What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

thunder currently uses wmd7 targeting pod which is 2nd gen pod (l) . we ordered total of 150 wmd 7....75 have been delivered....in zhuhai 2k16 we yings 3 was unveiled which is 3rd gen pod and has flir...it has 3 versions..one looks similat to sniper while the 330 version looks too similar to wmd 7 and was on display near a thunder along with ,many of thunder missiles and munitions...what i was thinking is that we have ordered aselpods toio and we r planning different pod on block 3 ...recently alan warnes in AFM stated that thunder is in the process to integrate yings 3 ... that would most probably be 330 version the one similar to wmd 7....what r ur opinions..no lols plz @windjammer
17155827_218227028653163_6631267098061971759_n.jpg

17201377_218227931986406_7014532716893405996_n.jpg

17201066_218228505319682_4877142507800219653_n.jpg

thunder currently uses wmd7 targeting pod which is 2nd gen pod (l) . we ordered total of 150 wmd 7....75 have been delivered....in zhuhai 2k16 we yings 3 was unveiled which is 3rd gen pod and has flir...it has 3 versions..one looks similat to sniper while the 330 version looks too similar to wmd 7 and was on display near a thunder along with ,many of thunder missiles and munitions...what i was thinking is that we have ordered aselpods toio and we r planning different pod on block 3 ...recently alan warnes in AFM stated that thunder is in the process to integrate yings 3 ... that would most probably be 330 version the one similar to wmd 7....what r ur opinions..no lols plz @windjammer
17155827_218227028653163_6631267098061971759_n.jpg

17201377_218227931986406_7014532716893405996_n.jpg

17201066_218228505319682_4877142507800219653_n.jpg
No WMD-7 pod is in service with PAF. SIPRI date is false. AselPod has been procured with the first pod being delivered. No idea about procurement of YINGS 3.

pac_1k_ac_3.jpg
it says indigenous..however raad is some years away still on thunder....what could this be :-/

Basic turbine development runs in cycles and each cycle by experience runs over a decade at least. It depends what kind of turbine end-product you wish to pursue. Basic research cycle has a minimum turnover of a decade and still is a continuous cycle. FT cycle is atleast a minimum decade of development, D&D cycle is more or less a decade. Production runs and test turbines is another time consuming necessary event. This is the due process of law for turbines and it takes several decades averaging at-least three. All this effort of decades & you have a product which is yet to be test trialed on a fighter platform. If you look at chinese experience, you will see they have followed the due process of law, it has taken them three-four decade but they have come out with a finished product, culminating efforts of four decades of work. We on the other hand try to take short cuts & the western world is always willing to lend us help short-cutting the due process of law. That short-cut is called OVERHAULING. Overhauling is like spoon feeding. It takes away basic research, FT and D&D cycles and you end up cleaning, denting & painting the engine, so to speak. We have embarked on the same route with RD93 overhauling. AeSp engineering's heart is turbine developemnt & if you do not have a robust turbine development programme, it will only be a false start & you will be having the same debate on this forum, with the same chronic issues of corruption, incompetence and lack of vision in 2030.

Thank you very much Mr. Chak Bamu. I have been following this forum carefully from years ago but not participating. The Thunder is one of the planes that I consider suitable for the air force of my country and that is why I keep informed on its evolution.

Best regards

Welcome my friend

Basic turbine development runs in cycles and each cycle by experience runs over a decade at least. It depends what kind of turbine end-product you wish to pursue. Basic research cycle has a minimum turnover of a decade and still is a continuous cycle. FT cycle is atleast a minimum decade of development, D&D cycle is more or less a decade. Production runs and test turbines is another time consuming necessary event. This is the due process of law for turbines and it takes several decades averaging at-least three. All this effort of decades & you have a product which is yet to be test trialed on a fighter platform. If you look at chinese experience, you will see they have followed the due process of law, it has taken them three-four decade but they have come out with a finished product, culminating efforts of four decades of work. We on the other hand try to take short cuts & the western world is always willing to lend us help short-cutting the due process of law. That short-cut is called OVERHAULING. Overhauling is like spoon feeding. It takes away basic research, FT and D&D cycles and you end up cleaning, denting & painting the engine, so to speak. We have embarked on the same route with RD93 overhauling. AeSp engineering's heart is turbine developemnt & if you do not have a robust turbine development programme, it will only be a false start & you will be having the same debate on this forum, with the same chronic issues of corruption, incompetence and lack of vision in 2030.
Thank hou very much for a series of very informative posts. I get the distinct impression that you were part of that project and felt really hard done by the way in which it was scuppered by the high ups. I agree we have a history of taking short cuts and the easy way out rather than putting the elbow greese in to our efforts. Please do continue to share whatever you feel safe sharing .
Regards.

Back
Top Bottom