How do Hazarewal treat the Pashtuns living in Abbottabad? I heard from an Awan friend that ANP has been sending hundreds of Pashto speakers into Abbottabad in order to change the demographic balance. And I believe southern Abbottabad is purely dominated by Potohari/Pahari Hazarewals like dhunds and Karlals.

So a convert from khatri hindu is called shiekh?. There are families in Lakki town, who are addressed as shiekh/shiekhan, they converted to islam some time before partition. They are merchents and run ghala mundi.

Then they are 100% khatris.

The "Chinioti sheikhs" are also khatris. They're the leading industrialists of Pakistan and highly progressive. It's because of them that Faisalabad(their homecity) is the most industrialized city of Pakistan.

There is another tribe Sandhus in AJK of Brahmin origin, some of them also claim pashtun ancestry because of ''Sandozai'' pashtun tribe.
You mean sudhans?.
I also have doubts about them but as we know that durranis have ruled kashmir for 67 years, so there is possibility that they have some links with sadozais. But then again, those pashtuns who settled in kashmir, during durrani rule, are still speaking pashto in occupied indian kashmir.
Pathans in Kashmir Preserve Identity - India Real Time - WSJ

Khatris are said to be the original Kshatriyas of India. But over time they abandoned their martial heritage and adopted the ways of the Baniyas by becoming shop keepers and merchants. But sometimes when Khatris join the profession of the soldier their warrior roots begin to resurface.

I have heard a Pashtun from Mansehra calling them "Punjabi". I have also heard a Swati Yusufzai saying that they look like "hindus". And they mistake themselves for Pashtuns due to a namesake Pashtun tribe living in Afghanistan. Their chiefs and educated members know that they're mughal hazarawal. A lot of Pashtuns also deny Jadoons to be of pashtun origin.

How do Hazarewal treat the Pashtuns living in Abbottabad? I heard from an Awan friend that ANP has been sending hundreds of Pashto speakers into Abbottabad in order to change the demographic balance. And I believe southern Abbottabad is purely dominated by Potohari/Pahari Hazarewals like dhunds and Karlals.
Pashto speakers have habit of calling hindko speaker punjabay even if he claims to be a pathan . The pashto speakers of manshera, of ogi tehsil and pashto speakers of srikot, haripur, have different 'mizaj' , culture and values than hindko speaking pathans of hazara. Basically divisions in hazara are linguistic , not racial. There are no ethnic/linguistic tensions but one can feel that backward pashtuns of batagram , torghar and backward kohistanis are not really part of hazara.

Khatris are said to be the original Kshatriyas of India. But over time they abandoned their martial heritage and adopted the ways of the Baniyas by becoming shop keepers and merchants. But sometimes when Khatris join the profession of the soldier their warrior roots begin to resurface.

Khatris are pretty much just punjabis i think.

What are other kshatria castes?

Pashto speakers have habit of calling hindko speaker punjabay even if he claims to be a pathan . The pashto speakers of manshera, of ogi tehsil and pashto speakers of srikot, haripur, have different 'mizaj' , culture and values than hindko speaking pathans of hazara. Basically divisions in hazara are linguistic , not racial. There are no ethnic/linguistic tensions but one can feel that backward pashtuns of batagram , torghar and backward kohistanis are not really part of hazara.

Hazarewal of non-Pashtun origin definitely have a problem with Pashtuns and ANP. I have heard loy afghanistan people claiming everything up till Margalla Hills as Afghanistan, not realizing that the Margalla hills region and khanpur are almost exclusively dominated by Pahari and Potohari people. The "Rajas" of Khanpur are the chieftains of Gakhars. Sultan Erij Zaman Khan is the present chief of all Gakhars. He has his own mansion in Rawalpindi where he has pet lions.

Also, AJK and Potohar are basically one "nation" yet the AJK people are brainwashed into believing that they are "kashmiri". AJK's earlier name was Chibbal and the Pahari language was known as chibbali after the Chib Rajputs.

What are other kshatria castes?

Some people might not agree with me but the only caste that can be classified as Kshatriya in today's Punjab are the rajputs. They do everything that kshatriya's are supposed to do i'e no farming, no widow remarriage and military service.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom