What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

RE.point 1 the facilities are there and a lot of electrical components are being made/ assembled in house. Due to lck of funding it is not possible to invest billions to reinvent the wheel. The risks in such a venture are high and the gains limited. Probably the most logi al way of doing things is to venture into dualuse technologies which sell in numbers thereby slowly building infrastructure for the final launch.

The savings in terms of reversing the foreign exchange flowing out of the country justify the billions of dollars in investment. Even if China can supply everything, we still need to pay money. I would like to see:

1. Most electronics needs met indigenously.
2. A few cutting edge programs which allows our scientists and engineers to display their creativity, and increase our Intellectual Property which can give us leverage when negotiating terms of partnership with other nations.
3. Only cutting edge technology imported from foreign sources.

But I agree with the approach you have chalked out. The billions should be invested over time. We need to start small, stay focused, and create a program which pays for itself by increasing our exports. Like POF's product portfolio, or like JF-17, or like the radar systems we export to Jordan. As an example, I would like us to master the GaN technology so we make AESA radars indigenously. This will have implications for all three branches, and all three should chip-in with funding for this research.

A good thing is we are already making the right strides, e.g., what Shibli is doing. I want something similar for radar technology.

Point 2 is in a way related to point 1 as it deals with electronics. Again on the principles of cost vs benefits having a benevolent and friendly neighbour is helpful as sooner or laterwe will want to go down that route. The more important thing in which initil steps have been taken is turbine technology as joint ventures. This will translate into small motors for missiles to bigger engines in due course. However as mentioned before a cost vs benefit exercise will drive the direction which a nation lime Pakistan takes.
A

For WVRAAM, BVRs, SAMs, we need to master in-flight correction when propulsion comes from rocket motors. This is a serious lacking in our missile prowess. We have made very good strides in ballistic missile and cruise missile technology because of the nuclear program. The rocket motors need attention for the cost savings. This has implications from ATGMs, to AAMs, AGMs, SAMs, and AShMs. Just the number of areas where we gain advantage makes it mandatory for us to get expertise in this technology.

@Oscar What is 'ugly' may be better. FaDEC resolves many issues with conformals.

691357202776126244.jpg
Do you mean fly by wire?

All the F-16s can carry AMRAAMS, how many do you see flying with them.
Those sitting on alert probably have them. You said this aircraft was for ADA duties and in that case it should be equipped with proper air defence weapons

Those sitting on alert probably have them. You said this aircraft was for ADA duties and in that case it should be equipped with proper air defence weapons
Air Def duties differ from scenario to scenario
Peace time air def demands visual ID unless rules of engagement dictate otherwise

When you are bound to intercept visually and then decide whether to engage or not, then you are better off with close range weapons

Partly yes.

Shape depends on DCoG profile.
FAdec may assist with fuel management but I am a little confused whether you meant the FADec has greater impact on the flight characteristics changing(due to added weight, cog, drag etc) or otherwise.
A fadec may ensure higher and/or more precise thrust for the aircraft, but I have not heard of a FADec overriding the FCs; they do interface in a variety of aircraft such as the F-22 whose CIP runs A companion software defind fadec per se to the PW-119 which works in consort with the FCS.

An important factor would be redoing the FCS to compensate for CFt and impact of ever changing COG due to fuel usage

Peace time air def demands visual ID unless rules of engagement dictate otherwise

When you are bound to intercept visually and then decide whether to engage or not, then you are better off with close range weapons

FAdec may assist with fuel management but I am a little confused whether you meant the FADec has greater impact on the flight characteristics changing(due to added weight, cog, drag etc) or otherwise.
A fadec may ensure higher and/or more precise thrust for the aircraft, but I have not heard of a FADec overriding the FCs; they do interface in a variety of aircraft such as the F-22 whose CIP runs A companion software defind fadec per se to the PW-119 which works in consort with the FCS.

An important factor would be redoing the FCS to compensate for CFt and impact of ever changing COG due to fuel usage
Thank god their still some decent people here, I was waiting for some one to tell these people that ADA requires visual confirmation. Bless you sir

Hypothetically speaking, what if the ADA aircraft is shot upon with a BVR missile? What will it have to answer that act of aggression?
Also from a purely business/marketing point of view i will still say that ADA aircraft carrying SD10s will be a good promotion! We are still look to sell those right? the meaner it look the more the attraction. Just my personal opinion!

When will Turkey, Egypt, and may be some other Muslim country going to take license production for JF-17s?
Turkey is busy with its TFX program, Egypt is a good prospect from 2018 and on, KSA and Qatar along with the UAE have promised to buy big quantities of the JF-17, and knowing their policy of ToT they will most certainly seek to produce them locally, Sudan might follow suite in time as well as others like Indonesia and Malaysia..Bangladesh will likely buy and produce the plane as soon as its economy improves, others also..

Last edited:
All the F-16s can carry AMRAAMS, how many do you see flying with them.
Boss we are talking about ADA not standard training flights of show off flights. If a fighter is on ADA and ready in ADA hut then can you explain in case of scramble call, will we have time to put bvr missile on it. The answer is simple and big no. The purpose of ADA is to fly immediately after scramble call so for that matter the bird on ADA duty has to be fully ready and equipped with appropriate weapons. And in indo-pak scenarios BVR missiles are compulsory. How come a fighter on ADA duty is without BVR missiles? How come? i still cant digest this. If you even see F-16s on ADA now they will equipped with two AAMs and 2 or 4 AMRAAMS. Like in Pic these will be the standard configuration for F-16s on ADA.

Attachments

• ADA.jpg
    ADA.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 90
Boss we are talking about ADA not standard training flights of show off flights. If a fighter is on ADA and ready in ADA hut then can you explain in case of scramble call, will we have time to put bvr missile on it. The answer is simple and big no. The purpose of ADA is to fly immediately after scramble call so for that matter the bird on ADA duty has to be fully ready and equipped with appropriate weapons. And in indo-pak scenarios BVR missiles are compulsory. How come a fighter on ADA duty is without BVR missiles? How come? i still cant digest this. If you even see F-16s on ADA now they will equipped with two AAMs and 2 or 4 AMRAAMS. Like in Pic these will be the standard configuration for F-16s on ADA.
You guys need to first understand the overall situation, when there's no hostilities, the BVR rounds are not necessary, because you are not going to launch your weapon at any detection or intrusion you pick up, in peacetime, any hostile first has to be visually identified.
As you can see, the F-16 which intercepted a Russian bomber is only armed with ''Lima'' missiles.

PoAF-intercept-Tu-95.jpg

Hypothetically speaking, what if the ADA aircraft is shot upon with a BVR missile? What will it have to answer that act of aggression?
Also from a purely business/marketing point of view i will still say that ADA aircraft carrying SD10s will be a good promotion! We are still look to sell those right? the meaner it look the more the attraction. Just my personal opinion!
Sir basically, in peace time one stray Indian plane crosses our border or comes near this aircraft will go , first casualty identify it then if it crosses shoot it for which close range missile, if there is 2001 like escalation then all of our planes would be armed with bvr and awacs in the sky

Back
Top Bottom