What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

If i remember correctly the captive life of earlier version of SD-10 was something +100 hours, later version have improvements but even than these have comparatively much less life than their western counterparts ... I think @Dazzler posted about this issue of SD-10 in one of the JF-17 thread previously

other than this MTBF is also another factor which some time people ignore, following is the attachment from a document related to the performance of AIM-120 from official source posted earlier
aim-120d-mtbfm-jpg.230053

thing to note the required standard was just 120 hours

Last edited:
If i remember correctly the captive life of earlier version of SD-10 was something +100 hours, later version have improvements but even than have comparatively much less life in than their western counterparts ... I think @Dazzler posted about this issue of SD-10 in one of the JF-17 thread previously

other than this MTBF is also another factor which some time people ignore, following is the attachment from a document related to the performance of AIM-120 from official source posted earlier
aim-120d-mtbfm-jpg.230053

think to note the required standard was just 120 hours

Hi,

Thank you for the post---. Sometimes we don't realize the extremes in weather conditions that a missile has to face when mounted on the wings---.

They are kept in air conditioned storage---pulled out and then face the outside temperature---.

When in flight---they face extremely cold temperatures---50 + degrees below freezing---within minutes of flight---ie---going from 15 deg C in storage to maybe 45* C outside----to - 50* C or less at 35000 ft within 15 to 30 minutes time frame and then from 35000 ft elevation down to the ground level within minutes---.

All the sensitive innards of the missiles go thru these weather changes----remember---with sudden change in temp---the missile innards are exposed to condensation of moisture---the rubber seals expand and contract with changes in temperature and this is just the physical aspect.

Hi

" books are like lighthouses erected in the great sea of time "

it is a work of fiction----the writer is talking about war---missile launches etc etc etc---and then he brings up his two bits---says---' missiles are stored in containers for years and years---even though they are serviced---but still they spend a lots of time in the storage copntainer----and specially on a ship---the missile container is exposed to natural elements---.

The missile that is going to be launched is expected to launch every time the button is pushed and is expected to perform its job 100%---so in that case knowing that the missile casing can have micro fractures or leaking seals after being in storage for long and all the environmental exposure---whose missile would you want to own---the american or the chinese---?

Whou would you bet your life on?

Hi,

Thank you for the post---. Sometimes we don't realize the extremes in weather conditions that a missile has to face when mounted on the wings---.

They are kept in air conditioned storage---pulled out and then face the outside temperature---.

When in flight---they face extremely cold temperatures---50 + degrees below freezing---within minutes of flight---ie---going from 15 deg C in storage to maybe 45* C outside----to - 50* C or less at 35000 ft within 15 to 30 minutes time frame and then from 35000 ft elevation down to the ground level within minutes---.

All the sensitive innards of the missiles go thru these weather changes----remember---with sudden change in temp---the missile innards are exposed to condensation of moisture---the rubber seals expand and contract with changes in temperature and this is just the physical aspect.
how did you get sooooo much knowledge sir... :-O

Hi,

How would I know---I thought that was general knowledge common sense information available to everyone---o_Oo_Oo_O---is that right @Khafee.

Why do you think I bang by head against the wall on some of the comments by posters.
would you suggest me good books for air tactics and strategies and whatever books r ur favourite plz :-)

would you suggest me good books for air tactics and strategies and whatever books r ur favourite plz :-)

Hi,

I am an ' addict ' to reading---so the writer does not mean much to me---as a matter of fact---I don't even remember the names of hardly any.

I pickup a book---look at the cover---title---read the intro---the first page and if it is to my liking---I get it.

I was doing little calculation on JF-17 distribution among squadrons. We have 4 active squadron + CCS mini squadron. 16-18 X 4 + 6 (CCS) = 72-78 JF-17 active in proper squadrons which leaves 5-10 excess JF-17 flying with 26 Squadron.

Back
Top Bottom