What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

17191169_1228821963902280_326583461692623460_n.jpg

PR No.208 Abu Dhabi: February 19, 2017

Rana Tanveer Hussain Federal Minister for Defence Produuction held a meeting with Dr. Muhammad Said El Assar Minister for Military Production of Egypt. Rana Tanveer Hussain is on 05 visit to UAE to attend International Defence Exhibition IDEX-2017 on invitation of Defence Minister of UAE. Pakistan’s Ambassador to UAE Mr Muazzam Ahmed Khan and Commodore Arshad M. Khan Joint Secretary Foreign Collaboration Ministry of Defence Production were also present in the meeting.

During the meeting with
Dr. Muhammad Said El Assar, matters of enhanced defence cooperation between the two countries came under discussion.

Other matters of bilateral importance were also discussed. Dr. Assar said that Egypt is ready to expand defence ties with Pakistan. Two sides agreed to enhance cooperation between the two brotherly countries to face contemporary challenges besetting the Islamic Ummah. They also expressed the desire for collaboration in joint production of defence equipment and showed agreement to exchange expert level delegations to work out modalities for future cooperation.

http://www.pid.gov.pk/?p=35116
===============
Guys keep eye on this development

I pray we go a joint venture route on medium-LONG range SAMs with turkey.
Pakistan need to mass produce a 70-100km range SAM as a standard
other area would be a utility helicopter to replace ultimately the mi 17s and pumas

what happened to this IRST ? no update further?

Attachments

• JF-17-IRST-01.jpg
    JF-17-IRST-01.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 117
what happened to this IRST ? no update further?

As far as I know this is not an IRST-pod but simply a camera pod usually used by chase-aircraft. The J-10AS 2-20 carried the same pod during the J-20's maiden and early test flights and similar the J-11BS carried that pod during the FC-31V1's maiden flight.

J-10AS chase plane 2-20 + camera pod small.jpg

Welcome to PDF Pampa.

Thank you very much Mr. Chak Bamu. I have been following this forum carefully from years ago but not participating. The Thunder is one of the planes that I consider suitable for the air force of my country and that is why I keep informed on its evolution.

Best regards

As far as I know this is not an IRST-pod but simply a camera pod usually used by chase-aircraft. The J-10AS 2-20 carried the same pod during the J-20's maiden and early test flights and similar the J-11BS carried that pod during the FC-31V1's maiden flight.

View attachment 382955
ahan thnx

Back
Top Bottom