What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

IMO some sort of a Romanian design under the series of IAR-concepts ... quite funny - and barely known - there was a design called IAR-95, which was planned to use a WS-9 (aka a Spey 202), which not only superficially resembles the later FC-1/JF-17. That design was in fact from the late 1970s.

Your image is one of several concepts under consideration before the FC-1-look alike design was chosen.

View attachment 524116 View attachment 524117 View attachment 524118 View attachment 524119

.... Just found it: it was called IAR-S

View attachment 524120 View attachment 524121

It is one of the designs under consideration for IAR 95. These designs are to much close to jf-17. Was looking for possible upgrades for jf-17 and suddenly IAR 95 suggested images popped out. What an irony Romania who once scrapped the project is now in talks for it.

It is one of the designs under consideration for IAR 95. These designs are to much close to jf-17. Was looking for possible upgrades for jf-17 and suddenly IAR 95 suggested images popped out. What an irony Romania who once scrapped the project is now in talks for it.
Forget that design I repeat again forget that design........
There is nothing to do with it.....

@Deino when USA stopped the deliveries of F-16 to PAF was the time US air superiority got screwed. ISI did a good job. From F-16 to F-15 to F-18 was coming from one source. J-10 and JF-17 to birth. Forget IAR project and look for Yugoslavia concepts you will understand much more. Even the future designs.

An Engine change is needed because the design of the JF-17 needs to be Scaled up for the EW Variant (the engines are nearly the same diameter but the ws-10 is 0.7 meters longer) and you get more room for loitering as well as more power to all the jamming equipment (3 sides Aesa, IRST, 2 DFRM wing pods, and 3 Jamming pods, as well as two HARM missiles and two WVR Missiles)

The weight alone requires a larger platform to allow the plane to still have enough agility to protect itself let alone protect other fighters

Yes retesting a "new" design will take time, but you will get a platform that will be a lot more effective. Also a large platform will have the range to protect fighters while they attack into enemy territory, not just defend our own territory. A slightly larger design could allow the PAF to change its doctrine from Defensive only to the option to carry out Offensive actions.

Don't need to do that and in future UCAVs like CH-7 can take that Glower role much effectively while working with other Stealth UCAVs and AZM 5th gen to do the job.

Don't need to do that and in future UCAVs like CH-7 can take that Glower role much effectively while working with other Stealth UCAVs and AZM 5th gen to do the job.

Even the most advanced drones can have their communication links jammed or hacked. We don't have the latest Cyber capabilities nor the latest datalinks. Even if we did, their is still a risk of losing a link to your most advanced electronic warfare aircraft. For that reason, The PAF's Growler should be a manned platform. Project AZM should remain a stealth UCAV Air to ground or air to air, but you need the man in the loop option to press the self-destruct option (and fry the elctronics) just before ejecting if the plane gets shot down. Sort of like the scene from behind enemy lines. Smaller Drones like the USAF MALD-X Decoy would be a good supplement.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...est-is-a-much-bigger-deal-than-it-sounds-like

J10C is an ideal choice. What we lack is $s. Building another fighter is not a viable option for Pakistan right now.
But is there a Growler version in place? No its not even developed by China yet. A EW is built when you already using the basic platform. If China has not built it yet then how can we get it. If Rd-93ma is acquired then it might be a possibility to make Jf17E. We have to wait for blk3 first.

The J-10C has been Developed and demonstrated at Zhuhai This Year
The KLJ-7A Three panel Radar can be scaled up and reshaped to fit into the J-10C Nose
The Chinese have a Growler Plane of their own called either J-15D or J-16D

If PAF has the funds, and the Chinese are willing, all these components can be put together and we could have a J-10C EW Variant in a few years.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2018-05-08/china-reveals-another-growler
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/t...raft-might-have-terrifying-new-military-23427
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kZ6ZsEEh...K4_qYr66PiSwRTMRA2-wQCKgBGAs/s1600/J-15D1.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Yo7J5hER...kNoGWw-4fCPz1dfkSjQBACKgBGAs/s1600/J-15D3.jpg

IMG_20181203_052708.jpg
IMG_20181203_052656.jpg

No, just J-10B is showed at Zhuhai this year.

They are two different ones.
My mistake, but the point stands the J-10 has reached an advanced stage of development and can now be developed into a variant for EW. The Chinese approval and Pakistani Finances are the only two limitations, because as you correctly pointed out the PLAAF/PLANAF operate two different EW "Growler" aircraft.

No, just J-10B is showed at Zhuhai this year.

They are two different ones.

Hi,
'
I think Jh7A model has a growler type aircraft---and now possibly a J series twin engine---.

I think the Pak should ask for at least 3-6 JH7A's growler types to be transferred to pakistan---.

Hi,
'
I think Jh7A model has a growler type aircraft---and now possibly a J series twin engine---.

I think the Pak should ask for at least 3-6 JH7A's growler types to be transferred to pakistan---.
JH-7A just takes some EW pods, unlike J-16D or J-15D.

What I get from posts of some people that China has a EW platform in J16D form and instead of simply buy it why we want to develop EW platform in JF17 or J10? Can someone tell me why?

On a lighter note and with apologies to Mr Mastan Khan ......... The way you advocate JH7A is very much similar indian advocate Hal Tejas. Sorry but a fact.

Hi,
'

It doesn't look like that J-16 series are up for export at this time, that is the reason folks here are discussing other options.

Only if Pak could get an non objection latter from Russia and PLAF / Chinese Gov't is willing to export then its a possibility for J-16 Series. Then again the J-16D is in testing / teething phase and may not be ready for full throtle induction. It was also rumored that SAC opted to go with sub-standard AESA which PLAF rejected and caused some delays, now how true that is ? I can't say.

Back
Top Bottom