What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

For an aircraft flying a 3-4000 ft over the waves---running 400 miles parallel to the indian coastline---the indian awac will have to come out round about 200---225 miles +- out over the ocean at about 40-45 k ft altitude---.

That means a large number of surveillance aircraft would have to be stationed on the west coast to protect its major assets---and a larger number of fighter aircraft moved to this region---.

With a long range heavy strike platform---the enemy will stay in extreme duress during the conflict---.
It's really quite as simple as that. PN needs a low level striker. Sadly due to the end in the cold war and peer on peer conflict, such aircraft are not designed anymore.

Moonlight accentuates ocean currents and wave height, creating clutter and allowing low level strike aircraft less detection.
Correction. It is the phases of moon which effect tides and thereby creating clutter due to cycling variation in the tidal waves. This is still much lower compared to ground clutter. To clarify - there is no direct effect of moonlight to radar echo otherwise.

@denel
I have never asked you a question before but please excuse me if you have answered this question before and would love to get an answer from you.
How good is A-Darter compared to ASRAAM AIM-9X Python5 and IRST and is their any possibility for PAF inducting it?

@denel
I have never asked you a question before but please excuse me if you have answered this question before and would love to get an answer from you.
How good is A-Darter compared to ASRAAM AIM-9X Python5 and IRST and is their any possibility for PAF inducting it?
A-Darter is considered better that IRST without doubt and Python5. it is expecpected to rival asraam/aim9x.

Although i concur with your idea to acquire a new Platform in Heavy Category, i will however push-back on JH-7A/B in favor of J15/16/11 chinese variants of baseline SU-27 fighters owing to the following:

1. Any new induction by PAF/PN will be subject to Chinese offering a soft line of credit, If Chinese do which they have indicated already, why not go for the top of the line multi role/ air superiority fighter considering the bottom line difference between JH-7 and J15/J16/J11D inductions would be within a ballpark of 1 Billion dollar give and take
2. J15/16/11 being mainstay platforms in PLAAF/AN, all the weapons, goodies, paraphernalia already stands integrated and vigorously tested, future weapons, software upgrades will entail automatically
3. J15/16/11 will relieve/load-share F-16 at higher ceilings, flying at safe distances, shooting slew of PL-15 at incoming formations at P-Max ranges will leave them disarray/defensive, creating opening for front line light weights to sneak in and go for the jagular
flanker variants cant be exported even if Pakistanis agree or request them

they are cheap Russian rip offs and violated the copy rights and trade agreement with Russia

they are cheap Russian rip offs and violated the copy rights and trade agreement with Russia
Except for the derivations of Ukrainian SU-33 which is J-15/D

Hi,

Ballistic missile launch by two nuc powers is tantamount to the start of a nuc war---.

Military is SACRIFICE of life---so that is a moot point---. Raises the commitment on one side---creates panic and uncertainty on the other side---.

Against ballistic missile strikes---the enemy does not have to disperse its assets from northern front to the western front.

Sacrifice isn't necessary, we can coordinate a weapons release and eject point and station pickup boats. Too much work has gone into training pilots, we cannot just throw them away. By the time the Japanese went kamikazee, they had already lost all their veteran pilots to the war, the pilots going kamikazee only went through basic training.

Except for the derivations of Ukrainian SU-33 which is J-15/D

Why is this derivation different?

Sacrifice isn't necessary, we can coordinate a weapons release and eject point and station pickup boats. Too much work has gone into training pilots, we cannot just throw them away. By the time the Japanese went kamikazee, they had already lost all their veteran pilots to the war, the pilots going kamikazee only went through basic training.

Why is this derivation different?
China acquired SU-33 from Ukraine instead of Russia, studied and then produced J-15

Hi if I may it can be possible if you put on Al series Russian engines on these aircrafts
And again I beg to differ here with more learned members / internationals also China can easily
Manoeuvre Russian if that’s in their interest i mean more towards Chinese side
As to get on board Russian they can even buy couple of su35 squadrons more under their flag
I hope some of us might not agreed to my thoughts
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom