What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks "Trying to be honest"

The article is from here:Bjorn’s Corner: What Paris Air Show taught us about East and West. - Leeham News and Comment

This is part of the writer's resume
link.JPG

Hi,

To Pakistani members: I came across this report , just pasting a portion of it.

"The chances are good that we will reach a high level of integration before the military might of China has reached levels where the incitement to flex those muscles becomes too large. As a former fighter pilot and developer of fighters (the Gripen), I discussed the Chinese-Pakistani JF17 Thunder at length with the pilots that flew the demonstrations. I was surprised by how good the aircraft flew and the level of its systems. They are not far behind the fourth generations fighters that the West has."
From an actual pilot, really nice work.

For Indian members: We have to pull our socks up and work harder. A lot of talk won't help

And that's was just the BLK I..:)

Hi,

"The chances are good that we will reach a high level of integration before the military might of China has reached levels where the incitement to flex those muscles becomes too large. As a former fighter pilot and developer of fighters (the Gripen), I discussed the Chinese-Pakistani JF17 Thunder at length with the pilots that flew the demonstrations. I was surprised by how good the aircraft flew and the level of its systems. They are not far behind the fourth generations fighters that the West has."

For Indian members: We have to pull our socks up and work harder. A lot of talk won't help
agreed China is catching up fast .. but it will take several years to match up with west

Was the increase in payload a side effect of the wing root strengthening?

Nops it wasn't due to payload issue, more like some design flaw or quality of work kind of thing. Just a small issue which cost us the pilot. But our mistake too as we were running something on that plane.

Hi,

Please post the source.
Edit: Saw @Tempest II's post. NVM

Many Congratulations to Pakistan, PAC-K, and all forum brothers for your spectacular crossover from "have-nots"" to "haves" in the aviation industry. Your Parisian Splash has not gone unnoticed. Reeling in a launch customer so soon is impressive. Pakistan may end up having Thunder project underwrite the entire fleet upgrade!! Now you know why rich keep getting rich.

But seriously, now PAC-K must search for a Meteor/Phoenix lite (AIM-54) to be mated to that AESA being talked about.

Thank you and please don't be shy.

Your advice, comments are well desired and respected so do come around more often.

Nops it wasn't due to payload issue, more like some design flaw or quality of work kind of thing. Just a small issue which cost us the pilot. But our mistake too as we were running something on that plane.

and the crash was declared to be a pilot error

Wouldn't go quite that far

Those claims of performance parity will be supported only by actual kill ratios in a war using one side or the other's equipment, just like the Soviets aircraft showed during conflicts in the Middle East, and that has not happened yet.

Who says that? SD-10 and AMRAAM is not enough ?

R-Darter gives you access to Western tech internally. If you run into issues in acquiring AMRAAMs in the future, R-Darter will help you diversify and further build upon Western tech yourself, focusing on SD-10 and R-Darter as two BVR options that can be further advanced internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom