What's new

Keel laying of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
reverse engineering is quite hard when compared to true R&D Shchinese

I have been asking this again and again - for our modern weapon systems like WS-2D/Type99A2/PLZ05/etc., where they got all those technologies copied from?

when the total number of patents we filed last year is almost 10 times more than what you have, how you could such shamefully argue you are doing R&D while we are copying?

Global Economic Slowdown Impacts 2008 International Patent Filings

Have a read on the above UN published article. UN won't lie, UN won't troll. You can't just ignore all these respectful 3rd party stats and keep cheating people online.

btw: your entire political system/legal system is not reverse engineered from UK, it is copied from UK. this is called copycat. the current Chinese system, both potlically and economically, are all unique. someone argue it is a mix of the capitalism + communist style central planning, hey I actually agree, but anyway it is unique, not prefect, not even good, but just unique. at least that is the contribution to the human civilization - we are using our own resources to explore the possibilities, not just copy the system which UK first come up with.

Last edited:
no troll, this is for serious discussion.

tell me how you are going to make the engine/radar/sonar/missiles.

how about just finish the arjun/LCA project.

of course you can always start more and more projects and keep them running for decades each.

because you just need to import the engines/radars/sonars/missiles/control systems/carrier fighters from russia.

:rofl:

If it turns out to be a sucess.. it will be an Indian sucess..

If it fails.. it will be an Indian failure..

whats your problem ?

he is right,

it's really sad that your emptying your biased thoughts on India and while i respect your nationalism towards your country, i do not appreciate hurting others nationalism by trying to mock another country's capability, remember, its not about toys its serious so better act responsibly as you would when you talk face to face.

:disagree:

he is right,

it's really sad that your emptying your biased thoughts on India and while i respect your nationalism towards your country, i do not appreciate hurting others nationalism by trying to mock another country's capability, remember, its not about toys its serious so better act responsibly as you would when you talk face to face.

:disagree:

indeed.

when China filed almost 7000 patents compared to india's 700 patents, and such stats is now clearly reported by the United Nations's WIPO, how could some india members shamefully argue that india does real R&D while China is doing some copycat stuff? nationalism is making too many indian members blind.

we dont carry such crap and thus we can openly admit the failure of our projects, like J-9/Y-10/Y-9 (almost failed), have you ever seen any indian member openly admit the failure of the 30 years long LCA/Arjun. NO. why? nationalism - everyone made in india must be great, because it is indian.

:yahoo::yahoo:

DEAR FRIENDS, I HAVE READ IN TODAY'S DAWN FRIDAY 27TH FEB 2009 THAT INDIA HAS BEGUN BUILDING ITS OWN AIRCRAFT CARRIER. THAT WILL BE A 40000 TONNE AND EQUIPPED WITH LATEST SAMs, RADARS AND AIRCRAFTS FROM RUSSIA, FRANCE OR ISRAEL. ALSO THIS 137 SHIP NAVY IS IN EXPANSION MODE AND HAS NEW WARSHIPS FROM US AND SUBMARINES FROM FRANCE.

DO OUR NAVY READY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION AND WHAT ARE OUR PLANS TO BALANCE THE NAVAL POWER OF INDIA.:pakistan:

indeed.

when China filed almost 7000 patents compared to india's 700 patents, and such stats is now clearly reported by the United Nations's WIPO, how could some india members shamefully argue that india does real R&D while China is doing some copycat stuff? nationalism is making too many indian members blind.

we dont carry such crap and thus we can openly admit the failure of our projects, like J-9/Y-10/Y-9 (almost failed), have you ever seen any indian member openly admit the failure of the 30 years long LCA/Arjun. NO. why? nationalism - everyone made in india must be great, because it is indian.

:yahoo::yahoo:

Without taking any dig at other countries, can the members present fact and logical discussion.

Its true that we are taking long with most of our indigenous defence projects. But we must keep this in mind that we are starting from scratch as far as tchnology and knowhow goes unlike others who had a headstart by atleast 50 years. Also its not a competition, its about self reliance and I am sure after the intial teething problems, once we start making the first perfect batch, success will flow. Just like our space capabilities.

As far as Arjun/ LCA goes, here are some interesting reads.

SindhToday 25th Feb: DRDO to make indigenous Arjun tank hi-tech

124 MBTs for Army by year end

Army falls for Arjun, induction by month-end
Ajay Banerjee
Tribune News Service

New Delhi, February 6
In what may be considered as a fillip for the country’s indigenous production of defence equipment, the first-ever fleet of Indian-made Arjun battle tanks would be inducted into the Army by February end.

A total 45 tanks would form this armoured regiment and the first order of tanks is expected to arrive within next three weeks. In the first phase, 18-20 tanks would be handed over to the Indian Army by the heavy vehicle factory, Avadi, Tamil Nadu. Already, about 85 tanks are in various stages of production.

Notably, the induction is coming almost 36 years after India announced its programme to build own tanks, and the process was laced with glitches and delays.

The tanks would be available at the Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACCS), Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, where training of personnel would be carried out. It would take a few months more before the Arjun is actually deployed in one of the armoured corps on field duties. It is likely that the deployment could be the Indo-Pak border where a majority of the 59 tank regiments of the Army are deployed.

The induction is coming despite stiff opposition from within the armed forces, which tested the tank to the hilt and agreed only after various parameters were met. Defence Minister AK Antony stood his ground and made it clear that the 58-tonne Arjun would be inducted, as it was working fine.

Well-placed sources in the government said the tanks earlier had to be handed over by January end, but the deadline was extended by a month. Sources in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) confirmed that the tanks were ready for shipment and handing-over to the Army.

Rather, the move implies that the induction would be carried out without waiting for the much-awaited comparative trials of the indigenous Arjun tanks with Russian-made T-90s, as had been desired by the DRDO.

HAL to deliver 350 combat jets, choppers by 2012

India unveils plans for LCA 'Mark 2'

India to develop medium combat aircraft with stealth features

EADS flying the LCA into Indian market

Ajai Shukla / Yelahanka February 12, 2009, 0:45 IST

At the opening of the Aero India 2009 defence exposition today, Defence Minister AK Antony clearly enjoyed what must have seemed like a wild-west style shootout. One after another, four contenders for India's purchase of 126 medium fighters — the Eurofighter Typhoon, the F/A-18, the F-16 and the MiG-35 — took to the skies in a fiesta of aerobatics clearly aimed at impressing the decision-makers who must decide which aircraft will win the $12 billion contract.

But the performance that evoked Antony's praise was that of the Indian-built Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). Although more cautious than the all-out performances of the established fighters, the Tejas went far beyond anything it had ever displayed before, surprising the spectators with steep climbs, an inverted pass, high-gravity turns and loops.

Addressing the press, Antony remarked, "I was very excited to see the LCA. After many years we could see the LCA doing manoeuvres… I was excited to see the Indian-made LCA in Indian skies."

----

The German and Spanish governments have already permitted EADS to part with the technology needed for the Tejas programme; the US government, in contrast, imposed stringent restrictions on Boeing. Explains a senior EADS official, "If we don't supply technology, India will develop it anyway, perhaps with some delay. So it is better for us to establish our presence here, partner India in the Tejas, and perhaps even market it together

Without taking any dig at other countries, can the members present fact and logical discussion.

Its true that we are taking long with most of our indigenous defence projects. But we must keep this in mind that we are starting from scratch as far as tchnology and knowhow goes unlike others who had a headstart by atleast 50 years. Also its not a competition, its about self reliance and I am sure after the intial teething problems, once we start making the first perfect batch, success will flow. Just like our space capabilities.

so at least we now can agree on each other that self reliance is important for nations with large population. am I right?

now my question is why self reliance means keep a failed project running for decades? LCA/Arjun are not suffering from delay, they all failed.

a few hundreds scientists/engineers/politicans refuse to admit the failed project and now they are asking the army to accept 100+ tanks which they hate, tell me who is going to pay for all these? your average citizens.

are you going to use Arjun to defend the strike in real combat against Type-99A2/MBT2000? I can honestly tell you the reliability/performance are not in the same scale. you can check any 3rd analysis from the west on this topic and you will see how disgraceful it is to have Arjun in service.

btw, I agree that LCA is reasonably ok, it is a light fighter comparable to the ones we developed in the later 70s or early 80s. but Arjun is a junk, look at all performance issues, all those reliability issues, it is just unfair to make your servicemen and women to drive dangerous and useless tanks like Arjun.

If I have to pick which one to drive during the real combat, I would happily pick T-34, not Arjun.

It good to know that billions and billions would be spent on this before its canceled.

Well to be honest Pakistan cannot match the might of Indian Navy at the moment but they can defend Pakistan efficiently that's for sure no matter how bigger Indian Navy is, and moreover it is important to have bigger Navy for india as India is a huge country and it needs bigger navy to guard it's waters.

So in this senierio Pakistan is ok with the current power.

Now my Question is this that Pakistan dont have a Single Aircraft Carrier like indians so Does Pakistan needs a Carrier like this or they have planned for atleast have one in future ? Does any one knows about this ?

If anyone you guys have information about it please share with me.

DEAR FRIENDS, I HAVE READ IN TODAY'S DAWN FRIDAY 27TH FEB 2009 THAT INDIA HAS BEGUN BUILDING ITS OWN AIRCRAFT CARRIER. THAT WILL BE A 40000 TONNE AND EQUIPPED WITH LATEST SAMs, RADARS AND AIRCRAFTS FROM RUSSIA, FRANCE OR ISRAEL. ALSO THIS 137 SHIP NAVY IS IN EXPANSION MODE AND HAS NEW WARSHIPS FROM US AND SUBMARINES FROM FRANCE.

DO OUR NAVY READY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION AND WHAT ARE OUR PLANS TO BALANCE THE NAVAL POWER OF INDIA.:pakistan:

let me tell you something that I have read in our Chinese news source, which is quite interesting:

1. so far India has never build any ship larger than 20000t.
2. so far India relies on foreign engines/missiles/radar/sonar. basically, the only thing they are going to build is just the hull, not the whole ship.

to handle such threat? check FBC-1 with some C-805 missiles. if you look at the costs, you sink the multi billion aircraft carrier with a few multi million c-802/805 missiles, indeed very good deal.

Pakistan has the license to build c-802 on it own, now the only issue is to get FBC-1 and the upgraded c-805 to be built in Pakistan as well.

Reactions: was
Wel already have a Mirage V squadron equipped with Exocet anti ship missiles.

Remember Exocet sank HMS Invincible during Fakland conflict.

Well to be honest Pakistan cannot match the might of Indian Navy at the moment but they can defend Pakistan efficiently that's for sure no matter how bigger Indian Navy is, and moreover it is important to have bigger Navy for india as India is a huge country and it needs bigger navy to guard it's waters.

Pakistan navy may not be able to defend the invasion of indian navy. but what you can be assured is when the Pakistan navy does have to face such challenge, indians would face even tougher challenges at home and I assume you can understand what I mean.

if you just check all military conflict after the WWII, not any single war is carrier out as 1 vs 1.

Now my Question is this that Pakistan dont have a Single Aircraft Carrier like indians so Does Pakistan needs a Carrier like this or they have planned for atleast have one in future ? Does any one knows about this ?

from my point of view, NO, Pakistan doesn't need to build/buy/maintain such expensive weapons as it is economically infeasible for Pakistan.

the current regime of india builds this AC partially trying to invoke the arm race in Asia, if everyone just follow then you will see their PM laughing in the toilet as in that case they get what they want.

Wel already have a Mirage V squadron equipped with Exocet anti ship missiles.

Remember Exocet sank HMS Invincible during Fakland conflict.

C-802/805 can easily match that as the old shitty c-70x almost sank the INS Hanit during the 2006 Lebanon War. c-701 is about one generation worse than c-802, which again looks shitty in front of c-805

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom