What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Looking at the large shards of canopy glass, i doubt the safety of this ejection method?
These are pictures of Thunder B ejection tests in China.

EdPBJGmWsAALiVL[1].jpg

EdPBJGqXsAkZ5Pp[1].jpg

They are exactly the same size. Anyone with photo editing skills can measure them or try to cut pic of one and overlap it above the other to see if there is any size difference.
Count using the square division on the ground bro, Forgot KG mathematics?

They are exactly the same size. Anyone with photo editing skills can measure them or try to cut pic of one and overlap it above the other to see if there is any size difference.
Exactly the same, Single seater seams a but lengthier but insignificant

This is not how it happens normally. This is an extreme test simulating the condition if incase the canopy blaster does not work the pilot should still be able to eject. As the seat protrudes much higher than the pilots head, he would be safe.

Normally the canopy is blasted away frist in the sequence before the ejection seat rockets fire

Looking at the large shards of canopy glass, i doubt the safety of this ejection method?
These are pictures of Thunder B ejection tests in China.

View attachment 653260
View attachment 653259

ECM? or Telemetry Pod? @JamD

That's right, as above posts mentioned, its KG-600. But to me it looks a bit different from regular Chinese KG-600, if you notice PAF pods have firm oval head whereas Chinese KG-600 head shape is not oval. There's something fishy about PAF KG-600.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom