What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I hope you can countView attachment 598111
As far your light aircraft bs even a small trainer Yak-130 has more hardpoints than jft count it alsoView attachment 598112
Jft is no doubt a good fighter jet but we Pakistanis want is to be the best in its category.....
And As a matter of fact at last jft has to go to resist against these mki junks....

Hello brother what i was saying that yes it can carry 12-14 missile without a doubt but to actually use an air craft in such configuration in an actual combat is not a very realistic scenario, yes for pictures/show of force it will fly with 12-14 AAM missile in accords to the YAK-130 its hard points max out at 250 kg and wet plumb at 450 kg while the JFT max out is almost twice of the yak-130. Now where you are mistaken is calling the yak a "small trainer" it might be 10 or so feet shorter than the f-16/JFT but its wing area is greater from the JFT by utmost 14 inches and very near to the f-16 the yak just being off by a couple of inches.

One can classify the yak as a tandem seat light strike fighter or a light fighter which is also a very capable fighter
trainer.

I have attached some pictures of what some fighters are capable to carry and what they actually carry (hope you can count)

there are ways to make the jf-17 better but adding more hard points is not a potent benefit, DER can do the job for your 4 bvr fetish, what we actually need is the best radar and a longer ranged by maneuverable missile with out standing no-escape

These images look good for photoshoots but not feasible for combat missions....also remember YAK-130 is alsoa twin-engine jet.
Absolutely they are outstanding for photo shoot but not practicality, btw I have been reading your posts since i was 10

Hello brother what i was saying that yes it can carry 12-14 missile without a doubt but to actually use an air craft in such configuration in an actual combat is not a very realistic scenario, yes for pictures/show of force it will fly with 12-14 AAM missile in accords to the YAK-130 its hard points max out at 250 kg and wet plumb at 450 kg while the JFT max out is almost twice of the yam-130. know where you are mistaken is calling the yak a "small trainer" it might be 10 or so feet shorter than the f-16 but its wing area is greater from the JFT by utmost 14 inches.

One can classify the yak as a tandem seat light strike fighter or a light fighter which is also very capable fighter
trainer.

I have attached some pictures of what some fighters are capable to carry and what they actually carry (hope you can count)

there are ways to make the jf-17 better but adding more hard points is not a potent benefit, DER can do the job for your 4 bvr fetish, what we actually need is the best radar and a longer ranged by maneuverable missile with out standing no-escape

Absolutely they are outstanding for photo shoot but not practicality, btw I have been reading your posts since i was 10
Hello brother what i was saying that yes it can carry 12-14 missile without a doubt but to actually use an air craft in such configuration in an actual combat is not a very realistic scenario, yes for pictures/show of force it will fly with 12-14 AAM missile in accords to the YAK-130 its hard points max out at 250 kg and wet plumb at 450 kg while the JFT max out is almost twice of the yam-130. know where you are mistaken is calling the yak a "small trainer" it might be 10 or so feet shorter than the f-16 but its wing area is greater from the JFT by utmost 14 inches.

One can classify the yak as a tandem seat light strike fighter or a light fighter which is also very capable fighter
trainer.

I apologize for my spelling mistakes I was in an extreme hurry but i hope you get the point

Why these kids don't learn---it is beyond me---.
Exactly the reason why i joined PDF is that so many people compare things out of the category for the jf-17 and basically object, fuss and grouch about almost ever damn thing the jf-17 stands for, is it the ultra super beast beast mode fighter ....... NO! but can it do pakistan's required job :guns:YES. It is hilarious to see what people think by no means am I an experts but I know some stuff.

NA POHEGUM ZU CHI MASALA SA DA DU TA

Attachments

• aim120_2.jpg
    aim120_2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 107
  • cf-18_hornet.jpg
    cf-18_hornet.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 107
  • f-14-053.jpg
    f-14-053.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 104
  • wpid-fb_img_1422695683489.jpg
    wpid-fb_img_1422695683489.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 106
  • cf-18_hornet.jpg
    cf-18_hornet.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 111
  • wg2014-0437-0020-1180.jpg
    wg2014-0437-0020-1180.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • NFkXO5Hsvqg.jpg
    NFkXO5Hsvqg.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
As far your light aircraft bs even a small trainer Yak-130 has more hardpoints than jft count it alsoView attachment 598112
Jft is no doubt a good fighter jet but we Pakistanis want is to be the best in its category.....
And As a matter of fact at last jft has to go to resist against these mki junks....
What would happen to the wing of Yak-130 if it went supersonic with all those stores hanging under the wings (assuming it can go supersonic for the sake of argument). Lets not even factor in high G turns in that configuration.

What would happen to the wing of Yak-130 if it went supersonic with all those stores hanging under the wings (assuming it can go supersonic for the sake of argument). Lets not even factor in high G turns in that configuration.

The YAK can't go supersonic.

Hello

Nothing will happen to the Load out as I assume the equipment on the yak under its wing is designed to withstand supersonic pressure

For argument sake lets say that the yak pilot was to ignore all G load factors for the load out that it is on the air craft and was some how able to go supersonic and then override the computer in terms of G the answer is simple.

The Load (PODS,Bombs and Tanks) will rip apart firstly and also possibly damaging the whole FCS and if the yak still were to continue severe over G without the pilot blacking out than the wing will shred off but looking at the YAKS wing it has a pretty beefed up leading edge and LERX these two dont have any thing to do with the wing shredding factor but it does benefit in the strength of the wing it will be an extremely high extremely sharp yank on the stick to shred a wing as wings are very very strong but any thing that is not a missile has a very high probability of being either damaged or just rip off the ejector/hard point.

Crazy story, My Aeronautics prof told me that one of his student did a loop in a bonanza and he was too fast too heavy with 2 other passengers, when he landed every body noticed a crease in the fuselage and the wings were fine

Last edited:
SU30MKI also has two dozen hard points, did that save it from Falcons or Thunders?

Sir,
F-16 Saab Gripen are also single engine fighter jets and has additional hard points....
So what was the logic behind it?

Hi,

Saab Grippen is made by a COMMERCIAL ENTITY---so you may find coffee cup holders---cigarette lighter socket---and other accesories bla bla bla and 9 hard points.

OTOH---the JF17 is the product of an Air Force---. To the point---precise---functional in its utility---no show off---no pomp---just a pure work horse---.

Please remember---most fighter aircrafts would not be able to launch even a single missile before they got hit---Abhinandan's Mig 21 an example

Sir,
F-16 Saab Gripen are also single engine fighter jets and has additional hard points....
So what was the logic behind it?
SU30MKI also has two dozen hard points, did that save it from Falcons or Thunders?

We should not underestimate the su30mki with 4 bvrs and 2 wvr and a tank half full the su30 mki could be ONE BAD BITCH in the right hands. What really kills the 30MikekiloIndia is its early detection, you spot it early and you plan for it (assuming he has no awacs to tell him where you are).

Nevertheless the only good SU30 is a dead SU30.

Hi,

Saab Grippen is made by a COMMERCIAL ENTITY---so you may find coffee cup holders---cigarette lighter socket---and other accesories bla bla bla and 9 hard points.

OTOH---the JF17 is the product of an Air Force---. To the point---precise---functional in its utility---no show off---no pomp---just a pure work horse---.

Please remember---most fighter aircrafts would not be able to launch even a single missile before they got hit---Abhinandan's Mig 21 an example
As I stated it is for practical use before it got called bs.

The factors that help it to be detected earlier, besides is massive size are the weapons hanging from two dozen hard points.

A contemporary air battle is not a game of endurance or strength rather smarts and speed, you shoot and you leave the area, let the enemy with two dozen weapons hanging under his wings evade or dodge the incoming messengers of death.

We should not underestimate the su30mki with 4 bvrs and 2 wvr and a tank half full the su30 mki could be ONE BAD BITCH in the right hands. What really kills the 30MikekiloIndia is its early detection, you spot it early and you plan for it (assuming he has no awacs to tell him where you are).

Nevertheless the only good SU30 is a dead SU30.

As I stated it is for practical use before it got called bs.

ECtk7kMW4AAHVAv.jpg
The factors that help it to be detected earlier, besides is massive size are the weapons hanging from two dozen hard points.

A contemporary air battle is not a game of endurance or strength rather smarts and speed, you shoot and you leave the area, let the enemy with two dozen weapons hanging under his wings evade or dodge the incoming messengers of death.
Exactly as previously mentioned that the top three factors not to carry 12-14 what ever the su-30 carries.View attachment 598147

"14" missile it is not very realistic to fly it into combat because of 3 major factor.
1) HUGE RCS every one will know where it is
2) Heavy weight will severely affect its performance (all aspects)
3) Parasite drag"View attachment 598147

"The Key to beat BVR missile is speed and that too at low altitude if you are high and slow you are DEAD but if you are at your optimal speed for maneuverability at the time of initial phase of defend and you can spool your engines ASAP to get to mach speeds you are pretty much good"

ok quality control expert tell us what exactly they are doing wrong?
as long as jf are flying i dont care even if they drill holes with their feet.

Sir G, we will consider them more skilled than those who are drilling holes with hands ... :lol:.

Our mirages and F7PG use the MK10.

The F-16 uses the McDonnell-Douglas ACES II

Even our some EX-F6s were also modified with MBs; but no idea about their fate after decommissioning.
Anticipate, those seats definitely utilised in some other projects.

Hello brother what i was saying that yes it can carry 12-14 missile without a doubt but to actually use an air craft in such configuration in an actual combat is not a very realistic scenario, yes for pictures/show of force it will fly with 12-14 AAM missile in accords to the YAK-130 its hard points max out at 250 kg and wet plumb at 450 kg while the JFT max out is almost twice of the yak-130. Now where you are mistaken is calling the yak a "small trainer" it might be 10 or so feet shorter than the f-16/JFT but its wing area is greater from the JFT by utmost 14 inches and very near to the f-16 the yak just being off by a couple of inches.

One can classify the yak as a tandem seat light strike fighter or a light fighter which is also a very capable fighter
trainer.

I apologize for my spelling mistakes I was in an extreme hurry but i hope you get the point

Exactly the reason why i joined PDF is that so many people compare things out of the category for the jf-17 and basically object, fuss and grouch about almost ever damn thing the jf-17 stands for, is it the ultra super beast beast mode fighter ....... NO! but can it do pakistan's required job :guns:YES. It is hilarious to see what people think by no means am I an experts but I know some stuff.

NA POHEGUM ZU CHI MASALA SA DA DU TA
are you ex-military?

Back
Top Bottom