What's new

Karachi's elite schools say no to national anthem

Why do we have so many choootiasss on both sides of the border. How does it matter if it sounds good or not. Don't disrespect each other national anthem just to pick cheap fights. National anthem is national anthem at the end of the day, it is not meant to please you, otherwise it would have been sung by Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin

somebody is talking sense but word of advice remove the swear word or you will get an infraction:p:P:p:P

if i was in government,i would have put forward treason charges against them...

awefully unoriginal??, dude this is not some bollywood movie, its pakistan national anthem, and its not some rip, you get it

btw look how coolit sounds

you are talking to a brick wall that is filled with hate best thing to do is to dont answer him he will derail the thread leave him alone

I was always late for school prayer meeting, where we are supposed to sing a prayer (in local language). National anthem (or even Vande Mataram) was never sung in my school.(other than aug 15 / jan 26)

we sung it everyday and guess what we sung with national pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marching band + Western Classical (type)melody line . still sounds awfully unoriginal and hence uninspiring.

PS I am not trying to troll.

that's what i hear. i am no music guru though.

We are devoid of expertise to devise a new language to make it more 'Original', thus more Inspiring.

are you one of those chuts as well? I said, it doesn't sound good because, it sounds like hundreds of other national anthems esp British commonwealth. Now is that disrespecting? Are a too stupid to even comprehend sentences?

you my friend are insulting the national anthem you who didnt post one thing about the topic just came up and started saying our national anthem was westerns and old nothing kicking like lady gaga:p:P:PP:P if you had any sense you would realize that a national anthem even hummed has done its job as along as it brings patriotism and thats what it does each word bring strenght to the heart listening to it you just cant help loving pakistan and falling in line to defend if you must!!!! that is how national anthems are your vande mahtram and saare jahan say acha must do that for you too and nobody and i mean it nobody has the right to insult or criticize the national anthem

We are devoid of expertise to devise a new language to make it more 'Original', thus more Inspiring.

he wants it like elvis :p:P:P

Why do we have so many choootiasss on both sides of the border. How does it matter if it sounds good or not. Don't disrespect each other national anthem just to pick cheap fights. National anthem is national anthem at the end of the day, it is not meant to please you, otherwise it would have been sung by Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin
lol, why cant we give frank opinion about national anthems (without hurting your sentiments).
Lewis Hamilton complained recently that british national anthem is too short ( he barely gets to stand on podium, where as massa gets 10 mins). Do you think he was being disrespectful?

i respect that. But i am still not guilty as accused. I made the comment with innocent intention and wrote what i felt.

innocent intention you are about to question someones national anthem you know what that would do but you made it anyway i dont see innocence there

lol, why cant we give frank opinion about national anthems (without hurting your sentiments).
Lewis Hamilton complained recently that british national anthem is too short ( he barely gets to stand on podium, where as massa gets 10 mins). Do you think he was being disrespectful?

they may not care about theirs but we do if anyone comments on it then ofcourse you will get the heat we say anything about yours just watch how many would get riled up and face it you all started this offtopic discussion and so far thats derailing the thread which you guys are very good at

pakistan is becoming lawless land

for all the kinds of animals i despise, i despise these elite the most, they dont consider themselves common men

if these schools dont sing national anthem, it means they are traitors, and they need to be jailed

And just how many people in each of those school's administration will u jail for this and on what basis? The answer is not in jailing people. You guys should enact a law that makes it compulsory for any educational institution that operates in Pakistan to set aside 15mins every morning for an 'assembly' with the principal, school heads, staff and students. The routine should include, national anthem, state anthem if any, school song (not necessary unless its a school with a very rich tradition) and general announcements from school administration to staff/students.

Trust me that would work.

You mean all cinemas do it? Which moron made this rule. I go to cinema to have a bit of fun, not to show off my patriotism.
Also singing national anthem everyday in school is a bit too much.

Who else - Sharad Pawar or RR Patil or some such.

not Elvis not gaga. something 'inspiring'. This anthem goes till a point where one gets a glimpse of that but doesn't complete the emotion. may be my talk appears geeky.

just so the some Ch*ts understand, i also don't like American National Anthem much. It doesn't matter. just don't be so sensitive.

What's that supposed to mean?

in the UK we NEVER EVER sung the national anthem in school lol :lol:

I would much rather students say the anthem once a week and spend ten minutes discussing it, rather than rote saying it every day on autopilot.

Back
Top Bottom