What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Whether it will make out to the block 3 or not, we will have to wait and see. We would also have to see how much extra thrust the RD-93 MA brings to the table and if the engine service life is affected by the optimizations.
lets hope engine service life doesn't go down any further, if i am not wrong its reduced to half already. next u looking for sunday to sunday engine life :cheesy: . which i dont think so would be the case as its not like RD33 to RD93 transition, alot has changed as per the info available. i am looking for decent thrust gain with either same service life or maybe more. m betting on the later along with better security/reliability measures considering its for JF17 single engine.

lets hope engine service life doesn't go down any further, if i am not wrong its reduced to half already. next u looking for sunday to sunday engine life :cheesy: . which i dont think so would be the case as its not like RD33 to RD93 transition, alot has changed as per the info available. i am looking for decent thrust gain with either same service life or maybe more. m betting on the later along with better security/reliability measures considering its for JF17 single engine.

How has JF-17 engine been reduced to half? Doesn’t make any sense

Oh I see.
RD33 MK is new gen variant of rd33 with service life double to 4000

RD93 ma is new gen variant of rd93 which would likley double the service life too

rd 93 is variant of rd33 with change in gear box to suit a single engine aircraft

so NO RD 93 ENGINE LIFE HAS NOT BEEN REDUCED TO HALF, RD 33M K ENGINE LIFE WAS DOUBLED

RD33 MK is new gen variant of rd33 with service life double to 4000

RD93 ma is new gen variant of rd93 which would likley double the service life too

rd 93 is variant of rd33 with change in gear box to suit a single engine aircraft

so NO RD 93 ENGINE LIFE HAS NOT BEEN REDUCED TO HALF, RD 33M K ENGINE LIFE WAS DOUBLED
i think RD93 is not direct variant of RD33 (base model-had lower service life) rather RD33 series 3 or something it was named, this version had extended life well before RD33MK versions. in between SMR something something was also tried (gear box repositioning was attempted in this one), which again was an alteration to RD33 3 series ones that had life span of 4000hrs. so in essence, RD93 actually had a short life span from the one it was derived (ALMOST HALF).

1601299314274.png

Do we have the composites manufacturing capability? And at what stage.
Composite manufacturing is a very broad term and could include anything from fiber glass to Kevlar to Carbon Fibre. PAC was producing a number of composite parts for Falco and I think it was carbon fibre. They have the vacuum chambers/curing chambers for treating large composite panels and parts.

Quite the opposite TBH, as in most cases it obstructs pilots view.

View attachment 674355

The Mirage one is better since the pilot spends less time looking down the nose of the aircraft during BFM or target runs plus if you notice the stem of the IFR is slimmest from the pilots perspective in the Mirage cockpit . The JF-17 arrangement blocks the pilot vision from 2 o' clock -4 o' clock since the broadest part of the IFR is level with the pilots eye line. It will be interesting to get feedback on this from your friends at PAF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom