What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I am not an aeronautical engineer but belong to healthcare.I love Pakistan to developing a power state. Jet fighter and missiles save a country from enemies today.I am optimistic about JF-17 Thunber block 3. But my concern is to find out if it will beat Rafale and Russian new
SU /Mig, which India got from Russia. What engine for JF-17 TH. Block3 is better,powerfull,stable RD-93MA engine OR WS-13 ??
What missiles will PAF use in these jet fighters and are those comparable to Indian missiles in their jet fighters ?
Is China giving four Attack UAM Drones to Pakistan or is rumors ?
Kindly answer in educated, patriotic manner .
Those don’t always go together - please clear your misconceptions about educated answers needing to be patriotic as well.

Then you can use a thread search on the overall forum to get your answers too.

Panj -Nad. I am really surprised someone with your knowledge wasnt aware of this. It was one of GK question we used to get in tests etc.

Someone cleared it in above posts too.
like it is said
یوں تو ہمیں زندگی سے کچھ گلہ نہ تھا
معلوم تھا سب مگر کچھ معلوم نہ تھا

So knowledge is not how much one know but the realization that how much one don't know ....

Yes in saraiki panjnand also
What?
You are saraiki?
Some members of our family decided to marry among saraiki, and i don't get a word of what those"new relatives" are saying :lol:

It's known as Punjnad pod within PAF. Integrated with Jf17 fleet for past three years.
So it has 5 capabilities or does it leak like 5 rivers flowing ? :D

What?
You are saraiki?
Some members of our family decided to marry among saraiki, and i don't get a word of what those"new relatives" are saying :lol:

So it has 5 capabilities or does it leak like 5 rivers flowing ? :D
Then you have to learn it sir

https://www.falcons.pk/photo/JF-17-Thunder/1921

Photo-1921.JPG

Name

One pod offers Five capabilities, and thus the name. It's a fascinating object which has increased the capabilities of Jf17 by many folds which due to limited space cannot carry multiple pods at the same time.

Can you eloborate on this?
EW, FLIR, targeting?

My question is to the professional real fighter pilots and aeronautical engineers.

Would it not reduce the drag if the pylon height was reduced to hang the stuff closer to the wing?
Is the pylon height kept so much to reduce the risk of the payload tipping up and hitting the plane when they are released?

If the above two points are correct, would it not make sense to come up with some kind of extendable pylon to keep stuff closer during regular flight and extend it when releasing the payload?

@Bilal Khan 777 @Ark_Angel @airomerix @gambit

Thunder.jpg

My question is to the professional real fighter pilots and aeronautical engineers.

Would it not reduce the drag if the pylon height was reduced to hang the stuff closer to the wing?
Is the pylon height kept so much to reduce the risk of the payload tipping up and hitting the plane when they are released?

If the above two points are correct, would it not make sense to come up with some kind of extendable pylon to keep stuff closer during regular flight and extend it when releasing the payload?

@Bilal Khan 777 @Ark_Angel @airomerix @gambit

View attachment 654623
I ain't no aeronautical engineering but i can say that such an arrangement will disrupt the air flow and reduce the lift generated by the Wings.

The airflow that lifts the plane is above the wings not below. It's the vacuum created above the wings that hold the plane up not the air pushing up on the wings.

I ain't no aeronautical engineering but i can say that such an arrangement will disrupt the air flow and reduce the lift generated by the Wings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom