What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

block 3 is replacing pl-5 with pl-10 s ;)

I am more concerned about dual racks for BVR, Indians are trying to get see first shoot first capability, so i doubt paf will neglect this issues of bvr over wvr.

I am more concerned about dual racks for BVR, Indians are trying to get see first shoot first capability, so i doubt paf will neglect this issues of bvr over wvr.
DERs are a part of Block 3 package and have been shown at least on some models. @messiach had told us they are already incorporated on block 2s but not used except in emergency situation for preservation of air frames. I see no reason why they will not be there on block 3s. You will need HOBS for the merge if both parties escape the bvrs but if that is the case use of HOBS missiles in WVR will ensure MAD in both cases.
A

DERs are a part of Block 3 package and have been shown at least on some models. @messiach had told us they are already incorporated on block 2s but not used except in emergency situation for preservation of air frames. I see no reason why they will not be there on block 3s. You will need HOBS for the merge if both parties escape the bvrs but if that is the case use of HOBS missiles in WVR will ensure MAD in both cases.
A

I wonder how confident PAF is with the JF dog fight and WVR fighting capabilities, the feb 2019 one we know was F-16 so?

block 3 is replacing pl-5 with pl-10 s ;)

You don't necessarily need IRST for HMD/S HOBS missile combo, e.g. the JHMCS/AIM-9X combo, rather IRST, or a DAS type system on the F-35, is for long range passive threat detection. Although in theory the new IR-based MAWS detectors on the Block III could detect aircraft, I doubt they will be of the quality needed or the appropriate signal processing installed. Instead, the most likely solution will be an IRST similar to the one on the J-10C.

You don't necessarily need IRST for HMD/S HOBS missile combo, e.g. the JHMCS/AIM-9X combo, rather IRST, or a DAS type system on the F-35, is for long range passive threat detection. Although in theory the new IR-based MAWS detectors on the Block III could detect aircraft, I doubt they will be of the quality needed or the appropriate signal processing installed. Instead, the most likely solution will be an IRST similar to the one on the J-10C.

MAWS is missiles approach and warning system not sure how you are using it instead of IRST which is basically a ir camera

please explain? Because both are on IR spectrum ?
A mini Distributed aperture system ?

Genuine question though; Why PAF didn't opted for GB-6 and LS-6-500 Glide bomb for Jeff.
GB6-01-692x360.jpg

Glad to get answers from Senior members.

MAWS is missiles approach and warning system not sure how you are using it instead of IRST which is basically a ir camera

please explain? Because both are on IR spectrum ?
A mini Distributed aperture system ?

Lookup how the DAS works on the F-35, it's more than just a MAWS.

if that is the case use of HOBS missiles in WVR will ensure MAD in both cases.
A

There will still be parameters that would need to be met with HOBS missiles. The envelop of escape will be tighter, no doubt, but it still will be there.

Genuine question though; Why PAF didn't opted for GB-6 and LS-6-500 Glide bomb for Jeff.
View attachment 725594

Glad to get answers from Senior members.

Because GIDS makes our own REK. Pretty sure these were also the ones the JF-17s dropped during Ops Swift Retort.

Takbir

1616076255493.png

If you were specifically asking about the 500 variant of the LS-6 then we probably have them, since Pakistan did, reportedly, use the LS-6 kits before Takbir.

Don't know about the GB-6.

Last edited:
If you were specifically asking about the 500 variant of the LS-6 then we probably have them, since Pakistan did, reportedly, use the LS-6 kits before Takbir.

Don't know about the GB-6.
Yes talking about them because they offer more stand off range

Yes talking about them because they offer more stand off range

The 500 doesn't offer more range, it offers greater payload. 500kg vs 250kg, to be exact.

Also, the Takbir is supposed to be an improvement on the LS-6.

Back
Top Bottom