What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

This thing can also be done by
Droes and ballistic missiles So why we sacrifice life?....we can just launch a beautiful volley of ballistic missiles on Mumbai....So simple....
Ballistic missile speed mach 4 greater than your jh-7.....

Hi,

Ballistic missile launch by two nuc powers is tantamount to the start of a nuc war---.

Military is SACRIFICE of life---so that is a moot point---. Raises the commitment on one side---creates panic and uncertainty on the other side---.

Against ballistic missile strikes---the enemy does not have to disperse its assets from northern front to the western front.

Hi,

Ballistic missile launch by two nuc powers is tantamount to the start of a nuc war---.

Military is SACRIFICE of life---so that is a moot point---. Raises the commitment on one side---creates panic and uncertainty on the other side---.

Against ballistic missile strikes---the enemy does not have to disperse its assets from northern front to the western front.

Although i concur with your idea to acquire a new Platform in Heavy Category, i will however push-back on JH-7A/B in favor of J15/16/11 chinese variants of baseline SU-27 fighters owing to the following:

1. Any new induction by PAF/PN will be subject to Chinese offering a soft line of credit, If Chinese do which they have indicated already, why not go for the top of the line multi role/ air superiority fighter considering the bottom line difference between JH-7 and J15/J16/J11D inductions would be within a ballpark of 1 Billion dollar give and take
2. J15/16/11 being mainstay platforms in PLAAF/AN, all the weapons, goodies, paraphernalia already stands integrated and vigorously tested, future weapons, software upgrades will entail automatically
3. J15/16/11 will relieve/load-share F-16 at higher ceilings, flying at safe distances, shooting slew of PL-15 at incoming formations at P-Max ranges will leave them disarray/defensive, creating opening for front line light weights to sneak in and go for the jagular

Although i concur with your idea to acquire a new Platform in Heavy Category, i will however push-back on JH-7A/B in favor of J15/16/11 chinese variants of baseline SU-27 fighters owing to the following:

1. Any new induction by PAF/PN will be subject to Chinese offering a soft line of credit, If Chinese do which they have indicated already, why not go for the top of the line multi role/ air superiority fighter considering the bottom line difference between JH-7 and J15/J16/J11D inductions would be within a ballpark of 1 Billion dollar give and take
2. J15/16/11 being mainstay platforms in PLAAF/AN, all the weapons, goodies, paraphernalia already stands integrated and vigorously tested, future weapons, software upgrades will entail automatically
3. J15/16/11 will relieve/load-share F-16 at higher ceilings, flying at safe distances, shooting slew of PL-15 at incoming formations at P-Max ranges will leave them disarray/defensive, creating opening for front line light weights to sneak in and go for the jagular
J11/15/16 will never be given to Pak. JH7 has always been a good platform and more matured for deep strike not to mention heavy load capabilities for stand off.

What if you got them free + upgrade cost?

Light causes radar clutter?
There is different type's of clutter basically what (temp&light)High rays does is that it interrupts the beams but creating multiple signatures scattered and cluttered all over the place. These days we have very very good radars and these factors are not a problem anymore these time we face more of a ground clutter and weather issues more prominently and it is also highly dependent on what type of radar is being used.

Attachments

• sfw_radars_jonathan_blair_corbis.jpg
    sfw_radars_jonathan_blair_corbis.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 69
There is different type's of clutter basically what (temp&light)High rays does is that it interrupts the beams but creating multiple signatures scattered and cluttered all over the place. These days we have very very good radars and these factors are not a problem anymore these time we face more of a ground clutter and weather issues more prominently and it is also highly dependent on what type of radar is being used.

I wonder if EW Suites can be built around this as well to use light's to cause radar confusion -- like an amplified light beyond what natural light levels are?

I wonder if EW Suites can be built around this as well to use light's to cause radar confusion -- like an amplified light beyond what natural light levels are?
I do not get the gist of it, Electronic warfare is very wizardy & complicated a bunch of it is based of Electro magnetic pulses being directed/intercepting communication and radars.

I do not get the gist of it, Electronic warfare is very wizardy & complicated a bunch of it is based of Electro magnetic pulses being directed/intercepting communication and radars.

Oh ok. I’m not an Air Force Guy more interest in armor warfare and infantry tactics. :)

It is far more extensive than what you have written. Most of EW areas are never spoken about but i suggest you pick up some good electrical and electronic engineering books on communications and radar if you are interested in getting understanding the basics.

It is far more extensive than what you have written. Most of EW areas are never spoken about but i suggest you pick up some good electrical and electronic engineering books on communications and radar if you are interested in getting understanding the basics.
I have left that life after LT. Commander USN china man's mental status was revealed ( he was the guy who instructed me on electricity)

Hi,

For an aircraft flying a 3-4000 ft over the waves---running 400 miles parallel to the indian coastline---the indian awac will have to come out round about 200---225 miles +- out over the ocean at about 40-45 k ft altitude---.

That means a large number of surveillance aircraft would have to be stationed on the west coast to protect its major assets---and a larger number of fighter aircraft moved to this region---.

With a long range heavy strike platform---the enemy will stay in extreme duress during the conflict---.

Back
Top Bottom