What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Regarding future JF-17 development, on multiple occasions Pakistani officials have affirmed their commitment to the 8.7-ton-thrust Klimov RD-93 turbofan. However, officials speaking to IHS Jane's at DSA 2016 said that for the goal of advancing aircraft performance, they were open to considering China's 9-ton-thrust WS-13 or the 9.4-ton-thrust Klimov RD-33MK.

Russian industry sources at DSA 2016 noted that the WS-13 remains at an early stage of development and has an estimated service life of 2,000 hours compared with 4,000 hours for the RD-33MK.

PAC officials also confirmed that the new JF-17 refuelling probe design, recently seen in China, will be the configuration for the JF-17. These officials also noted that Pakistan has an anti-ship variant of the new China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC)-developed hypersonic CM-400 air-to-surface missile. They said a twin-seat JF-17 would begin test flights in late 2016 or early 2017.

While I don't necessarily agree with zebra, I don't agree with you either. Even the Americans have hundreds of F-35s without IOC. The Russians had initially planned to get 3 or 4 squadrons of PAK FA before IOC, now reduced to 12 jets for now. IAF planned to buy 2 squadrons of LCA before FOC.

I believe there were 50 J-10s made after 2002 in the LRIP phase and IOC was accorded only in 2006 or 2007 with the FOC coming in much later. Maybe @Deino can clear this.

I don't know how the clearance system works in Pakistan, but I won't be surprised if it has followed the Chinese system of building LRIPs first like the 50 JF-17 Block 1, followed by IOC phase Block 2 with 50 jets, and then the FOC phase, probably the second order of 50 jets for the Block 2.
Aray bhai.
The plane is in its second block. We are rampiñg up production to 25 planes. We have or will shortly have 4 active squadrons. We have 2 confirmed sales to countries who would have looked at all the paperwork before signing the dotted line and people here are embroiled in whether the plane has IOC or FOC
It is like my great aunt once asking a cousin of mine who had just graduated with BAand came round to inform her of the good newsin the late 60s " yes Alhamdolillah and well done beta and Allah mubarak karey but tell me did you do your Matric or not?". This is why the question is idiotic. And by the way I would challange you to produce FOCor IOC certification of any of the current fighters on line. No country does that.
A

Aray bhai.
The plane is in its second block. We are rampiñg up production to 25 planes. We have or will shortly have 4 active squadrons. We have 2 confirmed sales to countries who would have looked at all the paperwork before signing the dotted line and people here are embroiled in whether the plane has IOC or FOC
It is like my great aunt once asking a cousin of mine who had just graduated with BAand came round to inform her of the good newsin the late 60s " yes Alhamdolillah and well done beta and Allah mubarak karey but tell me did you do your Matric or not?". This is why the question is idiotic. And by the way I would challange you to produce FOCor IOC certification of any of the current fighters on line. No country does that.
A

All aircraft undergo IOC and FOC. Even the Chinese. Everybody uses different names though. The Russians call it service entry. The F-35's IOC is 2017-18, FOC is 2024.

An FOC is a significant event. I can't prove whether it happened or not for the JF-17, it's up to the PAF to announce that. People can follow the program based on when weapons were integrated and certified. As far as I know, BVR came with Block 2, after the completion of tests in 2012. The best I can say is the Block 2 may have been FOC aircraft, or the entire FOC process itself may be ongoing right now.

For the friends that seem to be curious about the FOC ... Here are the quotes of some of our most respected members on the issue, as PAF does not have a habit of publicizing every certification/achievement of the project ... so these guys are the best sources of info that we have as of now ...

@Dazzler
Stop trolling, it achieved FOC years ago. Block 1 production completed and you think it went ahead without FOC? Wake up, get real and have some common sense.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-6.329675/page-108#ixzz4CKflsLIN

@Taygibay
Oh! OK, mate, got that! Part of the bug is then your use of FOC which is what I was trying to outline.
If you mean **** FOC of BLOCK 1, it got that de facto in December as the last of these rolled off the assembly line since production of the Block2 begun on the 18th Dec. 2014 although the date could be also that of induction to active service of that last aircraft so a couple weeks ago.If you meant FOC of any block as in the US meaning, it will get that when the last ever gets delivered?
In any case, FOC is delivered by the PAF; here it would be the Black Panthers
with IOC in 2011 and FOC late 2014 or early 2015 as we just saw.
I can't give you the date.

You seem to be confusing introduction of new capabilities with FOC. By that count, the Mirage are then not yet FOC since you are still upgrading them. :blink: Is that clearer?

Tay.

P.S. "FOC certification" as you said is akin to PAF force. No need to raise the certification word to square! ;)

Oh and gift to you to derive these dates directly from the manufacturer :
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra - JF-17 Thunder Aircraft

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-6.329675/page-107#ixzz4CKgz5fGA

Confirmed: JF-17 will get ASELPOD.

A Turkish defence media outlet (S&H) has confirmed that the recent ASELPOD contract was from Pakistan. According to Aselsan, the ASELPOD beat out the Thales Damocles *and* LM Sniper.

Deliveries for 16 pods will start in 2017. The platform is the JF-17, and the integration process will take place in Turkey and Pakistan (a shell unit for the purpose was already sent to PAC). Pakistan will develop a special pylon for the pod, while Turkey will work on the software side.

The ASELPOD's laser-marking range is 25km (for LGB), its general marking range is 55km (for INS/GPS PGB and AGM). The pod's EO/IR feed can also be fed to the HUD (and later HMD/S).

The two-way data-link system for the ASELPOD is also nearing clearance, this will enable the pod to double as an ISR system.

Confirmed: JF-17 will get ASELPOD.

A Turkish defence media outlet (S&H) has confirmed that the recent ASELPOD contract was from Pakistan. According to Aselsan, the ASELPOD beat out the Thales Damocles *and* LM Sniper.

Deliveries for 16 pods will start in 2017. The platform is the JF-17, and the integration process will take place in Turkey and Pakistan (a shell unit for the purpose was already sent to PAC). Pakistan will develop a special pylon for the pod, while Turkey will work on the software side.

The ASELPOD's laser-marking range is 25km (for LGB), its general marking range is 55km (for INS/GPS PGB and AGM). The pod's EO/IR feed can also be fed to the HUD (and later HMD/S).

The two-way data-link system for the ASELPOD is also nearing clearance, this will enable the pod to double as an ISR system.
just 16 hmm..i thought it would more anyway glad to here about it.

just 16 hmm..i thought it would more anyway glad to here about it.
Not every plane needs to fly around all the time with its POD. It would be mission dependant. So 16 is a good number. As our turkish brothers make asvances in the product we can always order more along with upgrading these ones depending on our need. However the fact that this capability is now on board and presumably cleared for export would be a huge thing for both brotherly countries.
A

25 km and 55km is much better then Chinese pod specs of 13 km and ...

Data link still being worked on ..
Resolution should also be updated to 1080x1080

Pylon ??? PAC Tasker

Meanwhile 79 JF17 is enter into service.

All without IOC and FOC, what a shame :rofl:

The ASELPOD's laser-marking range is 25km (for LGB), its general marking range is 55km (for INS/GPS PGB and AGM).

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-7.427560/page-22#ixzz4CWqr0BeL

what is the difference between laser marking range and general marking range?

55km is the maximum search range while 25km is where the target locked or ready to be engaged by weapons.

All aircraft undergo IOC and FOC. Even the Chinese. Everybody uses different names though. The Russians call it service entry. The F-35's IOC is 2017-18, FOC is 2024.

An FOC is a significant event. I can't prove whether it happened or not for the JF-17, it's up to the PAF to announce that. People can follow the program based on when weapons were integrated and certified. As far as I know, BVR came with Block 2, after the completion of tests in 2012. The best I can say is the Block 2 may have been FOC aircraft, or the entire FOC process itself may be ongoing right now.

Based on what authority on aircraft testing and certification?

Back
Top Bottom