What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

Considering the love of Italian tech in PAF might be an option as well
View attachment 649849
Leonardo M346 - Fascinating Aircraft.

I've had the pleasure of being up close to it at last years Air Show, and she truly is a beauty.

I suppose you could compare the M346 with a Alfa Romeo Giulia. Small, Fast, Reliable and extremely expensive for its category.

giuliagta02.jpg

PAF currently has 38 K-8's in its inventory.

If we were to compare the M346 with the L-15, this is what it'll look like - more or less.

Compare.jpg

The price quoted for both may be at flyaway conditions. That being said, a fully loaded M346 could actually go up to the price of a JF-17 Block II. Whereas, the Chinese could bring the price down for a loaded L-15.
@araz @airomerix @Hodor @Knuckles @Adam_Khan @GriffinsRule @Akh1112 @HRK @khanasifm @Mirage Battle Commander @mingle @NA71 @Pakistani Fighter @PanzerKiel @Path-Finder @Signalian @Stealth @StormBreaker @TheTallGuy @ziaulislam @PradoTLC

I've had the pleasure of being up close to it at last years Air Show, and she truly is a beauty.

I suppose you could compare the M346 with a Alfa Romeo Giulia. Small, Fast, Reliable and extremely expensive for its category.

giuliagta02.jpg

If we were to compare the M346 with the L-15, this is what it'll look like - more or less.

compare-jpg.650073

The price quoted for both may be at flyaway conditions. That being said, a fully loaded M346 could actually go up to the price of a JF-17 Block II. Whereas, the Chinese could bring the price down for a loaded L-15.
@araz @airomerix @Hodor @Knuckles @Adam_Khan @GriffinsRule @Akh1112 @HRK @khanasifm @Mirage Battle Commander @mingle @NA71 @Pakistani Fighter @PanzerKiel @Path-Finder @Signalian @Stealth @StormBreaker @TheTallGuy @ziaulislam @PradoTLC

possible option and we all know quality has its own merit SAR are Chinese as well and Italian defense industry saw jump of whooping 400/500 Million US $ in couple of years from Pakistan ,some thing from 200 odd million to 700 million $. Pakistan is lucrative market and please for the love of God stop comparing 2 of them ,This is scenario where we are saying PAF needs replacement of trainers

...and please for the love of God stop comparing 2 of them.
Look, its comparison of either these two or the Yak-130 and/or the KAI T-50.

If one is looking for just the purpose of Trainers, than I don't see anything wrong with the L-15, however, if you're looking a lil' extra kick out of 'em..., then yeah - the M346 is ideal.

IMG_20191121_115212.jpg
IMG_20191121_115505.jpg
IMG_20191121_115321.jpg

This is scenario where we are saying PAF needs replacement of trainers
Yeah, ofcourse this is only in the scenario if PAF was looking at replacements of Trainers. Highly unlikely, though.

If one is looking for just the purpose of Trainers, than I don't see anything wrong with the L-15, however, if you're looking a lil' extra kick out of 'em..., then yeah - the M346 is ideal.

Yeah, ofcourse this is only in the scenario if PAF was looking at replacements of Trainers. Highly unlikely, though.

Hell of a kick I agree but will cost more than a JF.17.

giuliagta02.jpg

Alpha Romeo

That's not a big deal. K-8s are flying with American engines right?

Not sure if the other operators are also using the honeywell engine,it has had a superb safety record in Paf. Only one crash in almost 26 years service and that too was due to a bird hit.

I thought Italy offered M346 to Pakistan. I would love PAF to have it but it cost as much as JF-17 block2.

giuliagta02.jpg

PAF can Easily upgrade FT-7pg to LIFT.

PAF can Easily upgrade FT-7pg to LIFT.
Seriously.
At this point - how can you even put 'FT-7pg' and 'upgrade' in the same sentence?

[Jaan chutay uun manhoos jahazö say - jald-say-jald]
I can't wait for them to be replaced by what..., 2025[InshahAllah].

Back
Top Bottom