What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Turkey is busy with its TFX program, Egypt is a good prospect from 2018 and on, KSA and Qatar along with the UAE have promised to buy big quantities of the JF-17, and knowing there policy of ToT they will most certainly seek to produce them locally, Sudan might follow suite in time as well as others like Indonesia and Malaysia..Bangladesh will likely buy and produce the plane as soon as its economy improves, others also..
Yes mars and Pluto are also thinking about procuring large number of jf 17 but they are trying to figure out the cheapest logistics options and which inter galactic ship should be used for shipping.

Last edited:
You guys need to first understand the overall situation, when there's no hostilities, the BVR rounds are not necessary, because you are not going to launch your weapon at any detection or intrusion you pick up, in peacetime, any hostile first has to be visually identified.
As you can see, the F-16 which intercepted a Russian bomber is only armed with ''Lima'' missiles.

PoAF-intercept-Tu-95.jpg

Windy i respect you, and i do understand you need a visual I.D during peace times, however that still doesn't change much. As you can see here right here, REAL scramble during the interview. The pilot mentions he's doing ADA duties for NORAD and look at his load out. And please don't say it's a standard F-16 load out because that's precisely what i was trying to say about JF-17 that it should be like that for ADA

And RAF Typhoons on QRF!

P.S
Portugal operates A/B models

Turkey is busy with its TFX program, Egypt is a good prospect from 2018 and on, KSA and Qatar along with the UAE have promised to buy big quantities of the JF-17, and knowing there policy of ToT they will most certainly seek to produce them locally, Sudan might follow suite in time as well as others like Indonesia and Malaysia..Bangladesh will likely buy and produce the plane as soon as its economy improves, others also..
Extremely unlikely for all the above except for sudan if economy allows
Hypothetically speaking, what if the ADA aircraft is shot upon with a BVR missile? What will it have to answer that act of aggression?
Also from a purely business/marketing point of view i will still say that ADA aircraft carrying SD10s will be a good promotion! We are still look to sell those right? the meaner it look the more the attraction. Just my personal opinion!

Windy i respect you, and i do understand you need a visual I.D during peace times, however that still doesn't change much. As you can see here right here, REAL scramble during the interview. The pilot mentions he's doing ADA duties for NORAD and look at his load out. And please don't say it's a standard F-16 load out because that's precisely what i was trying to say about JF-17 that it should be like that for ADA
Dude you are giving examples of a superpower and countries that don't share common borders like India/Pakistan do. Until there's a full scale war between the two, the BVR scenario doesn't even come into play even as military observers argue, due to the close proximity of the two countries, it will be of limited use.

So are most of PAF's fleet MLUed to also adopt the AMRAAMS.

PAF-F-16B-airstrike.jpg

Dude you are giving examples of a superpower and countries that don't share common borders like India/Pakistan do. Until there's a full scale war between the two, the BVR scenario doesn't even come into play even as military observers argue, due to the close proximity of the two countries, it will be of limited use.

So are most of PAF's fleet MLUed to also adopt the AMRAAMS.

PAF-F-16B-airstrike.jpg
Why wasn't PAF involved in 1999 then? Indian migs dominated the skies as they were able to lock on to us before our fighters could even get to battle theatre.

Why wasn't PAF involved in 1999 then? Indian migs dominated the skies as they were able to lock on to us before our fighters could even get to battle theatre.
Can I ask you where were Indian Migs when they dominated the skies like which countries air space.

I guess you are also the victim of Indian media and fanboys.
Just as well i posted the following thread today, it gives you the real story which PAF seldom discloses as it doesn't waste time with claims and counter claims thus just gets on with it's job professionally.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fiction-of-fulcrum-buzzing-falcon.480871/

And RAF Typhoons on QRF!

P.S
PAF also need to put up their QRF video on the internet

Hypothetically speaking, what if the ADA aircraft is shot upon with a BVR missile? What will it have to answer that act of aggression?
Also from a purely business/marketing point of view i will still say that ADA aircraft carrying SD10s will be a good promotion! We are still look to sell those right? the meaner it look the more the attraction. Just my personal opinion!
ADA isnt confined to one response or one qrf. PAF maintains multiple QRF and and each is scrambled to the sector using different patterns and tactics based on their type and capabilities.

Gone are the days of old when aircraft could sneak in at low level. A combination of coverage and Humint allows the PAF to know tracks with a good 5-10 minutes warning prior to the border( although on the flipside it does lead to the possibility of false starts)

Again, barring from a complete surprise strike in very calm and warm relations; the PAF has levels of QRF ready to go based on threat number and path.

The same goes true for the IAF, with both forces sometimes scrambling jets on aircraft flying high speed dogleg pattens on thr border bases

FADelec utilises its full authority under FCS FMS. FCS FMS relationship is continuously dynamic & FMS FADelec rel. is mostly static but reversible, can overide all aspects of FADelec except for core safety routines. FADelec controls CFTs DCoG profie continuously and renders information to FCS which inturn issues corrective instruction set to FMS-actuators,lerx & FADelec etc. This under-recognised tech. is backbone for a fifth gen. fighter.

Air Def duties differ from scenario to scenario
Peace time air def demands visual ID unless rules of engagement dictate otherwise

When you are bound to intercept visually and then decide whether to engage or not, then you are better off with close range weapons

FAdec may assist with fuel management but I am a little confused whether you meant the FADec has greater impact on the flight characteristics changing(due to added weight, cog, drag etc) or otherwise.
A fadec may ensure higher and/or more precise thrust for the aircraft, but I have not heard of a FADec overriding the FCs; they do interface in a variety of aircraft such as the F-22 whose CIP runs A companion software defind fadec per se to the PW-119 which works in consort with the FCS.

An important factor would be redoing the FCS to compensate for CFt and impact of ever changing COG due to fuel usage

ADA isnt confined to one response or one qrf. PAF maintains multiple QRF and and each is scrambled to the sector using different patterns and tactics based on their type and capabilities.

Gone are the days of old when aircraft could sneak in at low level. A combination of coverage and Humint allows the PAF to know tracks with a good 5-10 minutes warning prior to the border( although on the flipside it does lead to the possibility of false starts)

Again, barring from a complete surprise strike in very calm and warm relations; the PAF has levels of QRF ready to go based on threat number and path.

The same goes true for the IAF, with both forces sometimes scrambling jets on aircraft flying high speed dogleg pattens on thr border bases
Understood and agreed with to some extent. (i say some extent as i still cannot see the harm in having the two planes on ADA carrying SD10s but may be it is just me)
What about the marketing part? A few planes, on ADA equipped with SD10, wont that LOOK good and be good for that export drive?

Back
Top Bottom