What's new

Jordanian Armed Forces JAF

I have a question, are there Iraqi Shia who are named Omar? Because I had an Iraqi student once named Omar and I would bet he is Shia. BTW, I enjoy talking to Iraqis, educated and realistic. and I just love their dialect. I met once a former Iraqi ambassador in Syria in the 70s era.

Yes there are some Shias named Omar and Uthman. But that has changed recently because it has become more known as an specific identity. The previous generations Shias use these names especially "Uthman" and it was a popular name. I lived in Jordan for about a year during my childhood too, I was about 6 but I stil carry some memories. it was nice, clean and safe place. Had a problem getting along with the local Palestinian population though, TBH they weren't so friendly.

Yes there are some Shias named Omar and Uthman. But that has changed recently because it has become more known as an specific identity. The previous generations Shias use these names especially "Uthman" and it was a popular name. I lived in Jordan for about a year during my childhood too, I was about 6 but I stil carry some memories. it was nice, clean and safe place. Had a problem getting along with the local Palestinian population though, TBH they weren't so friendly.
Let me explain it from their point of view regardless of what I think:

Jordanians and Palestinians love Saddam because he has always supported them both. You will see allot of Saddam's pictures in all Jordanian FB pages and Forums. Therefore, according to them, Shia betrayed him and Iraq. Furthermore, Palestinians were massacred and displaced from Iraq by them.

I understand that, most of them loved saddam till death and I sensed that. But I'm talking in about the 1996-97, long before the war. Let me tell you the real reason why palestinians were targeted regardless if it was right or wrong. They helped Saddam put down the Iraqi revolution in 1991 and were responsible for killing hundreds, many of them joined insurgent groups targeting Iraqi civilians and security forces after the invasion. They put themselves in a really tight corner and made the majority of Iraqis dislike them, which was not very wise.

Anyways I don't want to derail the thread. But heres a poem which sums a a few pages of typing. The dialect may be a bit hard to understand, but it this poem pretty sums up the situation. BTW. باوغ=انضر
‫

I understand that, most of them loved saddam till death and I sensed that. But I'm talking in about the 1996-97, long before the war. Let me tell you the real reason why palestinians were targeted regardless if it was right or wrong. They helped Saddam put down the Iraqi revolution in 1991 and were responsible for killing hundreds, many of them joined insurgent groups targeting Iraqi civilians and security forces after the invasion. They put themselves in a really tight corner and made the majority of Iraqis dislike them, which was not very wise.

Wait a minute, it was in 1997?, they weren't nice to you not because you are Shia, that's for sure, maybe it's personal between you and them. before 2002, all we knew about Shia at the time that they love Ali (Ra) more and show respect to him every year (I am not talking about myself but rather most people, even my clan including my family and myself were pro-Iran, people in general loved Hizbullah and Iran at the time), until we watched a very popular series on Al-Mustakillah channel about Shia-Sunni ideologies, I think it was in 2000-2001. Although, we were very shocked from the new info but people still being pro-Iran and Hizbullah because it wasn't easy to just swallow it after watching a couple of series. I myself used to be a fierce fan of Hizbullah until Arab spring. This is the series I am taking about, it was popular to a degree that streets were empty when it used to start.

I am not willing to go off topic but it's important to clarify things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute, it was in 1997?, they weren't nice to you not because you are Shia, that's for sure, maybe it's personal between you and them. before 2002, all we knew about Shia at the time that they love Ali (Ra) more and show respect to him every year (I am not talking about myself but rather most people, even my clan including my family and myself were pro-Iran, people in general loved Hizbullah and Iran at the time), until we watched a very popular series on Al-Mustakillah channel about Shia-Sunni ideologies, I think it was in 2000-2001. Although, we were very shocked from the new info but people still being pro-Iran and Hizbullah because it wasn't easy to just swallow it after watching a couple of series. I myself used to be a fierce fan of Hizbullah until Arab spring. This is the series I am taking about, it was popular to a degree that streets were empty when it used to start.

I am not willing to go off topic but it's important to clarify things up.

It was actually my family were anti-saddam.
I have watched many of the series, I have did my own research and noticed that most of the times neither the Sunnis or the Shias were getting the entire truth. I would answer to most of the issues discussed but it would just derail the whole thread into a never ending debate. I personally believe in a humanistic approach. We don't have to agree on everything, but we treat Muslims as Muslims, and non-Muslims as humans. After having numerous religious debates I noticed that it is useless. It is better for someone to do his own research, or just listen to each theory independently. I personally recommend Kamal Al-Haidery which uses an Acadimic, respectful and calm approach rather than a hate-drive disrespectful and in many of the times emotional based approach.

The Shias are clear about the fundamentals just like every other Muslim. And of course Imamah. Which the prophet promised twelve Imams after him, Shias are the only Muslims which believe in the twelve imams. Anyways I won't post links or videos but if you want search Kamal Alhaidery, He is one of the most knowledgable scholars and he has detailed researches and lectures about all these issues using both Sunni and Shia books.

Nonetheless Hezbollah fought for what's right and for a just cause. Would it be fair for me to ignore all Umar Almukhtar achievements and heroic battles simply because he wasnt a Shia? Same thing for Hezbollah.
لا اله الا الله
محمد رسول الله
علي ولي الله
القران كتابي
الكعبة قبلتي
الاسلام ديني

Anyways back to Jordanian Armed forces. Iraq actually has military cooperation with Jordan and the Iraqi special forces were actually trained in Jordan during their first year. They also took part in the Warriors special forces competition and took first place among the participating Arab forces. I personally believe that alliances should be based on mutual interest and not sectarian divides.

Let me explain it from their point of view regardless of what I think:

Jordanians and Palestinians love Saddam because he has always supported them both. Palestinians were massacred and displaced from Iraq by them.

And they are the ones who prepared his death bed. Jordaniens implanted chips in Irakis sensitives in radar and communications
systems that transited through their country, that rendered the Iraquis air forces and air defences blind during the Bush II invasion and palestinians as always as informants...Reaction by Irakis toward them as of the koweitis is shameful but inderstandable.

First off, you should run a spelling-checking b4 starting an argument. Second, Sadam never allowed UN inspectors to check the entire military-related facility and that's why he got invaded and all.
And they are the ones who prepared his death bed. Jordaniens implanted chips in Irakis sensitives in radar and communications
systems that transited through their country, that rendered the Iraquis air forces and air defences blind during the Bush II invasion and palestinians as always as informants...Reaction by Irakis toward them as of the koweitis is shameful but inderstandable.

@BLACKEAGLE

Al-Khamis is schooling them :rolleyes:

601390_503966996325987_1997695745_n.jpg

556984_435234456510776_1584349159_n.jpg

First off, you should run a spelling-checking b4 starting an argument. Second, Sadam never allowed UN inspectors to check the entire military-related facility and that's why he got invaded and all.

My reply to the above, that was deleted, and me banned for a couple days, still apply. But, I apologize wholeheartedly to your sibling. She was kind, affable,scheherazade has nothing on her after she met this berber...

Saddam got invaded, because of Jordanians and Saoudis sell out states. The last laugh , is when both countries got their behind reamed texas size style by Bush Jr by imposing a shia government, despite the ragged toad and geico moans...

@WebMaster
.-.
My reply to above, that was deleted, and me banned for a couple days, still apply. But, I apologize wholeheartedly to your sibling. She was kind, affable,scheherazade has nothing on her after she met this berber...

Saddam got invaded, because Jordanians and Saoudis... The last laugh , is when both countries got their behind reamed texas size style by Bush Jr by imposing a shia government, despite the ragged toad and geico moans...

Back
Top Bottom