What's new

Keel laying of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

India is in a process of modernization of its triad partly through indigenous effort and mainly through purchasing. Indian blue water navy doctrine requires India to have 3 Aircraft Carriers, one being built in Russia, the other being indigenously developed and their is a speculation that the next one will start in 2010-2011.

Coming to importance of AC...Every single equipment in which a country invests no matter in which it invest will have a significant role. Aircraft Carrier have their own combative edge not just in war but also for humanitarian efforts..

Its take a concocted belief to over look the importance of something significant but all it takes is gullible logic to perceive the idea behind it.

I can read this two ways:

1. It was a warning from India's CAG about how outadted India's Navy really is. In that case it should be a wake up call to the MOD and the Navy.

2. It was a PR stunt from the Indian Navy
(similar to the US Cope India reaction - "Oh my God - we need more F-22 Raptors or we are all going to die" refrain)

I guess the point I am trying to make is, knowing Indo/Pak politics, the truth is somewhere in between!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I can read this two ways:

1. It was a warning from India's CAG about how outadted India's Navy really is. In that case it should be a wake up call to the MOD and the Navy.

2. It was a PR stunt from the Indian Navy
(similar to the US Cope India reaction - "Oh my God - we need more F-22 Raptors or we are all going to die" refrain)

I guess the point I am trying to make is, knowing Indo/Pak politics, the truth is somewhere in between!:D

And it works, several new ships, subs, fighters, helicopter, maritime reconnaissance a/c and new bases are coming in the next few years. Future of IN looks quiet good!

Well placed PR helps the forces to get what they want, in US as well as in India. ;)

in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090228/812/tnl-work-begins-on-india-s-first- aircraf.html
keep it up INDIAN YOU ROCK :yahoo:

Dont forget, it is quite evident now that the USA is going to use India as a counterweight against China. I foresee, a lot of US tech and equipment coming `India's way. It has begun with the Nuclear deal, might continue with the 126 jet fighters, and in the long run who knows what else. In the mean time, India should learn from what it gets and apply it into its own tech.
For India mockers, you know what, despite the failures we are on, we have not given up. You never know. There was a time we were so deep in poverty, now we are not, today we are an economic powerhouse. My advise to India dont give up, we will succeed, we've done well in missile, satellites and launchers, we will achieve more.

Dont forget, it is quite evident now that the USA is going to use India as a counterweight against China. I foresee, a lot of US tech and equipment coming `India's way. It has begun with the Nuclear deal, might continue with the 126 jet fighters, and in the long run who knows what else. In the mean time, India should learn from what it gets and apply it into its own tech.
For India mockers, you know what, despite the failures we are on, we have not given up. You never know. There was a time we were so deep in poverty, now we are not, today we are an economic powerhouse. My advise to India dont give up, we will succeed, we've done well in missile, satellites and launchers, we will achieve more.

I don't know about you, but there are hundreds of millions of "slumdog millionaires" living in India and they certainly do not share your opinion when you say "today, we are not so deep in poverty".

I don't know about you, but there are hundreds of millions of "slumdog millionaires" living in India and they certainly do not share your opinion when you say "today, we are not so deep in poverty".

Yes today we are not so deep in poverty. Firstly dont judge India by Slumdog Millionaire. You havent been to these slums, and you dont know the spirit that exists there. I know this first hand. Its not all about poverty, you should see the people there, children going to english medium schools, individuals having small businesses, Others employed in various parts of Industry, its not totally gloomy, these slums are filled with little heroes.
For you to understand my post, you would have to research back and see the state of India just a few decades ago, compred to which a lot has changed now. I never stated that we have over come poverty, that is going to be a long time away, however , surely but certainly it is happening. Wish it would have happened faster though.

Yes today we are not so deep in poverty. Firstly dont judge India by Slumdog Millionaire. You havent been to these slums, and you dont know the spirit that exists there. I know this first hand. Its not all about poverty, you should see the people there, children going to english medium schools, individuals having small businesses, Others employed in various parts of Industry, its not totally gloomy, these slums are filled with little heroes.
For you to understand my post, you would have to research back and see the state of India just a few decades ago, compred to which a lot has changed now. I never stated that we have over come poverty, that is going to be a long time away, however , surely but certainly it is happening. Wish it would have happened faster though.

do you relize what thread is this:taz:

Seeing al these images of MNBTs here, I'ld say this thread has gone seriously 'off topic' (Re: Keel laying of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier).

Navy eyeing micro-submarine

Navy eyeing micro-submarine

Manoj K Das
First Published : 02 Mar 2009 01:59:00 AM IST
Last Updated : 02 Mar 2009 08:20:09 AM IST

KOCHI: In an effort to strengthen its underwater attack capabilities the Indian Navy is in talks with the Naval Science and Technical Laboratory, Visakhapatnam, to build a micro-submarine for its strategic operations.

The NSTL scientists have put the preliminary design of a vessel on their drawing board. Sources told Express that the micro-submarine will have a carrying capacity of six persons. It will have the endurance of a normal submarine.

“All major navies have a fleet of small submarines. They are used for reconnaissance and intelligence gathering. The same boats are also used for special operations like closeto- shore commando strikes,” sources said.

The Indian Navy has asked NSTL scientists to come up with a model similar to the ones used by advanced forces. “A manned microsubmarine has gained strategic relevance in this era of surgical strikes. It won’t leave loud signatures that can be heard by enemy sonar or other monitoring mechanisms,”:devil: sources said.

The project will be a totally indigenous effort. The Defence Ministry wants this to be showcased as a public-private initiative. “We will rope in builders or firms that will play a role in fabricating its parts from the beginning. There are a few names like L&T and Tata who have evinced interest in playing a bigger role in the defence industry,” sources said.

The NSTL is expected to finish the design by 2010. The hope is to carry out the first trials by 2015. In another development, the Navy successfully carried out two live trials of super torpedo Varunastra. This torpedo weighs twice as much as the conventional one and has a longer range.

“The two test firings were on target.

Varunastra can accurately kill a big ship anywhere in a radius of 10 km. This being a big weapon, one torpedo can effectively take out a potential threat,” sources said adding that the Navy has asked for 100 weapons which will be delivered by the year end.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom