What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

No actually you reminded me of my little daughter who always want her dolls to be colorful. So grow up kid.

Try to learn from senior members and if you keep behaving like a little kid and no one will take you and your post seriously.
You were the one with the childish reply about the fighter jet not being a barbie doll. We are all free to reply to each other in an adult and constructive manner. If you don't have anything useful to contribute please don't post nonsense. It's not a race to see who makes the most posts or receives the most thanks for making sarcastic comments or trying to mock the posts of others, but it appears that you became a senior member with thousands of such replies.

Maybe limitations from technology available for us at the start of the project ? Engine, radar, etc... and of course without forgetting budget available ?

I’m not expert so I could be wrong.

It has nothing to do with budgeting except it’s first time planning and building a jet — but even then his experience as F-16 pilot should have given that much foresight.

The person who designed JF-17 with less than 2 hardpoints should be given the Musharraf like punishment....
I mean how it was impossible to add 2 additional hardpoints under jft?
There should be a trial for PAF officials for not considering 2 additional hardpoints....
I mean how these people can live in fantasy word?
Who are they to not add a hard point underwing ? To calm there mental pests?
The reality is that Mki can carry 14 R-77
Archers..... @Imran Khan
Light Weight Fighter.
Understand the term.

It has nothing to do with budgeting except it’s first time planning and building a jet — but even then his experience as F-16 pilot should have given that much foresight.

PAF could have planned for a Jet like X-Wing from the start. But hey you can plan only with what is available to you when nobody is ready to offer you to fulfill the basics requirements for your project.

We can find lot of shortcomings to JF17, and I am (even being poor civilian without knowledge in aeronautics) the first to shout (silently) against the them, but we should stay realistic. They made the best with what was available to them.

We have seen F16s with al least 4 AMRAAMs, 2 Sidewinders + Fuel tanks perform these CAPs. How can the JF17 be an adequate substitute for that level of firepower with only 2 SD10s? ... or has PAF taken to flying 2 JF17s for every 1 F16 to compenstate for the deficiency ?? Does this not represent a degradation of CAP capbility near the LOC right when we need more ?

Hi,

Fighter aircraft fly in pairs at the minimum---sometimes three or four---.

Even if the F16's were flying---they will be in pairs---. I very much doubt a single aircraft on a CAP---.

We do it know the details of block 3 yet so who knows

MAy be wingtip now strengthen to carry heavy load

Plus 4x bvr plus 2 x short range is a decent load for jf for a2a mission

You were the one with the childish reply about the fighter jet not being a barbie doll. We are all free to reply to each other in an adult and constructive manner. If you don't have anything useful to contribute please don't post nonsense. It's not a race to see who makes the most posts or receives the most thanks for making sarcastic comments or trying to mock the posts of others, but it appears that you became a senior member with thousands of such replies.
Keep crying like a kid. Your post is just like your wish of colorful fighter.

Niw stop wasting my time and forum bandwidth if you have any complain against me go tell your mama. Otherwise you can act mature and try to understand that your wish is a stupid one and comparison with russia is double stupid as they have throusands of fighter aircraft and our planes are insuffecient as compared to adversary.

well the load out depends from mission to mission..... 2 SD10 are enough on a routine CAP......
why overload the aircraft for each sortie????
As i can see that 10 years back we only used to operate with 2 -4 AIM missiles!!!

What did you use to fly, where and how many hours total you have ? I am sure you have your log book handy

Please share I am interested in your experience based on your statement above

Thanks [emoji4]

The person who designed JF-17 with less than 2 hardpoints should be given the Musharraf like punishment....
There should be a trial for PAF officials for not considering 2 additional hardpoints....
Archers..... @Imran Khan
So you want to punish the Chinese engineers now hahaha

Archers..... @Imran Khan
The notion of a LIGHT WEIGHT fighter is it's practicality of weight in terms of ordinance/Weapon system package and the size of the aircraft over all, think of a light weight fighter as a designated fighting machine where it is used to fight off enemy fighter in considerable numbers and quick engagements hence a "practical machine".

In regards to the JF-17 Thunder, it is not a light weight fighter any more but has evolved into a multi role fighter which is a little more buffed than your usual light classified fighter. It is suppose to full fill our needs and be cost effective, JF-17 is doing our needs well and hence we need not to worry about more hard points, more production numbers or a changed air frame design. There are ways to make it better.

Su-30mki is a great "Heavy Fighter" capable of long range/endurance Combat Air patrol and out standing load characteristics "Heavy fighter" but with "14" missile it is not very realistic to fly it into combat because of 3 major factor.
1) HUGE RCS every one will know where it is
2) Heavy weight will severely affect its performance (all aspects)
3) Parasite drag

The Key to beat BVR missile is speed and that too at low altitude if you are high and slow you are DEAD but if you are at your optimal speed for maneuverability at the time of initial phase of defend and you can spool your engines ASAP to get to mach speeds you are pretty much good

The notion of a LIGHT WEIGHT fighter is it's practicality of weight in terms of ordinance/Weapon system package and the size of the aircraft over all, think of a light weight fighter as a designated fighting machine where it is used to fight off enemy fighter in considerable numbers and quick engagements hence a "practical machine".

In regards to the JF-17 Thunder, it is not a light weight fighter any more but has evolved into a multi role fighter which is a little more buffed than your usual light classified fighter. It is suppose to full fill our needs and be cost effective, JF-17 is doing our needs well and hence we need not to worry about more hard points, more production numbers or a changed air frame design. There are ways to make it better.

Su-30mki is a great "Heavy Fighter" capable of long range/endurance Combat Air patrol and out standing load characteristics "Heavy fighter" but with "14" missile it is not very realistic to fly it into combat because of 3 major factor.
1) HUGE RCS every one will know where it is
2) Heavy weight will severely affect its performance (all aspects)
3) Parasite drag

The Key to beat BVR missile is speed and that too at low altitude if you are high and slow you are DEAD but if you are at your optimal speed for maneuverability at the time of initial phase of defend and you can spool your engines ASAP to get to mach speeds you are pretty much good
I hope you can count
images - 2020-01-06T023407.375.jpeg

As far your light aircraft bs even a small trainer Yak-130 has more hardpoints than jft count it also
images - 2020-01-06T023612.147.jpeg

Jft is no doubt a good fighter jet but we Pakistanis want is to be the best in its category.....
And As a matter of fact at last jft has to go to resist against these mki junks....

I hope you can countView attachment 598111
As far your light aircraft bs even a small trainer Yak-130 has more hardpoints than jft count it alsoView attachment 598112
Jft is no doubt a good fighter jet but we Pakistanis want is to be the best in its category.....
And As a matter of fact at last jft has to go to resist against these mki junks....
These images look good for photoshoots but not feasible for combat missions....also remember YAK-130 is alsoa twin-engine jet.

These images look good for photoshoots but not feasible for combat missions....also remember YAK-130 is alsoa twin-engine jet.
Sir,
F-16 Saab Gripen are also single engine fighter jets and has additional hard points....
So what was the logic behind it?

Back
Top Bottom