What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Your claim of ethnic cleansing is just an extremely exaggerated and invalid claim the sole purpose of which is to simply malign the Muslim Population of Kashmir and justify whatever brutality they are subjected to.

However we may look at it, the fact remains that the Kashmir Valley was overwhelmingly Muslim more than a century ago and remains so today, this rules out any barbaric ethnic cleansing which has made Muslims into majority via carnage and bloody murder.
The population percentages have been fairly consistent with 1901.

The same way , murder and intimidation of the Hindu Pandits by the Islamic separatists seems exxagerated to you,the claims of brutalities by the Indian Army sounds like hyper-exxageration to me.

So lets agree to disagree and you will not be able to convince any Indian that only Muslims have been subjected to brutalities.The Hindu Pandits have undergone far worse condition during those burning 90s.

Now regarding your following statement

There is no better way than to authorize state brutality than by sending troops and police in with the indoctrination that the local population needs to paid in their own coin since they have always been doing wrong unto others and are traitors towards the state.
The Kashmiris are no traitors, they simply had no say in the accession of Kashmir to India and have become more and more isolated due to mishandling of the issue.

Neither in Most of the princely states,if not all, did the people have a choice.It was the choice of the ruler that mattered and the power at your disposal during a period of free for all.

So no use in harping about that now.

Regarding Junagadh, i do not care whoever it was that wrote a letter.
The matter of accession was to be decided by the ruler, yet here the ruler was Muslim and the Non Muslim population was cited as a reason for India to demand a plebiscite.
When the Ruler of Junagadh decided in favor of Pakistan the Indian State seized the land anyways.
So effectively the population mattered in the end and this has been proven by history since Kashmir is the one place where the Indian state has failed to appease the local population.

"Might is Right" mate.The Indian state at that time had the power to enforce its rule in Junagadh,while the same thing when imitated by Pakistan in Kashmir fell on its face.

The reason is that there is an overwhelming Muslim majority here which has not reconciled with India but rather has become more and more alienated due to a troubled history with a lot of empty promises.

You talk of collateral but the concept of collateral has long been lost when Kashmir as a whole is seen as a nest of extremists.

The mindset here is that most Kashmiris are extremist, violent and terrorists or sympathetic to such , so it is lovely to pay them back in their own coin.
You have defined a whole people as the enemy because majority of them are not at all in love with India but rather have a strong dislike for the Indian state apparatus which has been wronging them on many accounts.
Here most of the population feels wronged by the Indian state, so it is not a case of rescuing the population from some insurgents but rather a standoff between the locals and the State apparatus.

If they feel they as Muslims,they cant live in Hindu India they can very well move on to Pakistan like the millions who did during Partition on both sides.No one really stops them.

Regarding the all time low insurgency resulting in more and more accountability of Troops...you could not be more wrong.
When you avidly deny occurrences of r ape and torture despite judicial inquiries stating otherwise, you absolutely negate the purpose of accountability and reconciliation with the locals.

The Kashmiris who protest are thrashed around since they are anti Indian Muslim extremists with an agenda.
Those whose daughter, wives etc are raped are called separatists with an agenda who are trying to entice population against the Indian state.
Those who raise arms are all called terrorists who are terrorizing the locals at behest of Pakistan, yet no light is shed on the Indian policy breeding hatred which is evident in the streets of Kashmir.
Who is the state protecting in Kashmir and from whom?

The state is protecting the silent majority who get played upon by the separatists for their own narrow gains and more importantly there for protecting something called "Territorial Integrity" from external and internal aggressors.

Only a fool would think that no Kashmiri youth would take up arms in wake of all the injustices and cover ups happening in the valley.
Overall this is called a Pakistani sponsored movement so that all punitive actions are justified without accepting the Kashmiri Population's Standoff with the State as the major problem in Kashmir.

When there is zero percent recognition of the genuine Kashmiri Muslim sentiments and instead tales are fabricated about their past brutality against non Muslims, there is no hope but for the rapes, killings and torture to continue unchecked and be swept under the carpet.

If the Kashmiri Muslims want any respite from these so called rapes and other claims,let them agree to the INdian constitution.

Lets face it - both you and I know very well that India will not budge on Kashmir for anything in the world.If lives have to be sacrificed/taken for that..It will be.

The sooner all parties come to terms with the reality the better for all.

Last edited:
Hi,

I know this is the biggest dilemma for India. Giving in to the demands of the Kashmiris (peaceful or violent) would set a wrong precedent be it the Sikh Khalistan movement (now effectively crushed) Tamils or Naxils etc.

No its not that concern.It will set a general precedent like "Taking law into your hands and indulging in violence is a sure shot way to attain your goals".Now no responsible state would want that..Or would it ?

Seconly Khalistan is nothing but a bad dream for the Sikhs.The only Sikhs still nurturing that have become Canadian Citizens now and the absolute majority of the Sikhs in India keep their head high and say proudly they are Indians.

And I absolutely have no idea why you mentioned Tamil Nadu and Naxals in this.?:undecided:..FYI - I am a Tamil and does it look like im asking for secession from India.? :lol:

The point about Kashmir is that there was a foul play involved by the departing British and hence India got the land access to Kashmir and the occupation for right or wrong reasons. India is not alone about safeguarding its integrity. Pakistan had the same sentiments when it lost its eastern wing but we had to accept the reality. The Bengalis didn’t want anything to do with us whether the obnoxious governments in the west liked it or not. The will of the people prevailed in the end.

I would like to point out the differences between 1971 and Kashmir.

First you (West Pakistanis) shared absolutely nothing in common with Bengalis except religion - no shared culture,heritage,language and not even land links...whereas in the case of Kashmir it has a shared history,culture,heritage,religion,land link,language etc etc..Name it and you got it.

So I dont think a comparison between Bangladesh and Kashmir is apt.

Also the bitter truth is Pakistan did not voluntarily let go of East Pakistan due to some humanitarian gesture,,rather they were forced to.I dont think any nation in the world can do the same to India on Kashmir.

Kashmir is disputed from the day British empire left it intentionally unresolved. There will have to be a middle ground if we the people of the subcontinent have to move forward there will be some middle ground some give and take. It’s the “give” which is the tricky part. A strong leadership in both sides that decides a final solution that keeps the wishes of the people of Kashmir in mind and main prieority.

Otherwise we will be condemned to stay in this confrontation left by British for coming future.
Maybe off topic something really irks me I hope you or someone else picks it up. This English race is strange (to put it mildly) wherever they set foot or whenever they left from somewhere. They have left a conflict for the people of that place
Be it Kashmir, the making of Israeli state are the prime examples. The division of Arabian Peninsula re Kurds vs. Iraq/ Iran/ Turkey. The Cyprus issue (Greece Vs Turkey). The Durand line (Pak Afghan border issue). think of a Place where British set foot and 9 out of 10 times you will find a conflict.

In all these cases Kashmir and Palestine are the prime conflicts that have taken the whole region a hostage. Can we be smart enough to solve the conflict? I wonder and I pray

True - but whats the use in blaming others in our past while we continue to ignore ground realities of the present.:rolleyes:

I don't believe a word of it, chances are he's another Kashmiri leader whom the Indian Army jail when they need a scape-goat. What are the chances of one hiding out in Sringar (of all places)?

As per the NEWS, he(ba$ter) is arrested by J&K POLICE not by the INDIAN ARMY:cheers:

Last edited:
Gunbattle on in Kashmir to flush out Jaish terrorists from populated area - Express India

Srinagar An encounter broke out in the early hours of Thursday between three holed up Jaish-e-Mohammad militants and security forces in Malroo on the outskirts of Srinagar city, officials said.
Police and troops of the 2 Rashtriya Rifles cordoned off the Malroo locality, 15 kilometres from here, in the morning following a tip-off about the presence of at least three militants in one of the houses in the area, they said.

The ultras opened fire on the security forces when they were zeroing in on the target house, which belonged to property dealer Abdul Rashid Bhat.

The troops retaliated following which a gunbattle ensued, they said.

As the house is located in a populated area, the security forces announced a halt in hostilities and sent a group of locals to persuade the militants to surrender, they said.
However, the ultras refused the offer.

The security forces are evacuating all civilians from the vicinity before they launch an assault to flush out the militants, they said.

The firing between the security forces and militants resumed after the security personnel ensured there were no civilians in the close vicinity of the house, the officials said.
A helicopter was seen flying very low over the house after which one of the militants started firing towards it, they said.

A defence spokesman said the movement of the choppers in the area is for routine administrative purposes as the headquarters of anti-militant operation Kilo Force is located in nearby Shariefabad area.

"We do not use helicopters during encounter operations," Lt Colonel J S Brar said

Misguided tactics by the militants... By risking the civilians, they are putting themselves in the wrong light...

For the Mods: Have kept it as a separate thread since the event is ongoing. We can merge it once the militants are killed....

The same way , murder and intimidation of the Hindu Pandits by the Islamic separatists seems exxagerated to you,the claims of brutalities by the Indian Army sounds like hyper-exxageration to me.

So lets agree to disagree and you will not be able to convince any Indian that only Muslims have been subjected to brutalities.The Hindu Pandits have undergone far worse condition during those burning 90s.

Once again hiding from the ground reality and trying to justify the tyrannical approach to the suppression of Kashmiris by diverting the discussion.

The fact is that you are rather focusing on half cooked stories of ethnic cleansing of Hindus in the valley despite the census data which is available throughout the last century, only to build up justifications for hating those Kashmiris who are openly anti India.
This fact of yours has never had any global recognition nor sympathy since a mass anti Muslim genocide is contrary to recognized census data.

You would rather dwell in such stories as to justify the ugly truth that is now visible in Kashmir?
A perfect recipe to ensure that Kashmiris are permanently split from India, suits me but for the innocent lives lost.

I completely agree to disagree with you.

Neither in Most of the princely states,if not all, did the people have a choice.It was the choice of the ruler that mattered and the power at your disposal during a period of free for all.

So no use in harping about that now.

"Might is Right" mate.The Indian state at that time had the power to enforce its rule in Junagadh,while the same thing when imitated by Pakistan in Kashmir fell on its face.

Well the reason for my perceived harping about that was to bring to attention the fact that State of India did indeed harp about the will of the people before subjugating the princely states.
The continuous failing to see the significance of the will of the people in Kashmir is the root cause of the problem.
Once India deliberately fails to see or recognize the problem, it cannot come up with any suitable long term answer except brute force.
The result of such a policy is now in the streets.

If they feel they as Muslims,they cant live in Hindu India they can very well move on to Pakistan like the millions who did during Partition on both sides.No one really stops them.

It is their land and their will, the will of the people, it always bites one in the behind if ignored.
The people who moved out at the time of partition were moving out from minority areas.
Kashmiri Muslims have always been in over 90% majority in the Valley so why should they feel inclined to leave their land?

The state is protecting the silent majority who get played upon by the separatists for their own narrow gains and more importantly there for protecting something called "Territorial Integrity" from external and internal aggressors.

If the Kashmiri Muslims want any respite from these so called rapes and other claims,let them agree to the INdian constitution.

What narrow gains are you talking about?
Thousands of unarmed civilians do not come out in the streets for narrow gains!

They come out in numbers because of the injustices which are perpetrated to suppress them because of their independence oriented mindset which is in direct clash with India.
They want respite from these rapes and brutal tactics but not by recognizing the Indian constitution because the State which represents this holy constitution is the same one which turns a deliberate blind eye when these people are raped, tortured and killed.

So called rapes?
You really are living in denial.
You are deliberately ignoring the facts on ground and the reason for the rapes etc.
The reason is that there is no dread of the State holding the perpetrators accountable since the victims are Kashmiri Muslims who are not loyal to the state.
As long as the out of line brutes know that they can get away unless they leave too much evidence, they shall r ape and kill more and more.
Brutes are in every society, however if they find a gray area which is left unchecked...they will take advantage of it again and again, since they can protect themselves by saying that they are being framed by anti state forces, however the number of Kashmiris protesting various incidents refuted by the state indicates that there is a public outrage and anger which leads one to believe that there is indeed a tendency to cover up and sweep things under the carpet.

The silent majority you are talking about is not silent anymore, and yes everyone does not have equal courage to come out in the streets when they are dragged away and selectively raped, tortured and killed by people who are without any real fear of accountability.

So called r ape?
The controversial cases of 2009 which were investigated and authenticate by judicial inquiry and initial autopsy were later dismissed after carrying out a most controversial medical test three months after burial.
The situation is so bad because the state even wants to deny the rapes leave alone investigate them and punish those responsible.

Keep on carrying out things like this and the Kashmiri youth would turn to arms in larger numbers till there will be nothing left but ashes and dust in Kashmir for India.

Lets face it - both you and I know very well that India will not budge on Kashmir for anything in the world.If lives have to be sacrificed/taken for that..It will be.

The sooner all parties come to terms with the reality the better for all.

Now there are three parties here, Pakistan and Kashmiris have no major issues between them and will agree on the demands, whereas Indian interest is not in favor of the Kashmir Muslim views and the more it pursues this interest via military means, the more hostile the Kashmiri Muslims in the valley become towards India.

I agree that India will not budge here since all present indicators show that India has discarded a soft approach, now it is about holding on to the piece of land and keeping the mostly disloyal and treacherous population in check with all means necessary.

The bilateral resolution of Kashmir issue between Pakistan and India as suggested by India is just a diplomatic charade being played since a long time.
India has no intention of budging an inch here and would like to keep Kashmiris out of the discussion despite the fact that they have a right to be part of dialogue.
Had this bilateral dialogue produced something the issue could have been settled but as time passes by, i do not think anything can be done without a trilateral dialogue.

The more i read the Indian views the more i am convinced that the onus lies on Pakistan to ensure that Kashmiris have a meaningful support and there is enough international awareness to force a dialogue.
To expect India to stop on its own and seek dialogue is absolutely a foolish notion since India has already gone beyond the point of no return with the Kashmiri population.
The fact that Kashmiris in Pakistan are content indicates to India that it shall not gain any territory but only lose ground if there is a trilateral dialogue, hence it is averse to it.

Without some flexibility there can be no meaningful dialogue on Kashmir, without a meaningful dialogue there can be no meaningful peace in this region and without meaningful peace we are all condemned to remain in this state of mutual dislike and mistrust.

In a nutshell, for present day India a peace with Pakistan and Kashmiris is not worth the loss of Kashmir valley, not even a little loss.
Without even slight adjustments, i really do not see any golden era of stability being ushered in, no matter how much advances are made in this region.
Somehow the miracle has to be performed where India sees advantage in dialogue, maybe as the situation worsens there may be reconsideration to address this issue...certainly not a desirable course but that is what i perceive.

Kashmir is most important to resolve because it is definitely the major issue between the two major countries in South Asia, once there is some advancement here...both countries can have much more internal stability since they can support each other and cooperate without fear of manipulation and betrayal.
I am not full of hate nor do i want Pakistan and India to be at each others throats, yet how can there be peace when hearts and minds are at war?

Anyways i think i have said all what i wanted to say...just left wondering one thing

Is a false peace better than an honest and open disagreement/hostility?
Surely one cannot be both not peaceful and yet friendly.
Friendship demands trust and we lack that big time.
Yet many here want friendship between the two states.

Last edited:
I agree with your post except for the bolded parts.

Do you think whatever has happened in Kashmir is all India's fault? Would Kashmir be burning if Pakistan did not breed the freedom struggle?

You seem to have forgotten the fact that Kashmir was joined with India against the wishes of its people by Raja Gulab Singh...

^^^and that gives Pakistan the right to invade a sovereign territory and claim it as its own?

Once again hiding from the ground reality and trying to justify the tyrannical approach to the suppression of Kashmiris.

The fact is that you are rather focusing on half cooked stories of ethnic cleansing of Hindus in the valley despite the census data which is available throughout the last century, only to build up justifications for hating those Kashmiris who are openly anti India.
This fact of yours has never had any global recognition nor sympathy since it is fabricated and contrary to recognized census data.

You would rather dwell in such stories as to justify the ugly truth that is now visible in Kashmir?
A perfect recipe to ensure that Kashmiris are permanently split from India, suits me but for the innocent lives lost.

I completely agree to disagree with you.

For you they are half-cooked,...but for me having interacted with the refugess in Delhi as a part of student exchange program they are gruesome reality.

So lets agree to disagree.

Well the reason for my perceived harping about that was to bring to attention the fact that State of India did indeed harp about the will of the people before subjugating the princely states.
The continuous failing to see the significance of the will of the people in Kashmir is the root cause of the problem.
Once India deliberately fails to see or recognize the problem, it cannot come up with any suitable long term answer except brute force.
The result of such a policy is now in the streets.

This is what I said - India did a thing in Junagadh and Pakistan tried to do the same thing in Kashmir,but for obvious reasons failed in that objective.

Lets not act saintly - during that period of integration of the princely states both India and Pakistan were vying for the different states to integrated with their respective countries.While India was sucessful in that Pakistan wasnt.So now the "will of the ppl" argument comes ot after failing in all other means and methods.Does it sound creible - NO.

It is their land and their will, the will of the people.
The people who moved out at the time of partition were moving out from minority areas.
Kashmiri Muslims have always been in over 90% majority in the Valley so why should they feel inclined to leave their land?

Not exactly their land - it was technically the Raja's kingdom which he acceded to India.

What narrow gains are you talking about?
Thousands of unarmed civilians do not come out in the streets for narrow gains!

Thats what I said - these thousands of unarmed civilians are played by the likes of Geelani and his coterie for their narrow political and religious goals.

you just substantiated my point.

So called rapes?
You really are living in denial.
You are deliberately ignoring the facts on ground and the reason for the rapes etc.
The reason is that there is no dread of the State holding the perpetrators accountable since the victims are Kashmiri Muslims who are not loyal to the state.
As long as the out of line brutes know that they can get away unless they leave too much evidence, they shall r ape and kill more and more.
Brutes are in every society, however if they find a gray area which is left unchecked...they will take advantage of it again and again, since they can protect themselves by saying that they are being framed.

Im not living in denial.Wherever there is an insurgency sponsored by external factors,the Army has to set foot in to clean up the mess and no army in no country acts in civilian areas without legal immunity.

And where are the oft-requested proofs for these rapes other than propaganda media? There may be some here and there but not on a large scale as you seem to suggest.

So called r ape?
The controversial cases of 2009 which were investigated and authenticate by judicial inquiry and initial autopsy were later dismissed after carrying out a most controversial medical test three months after burial.
The situation is so bad because the state even wants to deny the rapes leave alone investigate them and punish those responsible.

mate,you say its a ****,but the CBI and the independent Kashmiri police enquiry revealed that there was no ****.

i tend to believe the latter.

Keep on carrying out things like this and the Kashmiri youth would turn to arms in larger numbers till there will be nothing left but ashes and dust in Kashmir for India.

Thats the most foolish thing those"youths" can ever do..?Whats the max they can do..? Take AKs and shoot innocent Indians in otehr parts of India like Mumbai.
We ve seen many attacks before and we know how to face them.

But what will happen to them after that....?? They get branded as "terrorists" and will face the consequences for that.

Have you thought of that.? We are 1.2 billion ppl there.there is not enough bullets left to kill all of us.

Now there are three parties here, Pakistan and Kashmiris have no major issues between them and will agree on the demands, whereas Indian interest is not in favor of the Kashmir Muslim views and the more it pursues this interest via military means, the more hostile the Kashmiri Muslims in the valley become towards India.

Only Two parties according to the much favoured UN resolutions.

The bilateral resolution of Kashmir issue between Pakistan and India as suggested by India is just a diplomatic charade being played since a long time.
India has no intention of budging an inch here and would like to keep Kashmiris out of the discussion despite the fact that they have a right to be part of dialogue.
Had this bilateral dialogue produced something the issue could have been settled but as time passes by, i do not think anything can be done without a trilateral dialogue.

Exactly - the only solution is making the LoC permanent and then leaving Indians and Kashmiris to sort out the other issues amongst themselves.

The more i read the Indian views the more i am convinced that the onus lies on Pakistan to ensure that Kashmiris have a meaningful support and there is enough international awareness to force a dialogue.
To expect India to stop on its own and seek dialogue is absolutely a foolish notion since India has already gone beyond the point of no return with the Kashmiri population.
The fact that Kashmiris in Pakistan are content indicates to India that it shall not gain any territory but only lose ground if there is a trilateral dialogue, hence it is averse to it.

Its not about loosing or gaining territory.its about maintaining the sanctity of one's "Territorial integrity" which is absolutely non-negotiable for everything/anything in the world

And international awareness - yes there is an international awareness about kashmir...but that awareness is India is a democratic state that is defending its territory while Pakistan sponsors militants from its soil to launch attacks on India.

And thats why you dont see any international country lecturing India on Kashmir.

Sad,but true.

Without some flexibility there can be no meaningful dialogue on Kashmir, without a meaningful dialogue there can be no meaningful peace in this region and without meaningful peace we are all condemned to remain in this state of mutual dislike and mistrust.

In a nutshell, for present day India a peace with Pakistan and Kashmiris is not worth the loss of Kashmir valley, not even a little loss.
Without even slight adjustments, i really do not see any golden era of stability being ushered in, no matter how much advances are made in this region.
Somehow the miracle has to be performed where India sees advantage in dialogue, maybe as the situation worsens there may be reconsideration to address this issue...

Kashmir is most important to resolve because it is definitely the major issue between the two major countries in South Asia, once there is some advancement here...both countries can have much more internal stability since they can support each other and cooperate without fear of manipulation and betrayal.

It all sounds so rosy and so good.But our economy, military and most-importantly the people are ready to live in hostility rather than surrendering our Land on grounds of religion to anyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps: I may sound hostile,belligerent....because I wanted to be candid and dont want to mince words for some sort of "all-is-rosy-feeling" over an internet forum.I just wanted to say how an average Indian feels about Kashmir.And nothing is going to change that feeling..

Last edited:
Not exactly their land - it was technically the Raja's kingdom which he acceded to India.

Thats what I said - these thousands of unarmed civilians are played by the likes of Geelani and his coterie for their narrow political and religious goals.

you just substantiated my point.

Raja acceeded at the point of a gun. the very essence of democracy was the victim when the will of the people of Kashmir was totally brushed aside.

correction regarding the protesters they are hundreds of thousands and they are doing it for 60+ years. its not just Geelani its the voice of the majority.

by the way you talked about the Hindu refugees being displaced due to Kashmir freedom struggle. at least they had the chance to escape alive.
the Muslims of Jammu never had that chance
they were brutally and systematically cleansed from Jammu thus making Jammu a pretty much a Hindu area.

please be fair when making qoutations

thanks

Raja acceeded at the point of a gun. the very essence of democracy was the victim when the will of the people of Kashmir was totally brushed aside.

The gun in question was held by Pakistan. He signed accession to get Indian forces to protect his state from the invasion of Pakistani irregulars.. Dont blame India for an event resulting from the action of Pakistan..

The gun was brought to the table by the invading Pashtun tribals.Indian Army came into the picture only as a deterrent against that invasion.

orrection regarding the protesters they are hundreds of thousands and they are doing it for 60+ years. its not just Geelani its the voice of the majority.

No...Kashmir under Sheikh Abdhullah was much more peaceful than many other states at that time.The people and the leaders at that time had genuine political aspirations that could/should have been addressed.

But in came the terrorism and the rising Islamic separatism into this mix during the 90s and now India is at a point of no-return.

by the way you talked about the Hindu refugees being displaced due to Kashmir freedom struggle. at least they had the chance to escape alive.
the Muslims of Jammu never had that chance
they were brutally and systematically cleansed from Jammu thus making Jammu a pretty much a Hindu area.

Jammu has a 30% Muslim population.Please get your facts right sire.

Death warrant is all the more reason to stay behind, if he really is to stand by his ''cause’’
ok...not about how much a man this guy is...it's about the rawaiya of GoI towards people who want to talk and settle this...
we are not on an arresting spree...nobody has bee arrested without proper grounds.

By the way, if what you said were true then I wonder why there is a media blackout. Is Kashmir –despite how militarized it is --even a war-zone?

do you follow Indian newspapers and tv channels?
all incidents of violence perpetrated by the army and by the insurgents gets covered.
I would be delighted if you can produce a piece that didn't get published..or highlited.
Latter isn’t much of an issue nowdays; At least from what I can tell. Chechna still is restive, as are some other semi-autonomous areas. I lost respect for the Chechnya ‘’resistance’’ after what they did to over 300 children at a school in Beslan. Besides, it isn’t even my fight or my worry. If you look at things on the aggregate, seems that the violence is down when compared to early-mid 1990s
there was an attack 2-3 days back in the chechen capital of grozny...
it is far from restive...
when the fight is against a much much stronger enemy...people often resort to desperate things like that unfortunate Beslan incident or 9/11 or the mumbai attacks...or the 10s of attacks occuring in your country...
there is no glory in war unless you finish it.

I don’t get heart-burn, I am totally numb and free of emotion

:tup:

Two militants killed in J&K encounter

Srinagar: Two militants were killed in a fierce encounter between Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militants and security forces in Malroo area on the outskirts of Srinagar city, officials said.

"We had information about 3 militants of JeM, so we launched operation in the morning. One house was blasted off, in which 2 militants were killed. The encounter is over but search for another one is going on. These people have come from Bandipora and one person has been arrested," said SSP Ashiq Bukhari.

Police and troops of 2 Rashtriya Rifles cordoned off Malroo locality, 15 km from Srinagar, in the wee hours following a tip off about the presence of at least three militants in one of the houses in the area, police said.

The ultras opened fire on the security forces when they were zeroing in on the target house, belonging to a property dealer. The troops retaliated following which a gunbattle ensued

The house is located in a populated area. An Army helicopter is monitoring the terrorists.

The security forces evacuated all civilians from the vicinity before they launch an assault to flush out the militants. (With PTI inputs)

Lol..these lines are starting to sound ridiculously funny to me now.Keep denying the reality and are we going to loose anything.? :no:

No, you aren't going to loose anything except a few more soldiers, some more soldiers with PTSD, a few more suicides in uniform and a few more mumbai attacks.

i am sure it isnt that heavy a price to pay for the largest democracy and a booming economy, is it?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom