What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

would it not make sense to come up with some kind of extendable pylon
Extendable means you need a mechanism (hydraulics may be) there which means more strong wing, means more weight ... also, with tank closer to wing, will deprive that area of incoming wind, and thus it effectiveness.. so that portion will not contribute to lift. so lift supersedes drag :P
More along the lines of this danger
that is very valid
It's the vacuum created above the wings that hold the plane up not the air pushing up on the wings.
both Bernoulli and Momentum (plus some other phenomena) are responsible for lift..

102894515_10158493607699919_7045959520618150003_o.jpg

My question is to the professional real fighter pilots and aeronautical engineers.

Would it not reduce the drag if the pylon height was reduced to hang the stuff closer to the wing?
Is the pylon height kept so much to reduce the risk of the payload tipping up and hitting the plane when they are released?

If the above two points are correct, would it not make sense to come up with some kind of extendable pylon to keep stuff closer during regular flight and extend it when releasing the payload?

@Bilal Khan 777 @Ark_Angel @airomerix @gambit

View attachment 654623

SSS: Safe Store Separation. The Pylon, length, distance, and stores angle is defined by Strict algorithms learned over thousands of events and millions of hours of simulation. Visual aesthetics don't define aircraft design.

I was just stating from memory of reading Pakdef and PDF from ages past. Either my memory is faulty or the time is faster since the prototype effort. (or both).
It takes less than an hour to change the engine. You can imagine the rest. 15 minutes for installation of IFR probe sounds right.

My question is to the professional real fighter pilots and aeronautical engineers.

Would it not reduce the drag if the pylon height was reduced to hang the stuff closer to the wing?
Is the pylon height kept so much to reduce the risk of the payload tipping up and hitting the plane when they are released?

If the above two points are correct, would it not make sense to come up with some kind of extendable pylon to keep stuff closer during regular flight and extend it when releasing the payload?

@Bilal Khan 777 @Ark_Angel @airomerix @gambit

View attachment 654623
There would be stability issues, I don’t know how to explain it to you, Let’s say, You hold some weights on both hands, Stand normally, Weights facing the ground, hands straight down.

Now, Just think, If you lift and stick both weights to your shoulders, You would easily tilt or fall off as compared to hanging weights on straight hands.

It is all about stability

How many thunders in PAF inventory has got this air to air refueling capability ?

As per the aselpod team I met in DIMDEX, current aselpod doesnot has Any Datalink i.e No Hardware whatsoever for Datalink so Link-17 wont work either . Even if they plan to add Data link in distant future, Current existing PODS that PAF purchased wont be capable to be upgraded. They will have to buy new Data Linked Pods.

Aselpod doesn't need to directly talk to other jets. Aselpod feeds the jet it is umbilically connected to, and let's that jet share the data using link 17 or whatever. It's like having a USB camera rather than a wifi camera, in very simple terms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom