What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

A JF-17 based LIFT could be an interesting idea, something like what the South Koreans did. It would be very cost effective and keep the JF-17 production line hot at times when additional aircraft may not be needed

A JF-17 based LIFT could be an interesting idea, something like what the South Koreans did. It would be very cost effective and keep the JF-17 production line hot at times when additional aircraft may not be needed
Yes - a much lighter version and lower power. it will mean a new design again. L15/Yak-130/M-346 are good candidates but cost again becomes a factor.

Yes - a much lighter version and lower power. it will mean a new design again. L15/Yak-130/M-346 are good candidates but cost again becomes a factor.

Not necessarily, a stripped down JF-17 with a smaller/more basic radar for training alongside the current engine could be interesting since iirc the PAF wanted both radar and afterburner in their LIFT.

You don't need a degree to fix or fly airplanes. A degree doesn't equate good workmanship. Most Pakistanis are so sheltered, can't even do an oil change in their car. They're only book smart and that's about it.

I used to fix airplanes, now i do inspection in big oil companies, and nuclear power plants. News flash - i don't have a degree!
They are also engineers they have to be. Many with advanced degrees including Phds.

file

The Egyptian one in all-white is the model used for training as well as reserved for wartime purposes if needed.
But the Silver Stars aerobatic team has a patriotic design they use like the Pakistani ones and they fly a pretty fun routine. They even name their aircraft like #1 I believe is "Mustafa" and #2 is something like "Mahmoud" loool etc. It's all in fun and they do put on a pretty decent show.

6331-egypt-air-force-namcpac-k-8-karakorum_PlanespottersNet_792111_55d5aa7c47.jpg

Seriously.
At this point - how can you even put 'FT-7pg' and 'upgrade' in the same sentence?

[Jaan chutay uun manhoos jahazö say - jald-say-jald]
I can't wait for them to be replaced by what..., 2025[InshahAllah].
They are good frames F-7p not as much, keep in mind PG's are 15 years younger than the F-7p it is all about maintenance and this is what the Chinese have done for their lift requirements.

They are good frames F-7p not as much, keep in mind PG's are 15 years younger than the F-7p it is all about maintenance and this is what the Chinese have done for their lift requirements.
Fine keep 'em 'round for as long you need, but don't be going about spending money to upgrade them, for God sake.

I don't care what people say 'bout 'em, but those F-7 are a death-trap and i'm more concerned for safety and life of our boys.

You don't need a degree to fix or fly airplanes. A degree doesn't equate good workmanship. Most Pakistanis are so sheltered, can't even do an oil change in their car. They're only book smart and that's about it.

I used to fix airplanes, now i do inspection in big oil companies, and nuclear power plants. News flash - i don't have a degree!

Pakistanis are degree worshippers with often zero practical experience or ability. Apparently acquiring degrees solves everything!

Fine keep 'em 'round for as long you need, but don't be going about spending money to upgrade them, for God sake.

I don't care what people say 'bout 'em, but those F-7 are a death-trap and i'm more concerned for safety and life of our boys.
They are safe plane's our boys try to save an asset less valuable and that what end ups taking jewels away.

Why not water down version of JF17B adopted for future LIFT, it will save us from inductions of entirely new plateform , will be cost effective and also have additional margin in future export JF17B (water down version) as trainer

Why not water down version of JF17B adopted for future LIFT, it will save us from inductions of entirely new plateform , will be cost effective and also have additional margin in future export JF17B (water down version) as trainer

It would also help lower the cost of the JF-17 due to commonality between parts, it would be a seriously good idea infact. You could also perhaps maybe have them convert to full fledged JF-17s during wartime to make up for attrition

Back
Top Bottom