What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

PAF rates it as good as the 9L/M. It was preferred over HMS linked 9C. Don't buy dcs gimmick.
When was HMS linked AIM-9 ever an option for the JF-17(hint, never). Not even sure what a 9C is but im just going to assume you mean 9L.

Maybe in the sabre days, but those days are very different to JF-17 days. The PAF always looked towards others, namely SA and France for the wpns package of JF-17. The French even approved RC-400 and MICA-EM+IR.

When was HMS linked AIM-9 ever an option for the JF-17(hint, never). Not even sure what a 9C is but im just going to assume you mean 9L.

Maybe in the sabre days, but those days are very different to JF-17 days. The PAF always looked towards others, namely SA and France for the wpns package of JF-17. The French even approved RC-400 and MICA-EM+IR.
Pl9c with HMS was offered on thunder earlier. PAF opted for 5e2 and requested hmds with hobs missile. Initially, we were keen on Brazilian MAA1B for hobs but the deal never took off.
I never mentioned 9L/M with HMS or hmds.

PAF rates it as good as the 9L/M. It was preferred over HMS linked 9C. Don't buy dcs gimmick.

Not to go off topic too much but how is the efficacy gauged? Through live fire trials against target drones or something else?

Not to go off topic too much but how is the efficacy gauged? Through live fire trials against target drones or something else?
Seeker and system performance against targets, countermeasures, shelf life, against targets of various sizes, speed and agility at various altitudes. They also test through custom simulations.

Early versions of sd10 had meager shelf life but the ones bought later are pretty darn good. Hence thunders carrying more Live rounds lately.

Infact, sd10a and AIM120 C5 are close analogs with their respective fanbase.

Ft0l9j4aEAADqbE

A soft reminder to our enemies no matter if they are sitting in the east or in the west that any misadventure against the sovereignty of Pakistan and its people will result in loss of your generations to come.
FuOoyKKaYAI7WHE

A soft reminder to our enemies no matter if they are sitting in the east or in the west that any misadventure against the sovereignty of Pakistan and its people will result in loss of your generations to come.
FuOoyKKaYAI7WHE
I am just happy we displayed glide bombs and now Russians using glide bombs and are considered dangerous against patriots. Our PAF knows planing well in so much small spending.

I am just happy we displayed glide bombs and now Russians using glide bombs and are considered dangerous against patriots. Our PAF knows planing well in so much small spending.
Hi,

Pak air force is pioneer of laser guided bombs from the early 80's.

Possibly---the one's israel used on iraq facility---the original design was done by pakistan---sold / shared with the US.

The laser guided bomb design information was shared with me in 1985 by a pakistani sqdrn leader based at Hill AFB & living in Ogden Utah. Pak military had come up with the design---sold the design to the US---the royalty would be shared after 5000 units sold

How authentic is the information---? He is the first survivor of a broken neck after ejecting from a mig 19 over shorkot area in the late 70's. Not too many sqdrn ldrs with those credentials in paf involved with the paf in f-16 equipment procurement based in utah.

Hi,

Possibly---the one's israel used on iraq facility---the original design was done by pakistan---sold / shared with the US.

The laser guided bomb design information was shared with me in 1985 by a pakistani sqdrn leader based at Hill AFB & living in Ogden Utah. Pak military had come up with the design---sold the design to the US---the royalty would be shared after 5000 units sold

How authentic is the information---? He is the first survivor of a broken neck after ejecting from a mig 19 over shorkot area in the late 70's. Not too many sqdrn ldrs with those credentials in paf involved with the paf in f-16 equipment procurement based in utah.
That is a shocker

Hi,

Why is PAF not credited then. Between in vietnam war paveway lgb were used.

That is a shocker
Hi,

This information was first hand face to face in Ogden Utah at his place of residence---. There was no reason for him to mislead me or tell me something that was not true---.

I have written this information on this forum multiple times but no one has stepped up.

His personal information of a pilot who ejected an F 6 around Shorkot AB and fractured / broke his neck and survived---that is one of a kind unique information---someone would know him---age group now---70 / 75.

He was the first pilot to survive broken neck after ejecting out of the F-6

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom