What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Pakistan_JF-17_(modified).jpg

SAW JF17 on DCS performs really well in their. However, due to some members concern I checked and noticed players complaining it too but to me its DCS game issue that gun is pointed downwards and not properly centered. In real life that would make Jeff weak. Its not in real life dcs fans.

Hopefully these JF-17s and J-10Cs will replace Pakistan's F-16s forever. No more buying American equipment ever again.

Too many times have Pakistan been double crossed by USA. At least China treats us like a friend and not like a walked on carpet.

SAW JF17 on DCS performs really well in their. However, due to some members concern I checked and noticed players complaining it too but to me its DCS game issue that gun is pointed downwards and not properly centered. In real life that would make Jeff weak. Its not in real life dcs fans.
Hi,

A proper gun would have been frame mounted---and integral part of the frame above the wings or in line with the length of the frame---.

This gun is NOT NEEDED for any worthwhile purpose. It is a waste of energy and resource---.

Hi,

A proper gun would have been frame mounted---and integral part of the frame above the wings or in line with the length of the frame---.

This gun is NOT NEEDED for any worthwhile purpose. It is a waste of energy and resource---.

Then why is it there ? PAF wouldnt with its tight budget waste energy and resources. It may have limited usages but not entirely useless. Removing it may reduce even further rcs the way it is positioned. Reduce weight but its their for a purpose.

Then why is it there ? PAF wouldnt with its tight budget waste energy and resources. It may have limited usages but not entirely useless. Removing it may reduce even further rcs the way it is positioned. Reduce weight but its their for a purpose.
For ground attacks.
8 degrees slanted downwards

Could be that it is remotely adjustable for dogfight and aa. If its fixes then I guess its not for dogfight and pretty useless. CAS against AD protected areas is suicidal.
No the gun is not for dogfight.
Thunder needs to keep some distance with enemy aircrafts for successful air engagement. At distance its missiles are more effective than F-16.
But at close quarters, its effectively unarmed for air combat as gun pointing downward and missiles don't work at very sort ranges.
That's why it needs F-16 on the team for handling that exact situation.
Remember Surprise day?
That's why F-16 were in the air.
Thunders were in the attack party and long range air engagement.

Back
Top Bottom