What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1600560528877.png
1600560528877.png

First of all semi mean learning for PAC about coating.new EW capabilities.about experimental a2a,a2g missilies. Etc and their is some things called eternal stealth pods. View attachment 669757
You can learn all you like. The problem here is trying to make a platform what it is not. World over they have specialized platforms which are test beds for newer technologies and if this is what you are implying then I have no problem. But changing current block with such technologies is a waste of resources we do not have. This is my last post on the topic.
Kind regards
A

Listen bro it’s a evolving project semi stealth mean one step further towards complete indigenous stealth aircraft.just study f16 progress till block 72 you will find how they increase the size n shape of that plane as compare to first block. Any semi mean low observable but for PAC it’s a learning process toward fifth n sixth generation

Hi,

You are correct in your comments---. There are different levels of stealth and Paf has tried a few methods with quite a bit of success over the decades.

The size of the JF 17 and side intakes are another attempt to make it appear " stealthier " . Another effort is a smaller flatter canopy rather than a bubble canopy---. The side intakes rather than the belly intake help reduce the signature of the aircaft---.

The experimentation with the mirage aircrafts was a successful episode of making stealthier aircraft---.

Hi,

You are correct in your comments---. There are different levels of stealth and Paf has tried a few methods with quite a bit of success over the decades.

The size of the JF 17 and side intakes are another attempt to make it appear " stealthier " . Another effort is a smaller flatter canopy rather than a bubble canopy---. The side intakes rather than the belly intake help reduce the signature of the aircaft---.

The experimentation with the mirage aircrafts was a successful episode of making stealthier aircraft---.
Hi I am under the impression that bubble cannopy has less return emission as the only part emitting back radar waves is the seat and pilot whereas in case of JF17 canopy the rear area of the pilot also remit back radar waves.

However, I am not an expert on the matter so I might be wrong.

Can you please give a little more details how bubble canopy has more radar reflection as compared to the older designs of thunder.

Hi I am under the impression that bubble cannopy has less return emission as the only part emitting back radar waves is the seat and pilot whereas in case of JF17 canopy the rear area of the pilot also remit back radar waves.

However, I am not an expert on the matter so I might be wrong.

Can you please give a little more details how bubble canopy has more radar reflection as compared to the older designs of thunder.

Reflection heat. For that reason the glass canopy maybe gold plated.

Gold really 🙄

Hi,

Son---if you could do some research---you did not need to get embarrassed.

"
Stealth canopy[edit]
Have Glass is the code name for a series of RCS reduction measures for the F-16 fighter. Its primary aspect is the addition of an indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy, which is reflective to radar frequencies. An ordinary canopy would let radar signals straight through where they would strike the many edges and corners inside and bounce back strongly to the radar source; the reflective layer dissipates these signals instead. Overall, Have Glass reduces an F-16's RCS (radar-cross section) by some 15 percent. The gold tint also reduces glare from the sun to improve visibility for the pilot."

Back
Top Bottom