What's new

Karachi's elite schools say no to national anthem

The journalist in question is a female. She is on twitter (ID: roghay). She was supposed to meet today with the Principal of RHODENE ACADEMY - one of the schools mentioned in the articles on May 3rd, May 4th and May 5th, but as expected failed to turn up to the meeting. The News, editor for Karachi Muhammed Umer was also supposed to get back to them regarding how he would rectify the mistakes made. Once again from what I have been told, he has failed to respond.

i received the emailed which reads

dude i agree with you, i didnt even ead the name of the journalist

i must say this guy along with marvi sirmad is doing well to create trouble in our society

^^^^^
What else did we expect, the yellow journalism practiced by the Jang group for years, I hope the schools get them for defamation, and clean them out.

the media in pakistan is turning pakistanis against their own country, they dont want to sound positive, the only time they sound positive is when they praise india, this is how pathetic our traitor media is

Can't be tolerated, singing of the National Anthem daily is a tradition that has been carried on since 1947, three private schools can't just do away with it like that. Simply abide by the code of ethics, or the Edu Dept should close these 3 schools down until they feel ready to proceed with this "Waste of Time".

I agree the state must insist on certain core values in Pakistani schools

Thank you for your email. Please do not believe everything you read in print. These articles printed in the News are 100% incorrect and a result of irresponsible journalism.

We at Bay View High have a tradition of students singing the National Anthem, and we inculcate National Pride and Good Citizenship through our educational programmes. Please read our letter to ‘The News’ in response to their defamatory articles.

Sincerely,

The Management and Teachers of Bay View High School

recieved this as an answer hmmm considering other posts then its a major failure of the writer to write such bullshit as this will only create hatred for that school i look forward to more informative posts about this

The school has a legal ground to sue and get compensation from The News.

and get enough cash to make three schools since defamation cant be priced the verdict is solely on the judge for example i was reading a british case where one guy paid a travel agency 35 pounds for a trip turned out the agency didnt give him the hotel they promised and the food sucked too so the guy sued the agency and the judge asked the agency to pay the man back plus 135 pounds for mental anguish and this case is about 40 years back so thats alot of cash and how can we foget the kfc recent 8.5 million dollars

I see that THE NEWS is sort of back tracking on their story now. In todays front page article (May 10th) they have published extracts from emails they have received from Rhodene Academy and BayView High. The schools have re-instated that the report was a lie and both schools hold assemblies every day at the start of which the National Anthem is sung.

I would post a link to the article here but being a new member I am unable to do so.....but I am sure one of the more established members will do so soon.

Furthermore, from contacts at the two of the schools, I have established that the editor has promised that he is still looking in to the matter and will respond after his investigations have been completed. Whether this is a fob-off, they do not know. With regards to the journalist - Sidrah Roghay, well she seems to have gone quiet all of a sudden. She is not answering her mobile phone and has failed to turn up for meetings arranged with one of the school.

I think this is because of the fact that they have misunderstood many things that we may not know. I think they should be convinced that they should teach there Children about ISLAM not as a subject in a book or copy just, but rather What is ISLAM, how to be a good Muslim and other important things that are even essential for non-Muslims as well. I think many Elite Schools have one good thing that is non-co education system, which is appreciable for me.

I think this is because of the fact that they have misunderstood many things that we may not know. I think they should be convinced that they should teach there Children about ISLAM not as a subject in a book or copy just, but rather What is ISLAM, how to be a good Muslim and other important things that are even essential for non-Muslims as well. I think many Elite Schools have one good thing that is non-co education system, which is appreciable for me.
Dude it's fake news - read the damn thread.

can any Karachi residents confirm whether this is true or not?

if it is true, the schools should be banned from being open until the students are ordered to sing the anthem everyday while looking at the flag

Is this true ?

not at all...

there were incidents of flag being brought down by pro-BLA hooligans.....it's no different than when people in your country hung Pakistan flag and it was still there for hours.

it's also true in some areas some of the kids are brainwashed not to sing national anthem...but neither is there a ban, nor do majority hold it in contempt

all Pakistanis must know their national anthem and must salute their holy flag and if they dont - then they can't call themself Pakistani

Back
Top Bottom