What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I am not an aeronautical engineer but belong to healthcare.I love Pakistan to developing a power state. Jet fighter and missiles save a country from enemies today.I am optimistic about JF-17 Thunber block 3. But my concern is to find out if it will beat Rafale and Russian new
SU /Mig, which India got from Russia. What engine for JF-17 TH. Block3 is better,powerfull,stable RD-93MA engine OR WS-13 ??
What missiles will PAF use in these jet fighters and are those comparable to Indian missiles in their jet fighters ?
Is China giving four Attack UAM Drones to Pakistan or is rumors ?
Kindly answer in educated, patriotic manner .

but its not 'Aab' but Nad which I think is not a proper word ...
Panjnad(پنجند) is the area where the 5 rivers meet(consolidating into one river "Sindh" that then flows out to the sea). "Nad" I think is a Punjabi word(like panj is for 5)...other variations are "nadi"(ندی) and "nadiya"(ندیا) and in English I think it translates to "river"...
...so "panjnad" would be "five rivers". In case of "Punjab"(پنجاب)...its literal translation would mean "five waters"..."Aab"(آب) here is of Persian origin.

Panjnad is the area where the 5 rivers meet(consolidating into one river "Sindh" that then flows out to the sea). "Nad" I think is a Punjabi word(like panj is for 5)...other variations are "nadi" and "nadiya" and in English I think it translates to "river"...
...so "panjnad" would be "five rivers". In case of "Punjab"...its literal translation would mean "five waters"..."Aab" here is of Persian origin.

Its 15 m from our town
When i was in high school we go everytime there on bikes. We use word punj lun as a joke:hitwall::rofl:

If someone ask kidher ja rahy ho him bolty punj lun per chalo gay kya:D

Its 15 m from our town
When i was in high school we go everytime there on bikes. We use word punj lun as a joke:hitwall::rofl:

I wanted to visit that area before my family and I were going to permanently leave for the US. Someone in my school had told me about it...that it's where the five rivers meet...and I just wanted to see it for myself.

It didn't happen...my family, my extended family and all...instead took a trip to the northern areas...and afterwards we all left for the US. Now I don't have any family left in Pak...and so haven't really visited in more than a decade. Hopefully I will get around to it soon.

Its 15 m from our town

If I do visit...dinner is on me Imran Bhai...since u live close by. No alcohol though :astagh:

The seat is designed to break the canopy. That's how it is in all modern fighters incase the canopy ejection system fails
Looking at the large shards of canopy glass, i doubt the safety of this ejection method?
These are pictures of Thunder B ejection tests in China.

View attachment 653260
View attachment 653259
There is a explosive charge running on top of the canopy to break glass. Visible line in front seat canopy visible, runs around the edges and top.
EdPBJGmWsAALiVL[1].jpg

So it is pronounced as Panj-jand .... ???
Panj -Nad. I am really surprised someone with your knowledge wasnt aware of this. It was one of GK question we used to get in tests etc.

Someone cleared it in above posts too.

Name
but its not 'Aab' but Nad which I think is not a proper word ...
One pod offers Five capabilities, and thus the name. It's a fascinating object which has increased the capabilities of Jf17 by many folds which due to limited space cannot carry multiple pods at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom