What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

12 are on order
o_O eh, i'm sorry..., but when did so-called order take place.

As if getting F-16's and J-15's and C-130's and J-35's weren't enough. We now have the M-346 in the fold (too).

@ziaulislam @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
what version of M346?
You mean which Variant.

The M-346FA (Fighter Attack) is the one on steroids.

Jut wanna add that though on Wikipedia is states that the M-346 costs USD $20 Million, however, as late as 2017, the M-346 was being pitched for the USAF T-X Program for USD $25 Million at flyaway cost...

o_O eh, i'm sorry..., but when did so-called order take place.

As if getting F-16's and J-15's and C-130's and J-35's weren't enough. We now have the M-346 in the fold (too).

@ziaulislam @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

You mean which Variant.

The M-346FA (Fighter Attack) is the one on steroids.

Jut wanna add that though on Wikipedia is states that the M-346 costs USD $20 Million, however, as late as 2017, the M-346 was being pitched for the USAF T-X Program for USD $25 Million at flyaway cost...
This was similar to the Saab contract I.e. order from an unknown buyer. Google it.

order from an unknown buyer.
I've known 'bout the 'unknown buyer' since last year, but that does not spell: Pakistan

It could, but than again, it could be someone else.

And what exactly are 12 M-346 supposed to do for the PAF?

I've known 'bout the 'unknown buyer' since last year, but that does not spell: Pakistan

It could, but than again, it could be someone else.

And what exactly are 12 M-346 supposed to do for the PAF?
I doubt it; between K8 and the surplus of hand me downs T37s. if M3/5 saga is the way, i do not believe there will be anything there. The best option is a stripped me down version of JF17b.

Done deal. Slow progression. Once you create the support infrastructure, more will come. The Italian generals are happy!
Leonardo opened office in Pak make sence only if PAF give them reasonable business

Not sure if anyone has seen this video. Don't really have the will to go through 63-pages to see if someone had uploaded in the past.

Anyways, here is a video of Team Sherdils and 360° Option is available if you want to see the rio chilling out.

This is the kinda footage i'd love to have of the F-16.

@Hodor @airomerix @Adam_Khan @Knuckles

Kinda Weird to see, WSO control stick moving around between his legs..

Leonardo M346 - Fascinating Aircraft.

I've had the pleasure of being up close to it at last years Air Show, and she truly is a beauty.

I suppose you could compare the M346 with a Alfa Romeo Giulia. Small, Fast, Reliable and extremely expensive for its category.

giuliagta02.jpg

Alfa Romeo and Reliable in one sentence it's funny to see that.​

If we were to compare the M346 with the L-15, this is what it'll look like - more or less.

The price quoted for both may be at flyaway conditions. That being said, a fully loaded M346 could actually go up to the price of a JF-17 Block II. Whereas, the Chinese could bring the price down for a loaded L-15.
M346 length is wrong in the comparison table.
L-15 seems a better aircraft.

Alfa Romeo and Reliable in one sentence it's funny to see that.​
They are - if you can maintain 'em. Its Italian, so it ain't cheap.
L-15 seems a better aircraft.
If you're talking about cost, then yeah, its a better fit - for Training purpose.

But in terms of comparing the two, the M-346 will have the L-15 for lunch.

With the exception of the new BOEING T-7 Red Hawk (formally Boeing T-X), the best Trainer in the market IS the M-346.

...and that list includes:
LM/KAI T-50 Golden Eagle
Yakovlev Yak-130

Back
Top Bottom