What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Design change of dual rack. Seems like inside wing station has been given more space for larger weapons.

Capture11.JPG
LEcuwiz.jpg

Any word on the third squadron?

There is already a third squadron. And fourth unit is test and evaluation. We are waiting for fourth squadron news.

That is impressive. Truth be told, I did not expect this much from any of our armed forces. The footage is gold in this one.

Btw do you guys remember when a certain group of people used to claim that the JF-17 had no flare dispensers?
asd_zps4gfn2fxn.png

I posted the flare image 2 years ago and they claimed that it was photoshopped :lol:

So AESA might be from Selex....interesting.......

VIXEN-1000E - AESA > Request Rejected

Read the brochure on the previous page (page 179)
AVM Arshad Malik states on page 11 that Selex is one of the competitors in the AESA requirement.....and the fact that most of the design work on BLK III is done, and first one should be available end 2016......if he says that it means AESA radar deal has been done or close to being done.
It doesn't have to be vixen, since Selex really doesn't have much business these days, they might offer something based on the Vixen 1000......the good thing about AESA is that it is solid state for TX/RX modules, so it can be scaled up or down depending on your radome size and power requirements.

OTOH, Chinese option might be good as well, but if BLK I and II aircraft are to be refit with AESA as well, then it means Selex can look at a potential order of 250 or more AESA sets.......not a small amount of money for them.

Thanks for sharing.
It's all over the place, not focused on the aircraft. No need to bring in pilot training, CCS and decade old magazine quotes. Big talk in the start is not cool, humility and humbleness are better appreciated.

Just focus on the jet, provide specs and operational demo, live fire of weapons etc. Dummy rounds hanging look like it's still under development.

HD Video .. credit Usman.S Pakdef

For Pakistani viewers

PAF JF 17 Promotional Video (HD) - PlayIt.pk

Design change of dual rack. Seems like inside wing station has been given more space for larger weapons.

View attachment 232335 View attachment 232336

I am a bit surprised with design of the MER for the bombs. I noticed it too and rewound the video to double check. If you look at the space between the 2 bombs, it is much smaller than between the bomb and the tank. I still think (could be wrong) that they can fit a triple ejector for the smaller bombs

domestic Minshan turbofan engine (WS-17? max thrust 4,700kg with A/B).

Attachments

• 1435213681959.jpg
    1435213681959.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom