What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

It doesn't look like that J-16 series are up for export at this time, that is the reason folks here are discussing other options.

Only if Pak could get an non objection latter from Russia and PLAF / Chinese Gov't is willing to export then its a possibility for J-16 Series. Then again the J-16D is in testing / teething phase and may not be ready for full throtle induction. It was also rumored that SAC opted to go with sub-standard AESA which PLAF rejected and caused some delays, now how true that is ? I can't say.

Thanks for reply but don't you think there would be a problem which can't be tackle for obtaining half or one squadron of J16EW unless it is of some serious strategic level thing. One more thing if J16EW is still half backed thing then how can they go for J10EW or J17EW? Someone in past posts also mentioned that EW plane and plane carrying EW pod are 2 different things ....... How big is the difference between them?

Chinese still relay on Russian for some of their Weapons need, why make them mad or disgruntle by selling few to PAF ? China may be considered Iron Brother but is no way ready to jump into frying pan for Pak. If PAF opts for JF-17EW then it be quite few years to work out teething issues, not like it will show up in 6 months time frame. As many have posted before me, the best you be able to get out of JF-17 is a SEAD platform.

If you would like to blind something deep in enemy airspace, use something like " Y-9JZ High New 8 " for ELINT, jam that signal from far away. PAF already has Blinders, can they reach 200+ miles using directional beams ?

What I get from posts of some people that China has a EW platform in J16D form and instead of simply buy it why we want to develop EW platform in JF17 or J10? Can someone tell me why?

On a lighter note and with apologies to Mr Mastan Khan ......... The way you advocate JH7A is very much similar indian advocate Hal Tejas. Sorry but a fact.

Hi,

Hal Tejas is not a performing aircraft---while the JH7A is one the best aircraft in its class at this time---. JH7A have taken on the SU34's multiple times in excercizes and come out ahead---.

With a lack of knowledge---being apologetic does not make sense---. When you are talking about weapons and weapons system to protect your motherland---an apology means diddley sh-it---. You have to be upfront and straightforward and explain why you think the way you do---because it is about the defense of your motherland---and not some clever little line that you use amongst your friends atthe Paan / soda khokha on the street corner.

Chinese still relay on Russian for some of their Weapons need, why make them mad or disgruntle by selling few to PAF ? China may be considered Iron Brother but is no way ready to jump into frying pan for Pak. If PAF opts for JF-17EW then it be quite few years to work out teething issues, not like it will show up in 6 months time frame. As many have posted before me, the best you be able to get out of JF-17 is a SEAD platform.

If you would like to blind something deep in enemy airspace, use something like " Y-9JZ High New 8 " for ELINT, jam that signal from far away. PAF already has Blinders, can they reach 200+ miles using directional beams ?

Can you provide any evidence China can’t sell its sukhio knockoffs? This claim is repeatedly made but no-one has ever provided any evidence.

Sorry Falcon26, no can do, just going by memory. When PAF had initially approached China for J-10A, the Chinese liaison thought that PAF was looking at J-11s. He told them that it was not for export, but when PAF officers indicated other single engine one, he took them to J-10A.

Rest of my deductions are web based researched ( Chinese forums ), statement from officials (hear say )

PS: I am all for J16 in PAF colors,I had even suggested in other (Pakdef) forum for PAF SAC ( similar toUSAF SAC ) to have 24 odd birds, rigged for 4 ALCM, dispersed during heightened times to 6 different bases ( 4 a piece ) and be on alert to go on moment notice, have pair of birds in air so have 8 odd ALCM ready to fly.

Sorry Falcon26, no can do, just going by memory. When PAF had initially approached China for J-10A, the Chinese liaison thought that PAF was looking at J-11s. He told them that it was not for export, but when PAF officers indicated other single engine one, he took them to J-10A.

Rest of my deductions are web based researched ( Chinese forums ), statement from officials (hear say )

PS: I am all for J16 in PAF colors,I had even suggested in other (Pakdef) forum for PAF SAC ( similar toUSAF SAC ) to have 24 odd birds, rigged for 4 ALCM, dispersed during heightened times to 6 different bases ( 4 a piece ) and be on alert to go on moment notice, have pair of birds in air so have 8 odd ALCM ready to fly.

Very Krafty...

Sir there is any production of jft until 2019
Depends on export orders, I suppose.

I do have contacts at PAC but I do not ask for sensitive information, or put out any sensitive information if I come across it. I steer clear of any responsibility by not sharing anything that may be sensitive. I share nothing unless it becomes public knowledge and then I may discuss it. As they say "loose lips sink ships".

Depends on export orders, I suppose.

I do have contacts at PAC but I do not ask for sensitive information, or put out any sensitive information if I come across it. I steer clear of any responsibility by not sharing anything that may be sensitive. I share nothing unless it becomes public knowledge and then I may discuss it. As they say "loose lips sink ships".
Yes Sir,
Ok but .....can you please tell yes or no
I have a thought that there will be 50 more blk 2 coming to PAF.

Y

Yes Sir.
The Block 3 is the matured form of JFT. Why do you want to build planes that will require updates later. You might as well wait and induct a matured platform. There is no urgency and usual deterrence is in place t oprevent any unwanted advances.
A

The Block 3 is the matured form of JFT. Why do you want to build planes that will require updates later. You might as well wait and induct a matured platform. There is no urgency and usual deterrence is in place t oprevent any unwanted advances.
A
My dear sir,
1. a large Fked up fleet of F-7 & mirage3/5
2.it can be blk2.5or blk2+
3.what PAC will do till 2021 until blk3
Is matured
4.update is not a much time taking process.

My dear sir,
1. a large Fked up fleet of F-7 & mirage3/5
2.it can be blk2.5or blk2+
3.what PAC will do till 2021 until blk3
Is matured
4.update is not a much time taking process.
Firstly the expeltive did nothing to your argument other than making it unsavoury. Secondly the lack of money and infrastructure means we cannot stand a squadron in less than 12-18 months. Thirdly we have a time table for doing things and every possible slot is occupied and worked out in advance well ahead of time. So even if you tried you cannot get more work out of them. Lastly the short hiatus will be for re tooling of the jigs to use for Block 3 so even that time will be utilized productively.
A

Back
Top Bottom