What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

You are wrong and also contradicted yourself in your post.
The actual number was 36 planes not 70.
If they were being paid by US then why reduce the numbers whether we had earthquake or not?
it was 65..

36 new rest used..google it you will find a PTV news clip and website articles

When the initial reports surfaced around 2005, there was buzz in Pakistan about the implications of being given the MNNA status. It is around that time, that news revealed Pakistan Air Force decision to buy 75 Block-52 F-16 Fighting Falcons. The initial order was for 36 aircraft, with follow-on order of remaining 39. This order was accompanied with replenish/restore the initial 40 Pakistan Air Force F-16s back to original strength. Additionally, to complete the delivery of the 28 F-16s which Pakistan had paid for but never received during the 1980s. After the earthquake, the decision was taken to reduce the order to just 18 aircraft, as the country faced the horrific tragedy. Had the Block-52 order gone as planned (with no earthquake), then today Pakistan Air Force would have been operating an F-16 fleet of 75 Block-52s, plus 68 MLU'd aircraft. Bringing the grand total to 143 Vipers for Pakistan Air Force.

When the initial reports surfaced around 2005, there was buzz in Pakistan about the implications of being given the MNNA status. It is around that time, that news revealed Pakistan Air Force decision to buy 75 Block-52 F-16 Fighting Falcons. The initial order was for 36 aircraft, with follow-on order of remaining 39. This order was accompanied with replenish/restore the initial 40 Pakistan Air Force F-16s back to original strength. Additionally, to complete the delivery of the 28 F-16s which Pakistan had paid for but never received during the 1980s. After the earthquake, the decision was taken to reduce the order to just 18 aircraft, as the country faced the horrific tragedy. Had the Block-52 order gone as planned (with no earthquake), then today Pakistan Air Force would have been operating an F-16 fleet of 75 Block-52s, plus 68 MLU'd aircraft. Bringing the grand total to 143 Vipers for Pakistan Air Force.
My only response to this is:
Magar yeh ho na saka aur ab yeh alam hai.
Kay tu nahi teray milnay ki Aarzoo bhi nahi.
............................................................ .
Main jaanta hun kay tu ghair hai magar yunhi
Kabhi kabhi marey dil main khayal aata hai.
PAF has made do with what it has at hand. Perhaps it is for the better in that we have developed the JFT even more and this is going to advance our avaiation industrial aspirations a bit more.
Enjoy
A

Last edited:
My only response to this is:
Magar yeh ho na saka aur ab yeh alam hai.
Kay tu nahi teray milnay ki Aarzoo bhi nahi.
............................................................ .
Main jaanta hun kay tu ghair hai magar yunhi
Kabhi kabhi marey dil main khayal aata hai.
PAF has made do with what it has at hand. Perhaps it is for the better in that we have developed the JFT even more and this is going to advance our avaiation industrial aspirations a bit more.
Enjoy
A

Dear brother,

Assalaam-u-Alaikum,

From what I read in your post, it seems that you may have the impression that I am a supporter of the F-16s in Pakistan Air Force. I would like for you to know that it is the exact opposite. I am not a supporter of any military hardware or economic deal which would give any country, leverage over Pakistan. It is because of the sanctions, that Pakistan Air Force chose to seek self-reliance and the JF-17 Thunder program became a reality. This aircraft (JF-17) has made Pakistan stronger and independent. It is my hope that such an approach is adopted by all the military branches of Pakistan Military, as well as Pakistan's Government. Being a truly independent country, means we pursue our path of freedom, intelligently and independently.

On a different context, thats what i put forwatd to 'the wolves'. No wonder none was happy with me. Under the disguise and bluff of AZM, wolves are gearing up for their own pie. The struggle is whats-in for me.

Hi,

Thank you---project AZM was a fraud from day 1---designed to steal money from the nation---.

On a different context, thats what i put forwatd to 'the wolves'. No wonder none was happy with me. Under the disguise and bluff of AZM, wolves are gearing up for their own pie. The struggle is whats-in for me.

The men in blue are no different from Khaki.

The reason senior officers show these traits are a result of our cultural / social pressures.
but at the same time it represent training and selection flaws that allow "wolves" like so
to sneak through.

corruption corruption corruption ni body care what will happen when war starts how would they defend their children grand children and families by giving enemy aome money?

there should be an audit for whole project in every branch of forces

:mad: Can't these ppl make their money through other corrupt ways...there's gotta be other ways for them to suck the blood of the nation and not compromise this critical project.

Project Azm is going to be the future backbone of PAF...it's going to be crucial for defense of Pak...just leave this one alone. I don't understand this mindset...ppl like these are hell bent on cutting open the goose that lays the golden egg. They should understand that the country will be at the enemy's mercy with such practices.

@messiach can you detail what happened?? Also can you please briefly share your background as well

Thanks

What? Another scandal related to JF-17 or some conspiracy? Any senior please explain, Thanks
Although generals and other military leadership are also humans not angels, corruption may happen.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom