What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Geelani faces shoe protest

A shoe was thrown towards hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani at a function here today as a group of people, including Kashmiri Pandits, staged a strong protest against his presence.

The protestors, shouting slogans like 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' and 'Vande Mataram', created ruckus at the convention on 'Azaadi -- The Only Way' which was being attended by a number of sympathisers of Kashmiri separatists and naxals. Though Geelani was yet to speak, more than 70 protesters shouted slogans asking him to leave.

In the pandemonium, someone threw a shoe towards Geelani on the dais but it missed him. A human chain was immediately thrown around him on the dais by the security personnel and organisers to protect the leaders on the dais. The protestors were led out by the police.

At the time of the protest, S A R Geelani, a lecturer who was accused in the Parliament attack case but later set free, was speaking on the topic.

I hope he gets shipped to Pakistan soon.

No, you aren't going to loose anything except a few more soldiers, some more soldiers with PTSD, a few more suicides in uniform and a few more mumbai attacks.

i am sure it isnt that heavy a price to pay for the largest democracy and a booming economy, is it?

Of course it isn't a heavy price to pay sir, when you consider that our enemy has lost its 'izzat' in front of the whole world.

Losing a few hundred/thousand/million lives is still much better than losing the 'izzat' and 'ghairat' of the country...no?

Of course it isn't a heavy price to pay sir, when you consider that our enemy has lost its 'izzat' in front of the whole world.

Losing a few hundred/thousand/million lives is still much better than losing the 'izzat' and 'ghairat' of the country...no?
:lol:
Look who is talking.

I still dont get the Kashmir problem. If this is about hoisting the Kashmir flag and governing themselves, why dont they just do it? If someone stops them, then they have all the right to secede. What will a small completely independent district achieve, just for independence sake? To me Kashmir is still an issue of some leaders who want to govern the area (for whatever reasons) not getting the chance to do so. Its got nothing to do with religion or economic prosperity. And it absolutely has nothing to do with intelligent and smart thinking that being part of a larger Union is the way to go for getting the best of resources and best of lifestyle. For instance, Indian rupee is 2 times pakistani rupee. If Kashmiris were to shift over to pakistan, they would have to pay 2 times for every economic resource they had accessible to from within India. And they would have to wait possibly two or three times longer for infrastructure to reach them, than within India which can fund them faster. The economic implications will push Kashmir district to a backwater, which will have gross inequities with its much larger neighbor, as Kashmir alone does not have scale to implement large projects, nor official machinery to win large international loans and grants, or even establishing its international rights. Even if somehow Kashmiris chose to be independent, they need to choose an SAR status within India, much like HK or Macau. Even then, HK, Macau and Taiwan have incredible entrepreneurship and industries that Kashmiris cannot hope to achieve. I am sorry I do NOT believe in the Kashmiri story.

Did this also hold guud when Texas joined the US?

We keep talking about Mumbai 26/11 in the context of Kashmir. It is interesting to note that all 10 terrorists were Pakistanis. They were NOT Kashmiris and certainly not Indian Kashmiris.

My point is that we should not draw equivalences or attribute cause-and-effect to the wrong causes. Mumbai 26/11 happened due to Pakistani terrorist strategy and was supported by the Pakistani army.

The places (as confirmed by Pakistan's Dawn TV) from where the attackers belonged were Faridkot, Dera Ismail Khan, Multan, Okara, Narowal, Faisalabad, Arifwalla, Dipalpur Taluk. These are all areas that fall squarely within Pakistan.

So saying that if Kashmir is not solved, more "Mumbais" will happen is a threat with a Pakistani dimension, nothing to do with Kashmir as such.

Last edited:
That is the problem. You dont get it, do you? We in America do NOT believe that Indians are oppressors of Kashmiris. We think that Pakistan is the bad country here. And, we dont know what Kashmir is all about. Americans think that India is a democratic place where all religions live harmoniously. I dont know if this is true or not.

If you dont know that then how the eff you dare to comment on this?

By your stupid understanding of affairs i would assume the Iran too is a democratic country where majority of the population follow the leader blindly, but then it doesnt seem democratic to you, does it?

If you consider Pakistan so bad why dont you just hand over Kashmir to india and get the shyt cleaned? But you know what, you cant do it, because fortunately there still are few yanks how can think straight and understand the 'real' story.

i really am surprised that a country that had paid so much in the name of freedom (starting from the American civil war till GWoT) still produce such thankless breed. Man, you should have born a Jew during the Holocaust!!

Reading through the comments in any thread within Kashmir forum you see a common theme and this thread is not an exception

Indian commentators will stress about sovereignty and integrity of India. They will dismiss right of people. They will justify the crackdown on Kashmiris. They will conveniently bypass the issue of human rights. They will lambaste the UN and call it irrelevant and its resolutions dated. More or less mimicking the attitude of President Bush (forgetting that India has a long way to go before becoming a sole super power like USA). The discussion will be deliberately derailed and lead to non-serious and off topic issues and even outright trolling.

In any other thread or occasion, the Indians will start their sentence with their beloved democracy, the mantra of non-violence of Gandhi, criticising other countries specially China & Pakistan in particular for their human rights record etc. but there will be criminal silence or outright dismissal when the word Kashmir will be mentioned.

Pakistani contributors
although being the citizens of a country where democracy hardly found its roots would highlight the plight of the Kashmiris. point out the brutalities of the Indian occupation forces. Question the justification of having over a million security personal if the uprising is really only foreign instigated as claimed by India.

Conclusion . Indians despite being the citizens of democracy will continue to ignore the Kashmri right of self determination. Which was very basis of the partition agreed upon Hindu & Muslim leadership with their former colonial masters.

Pakistanis will continue to remind them about the born right of freedom of a human which is the very essence of modern democracy. They will also keep shaking the Indian conscious for this forced & unjust occupation.

And so the debate will go on. I only hope that we as 2 neighbours are able to resolve it amicably according to the wishes of Kashmiri people and not let an outsider monkey to decide it for us because we both will loose out along with the Kashmiris.[/COLOR]

Paritosh... Cmon man... You and I and everyone knows that Bharat has hundreds of thousands of armed forces inside Kashmir... If there were such freedom for Muslims in that region what was Indian Army doing there?

i know why, they are just fond of being thrashed with stones and getting head bumps.

Reading through the comments in any thread within Kashmir forum you see a common theme and this thread is not an exception

Indian commentators will stress about sovereignty and integrity of India. They will dismiss right of people. They will justify the crackdown on Kashmiris. They will conveniently bypass the issue of human rights. They will lambaste the UN and call it irrelevant and its resolutions dated. More or less mimicking the attitude of President Bush (forgetting that India has a long way to go before becoming a sole super power like USA). The discussion will be deliberately derailed and lead to non-serious and off topic issues and even outright trolling.

In any other thread or occasion, the Indians will start their sentence with their beloved democracy, the mantra of non-violence of Gandhi, criticising other countries specially China & Pakistan in particular for their human rights record etc. but there will be criminal silence or outright dismissal when the word Kashmir will be mentioned.

Pakistani contributors
although being the citizens of a country where democracy hardly found its roots would highlight the plight of the Kashmiris. point out the brutalities of the Indian occupation forces. Question the justification of having over a million security personal if the uprising is really only foreign instigated as claimed by India.

Conclusion . Indians despite being the citizens of democracy will continue to ignore the Kashmri right of self determination. Which was very basis of the partition agreed upon Hindu & Muslim leadership with their former colonial masters.

Pakistanis will continue to remind them about the born right of freedom of a human which is the very essence of modern democracy. They will also keep shaking the Indian conscious for this forced & unjust occupation.

And so the debate will go on. I only hope that we as 2 neighbours are able to resolve it amicably according to the wishes of Kashmiri people and not let an outsider monkey to decide it for us because we both will loose out along with the Kashmiris.[/COLOR]

The whole post is off topic. The topic is the ongoing war between Indian Armed forces and Pakistan backed insurgents/ terrorists/ Freedom fighters and not about posting habbits of Indian (India bashing) and Pakistanis (self congratulations).

Post reported..

The whole post is off topic. The topic is the ongoing war between Indian Armed forces and Pakistan backed insurgents/ terrorists/ Freedom fighters and not about posting habbits of Indian (India bashing) and Pakistanis (self congratulations).

Post reported..

Yes we support KASHMIRIS MORALLY AND DIPLOMATICALLY...

And its not us exporting STONES OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND SLOGANS OF MASS DESTRUCTION NOR PAKISTANI FLAGS.

The real terrorists are the 7 lac indian occupying force killing unarmed KASHMIRIS!

SHAME ON INDIA.

Last edited:
Yes we support KASHMIRIS MORALLY AND DIPLOMATICALLY...

And its not us exporting STONES OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND SLOGANS OF MASS DESTRUCTION NOT PAKISTANI FLAGS.

The real terrorists is the 7 lac indian occupying force thts killing unarmed KASHMIRIS!

SHAME ON INDIA.

Sir.. You need to calm down. Most of your post is Unintelligible and incoherent.

Did this also hold guud when Texas joined the US?

Sure...Texas can vote to secede from the United States. Today, no state within the US stays because of coercion. I've once again pointed out that land grabbing colonial times have completely different dynamics compared to agglomerations that exist today.

If you dont know that then how the eff you dare to comment on this?

By your stupid understanding of affairs i would assume the Iran too is a democratic country where majority of the population follow the leader blindly, but then it doesnt seem democratic to you, does it?

If you consider Pakistan so bad why dont you just hand over Kashmir to india and get the shyt cleaned? But you know what, you cant do it, because fortunately there still are few yanks how can think straight and understand the 'real' story.

i really am surprised that a country that had paid so much in the name of freedom (starting from the American civil war till GWoT) still produce such thankless breed. Man, you should have born a Jew during the Holocaust!!

From your signature, I see that you are an extremist.Unfortunately, just like the most of the rest of my country, I too wont listen to extremists.

Raja acceeded at the point of a gun. the very essence of democracy was the victim when the will of the people of Kashmir was totally brushed aside.

That gun, was Pakistani!

He asked India for help, India did - for a price! Nothings free!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom