What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10849050_1645268472377170_971438761817477364_o.jpg

Hey Windy, do you have a compilation of different JFT's with BVR's on? So far, I only see 10-116 (or may be I am not paying attention to other serial numbers with SD-10). But if there are more, I'd love to see.

Hey Windy, do you have a compilation of different JFT's with BVR's on? So far, I only see 10-116 (or may be I am not paying attention to other serial numbers with SD-10). But if there are more, I'd love to see.

Apart from these three, there are others with serial numbers not so clearly visible. It's safe to conclude that all the JF-17 in service are now wired to fire the BVR rounds.

093323dm17oz9kotftfyrt.jpg

sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(2).jpg

11357396_1645404789030205_8973436636185204190_o.jpg

Apart from these three, there are others with serial numbers not so clearly visible. It's safe to conclude that all the JF-17 in service are now wired to fire the BVR rounds.

093323dm17oz9kotftfyrt.jpg

Great pictures. Thank you.

Ghazala%2BWahab%2B%2526%2BPravin%2BSawhney%2Bof%2BIndia%2527s%2BFORCE%2Bmagazine%2Bat%2Bthe%2BPAC%2BKamra%2BChalet%2Bat%2Bthe%2BParis%2BAir%2BShow%2B2015.jpg

ghazala wahab & parven swanhe of indian FORCE magazine at pac kamar paris 2015

Visitors%2Bto%2BPAC%2527s%2BHospitality%2BChalet.jpg

Visitors at paris 2015

and the crash was declared to be a pilot error

Could you please post a source to that? I haven't been able to find anything of the sort and don't remember reading that at the time either.

All I remember is that no official reason was ever given and was said that an investigative committee would be formed. Unofficial claims attributed it to a bird strike.

Last edited:
and the crash was declared to be a pilot error

Could you please post a source to that? I haven't been able to find anything of the sort and don't remember reading that at the time either.

All I remember is that no official reason was ever given and was said that an investigative committee would be formed. Unofficial claims attributed it to a bird strike.

Rightly said Krash. It has never been mentioned as a pilot error and at first it has been speculated a bird strike and later it comes out to be a structural de-integration due to a device put up to take some readings for simulator. That was the last run when aircraft wing has been disintegrated due to excesses aerodynamic and mal placement of reading device sensor at the wing.

JF-17 Project director interview to Flight international. He specifically mentioned Pilot error.

JF-17 Project director interview to Flight international. He specifically mentioned Pilot error.

So no longer attributed to a bird strike, as was claimed on PDF?

So no longer attributed to a bird strike, as was claimed on PDF?

err...what?
It was only 'assumed' to be a bird strike when the initial news broke out....it was cleared here by senior members, that the plane crashed due to technical failure that pilot pushed it too far for a test for the upcoming BLK II
Unfortunately, the plane went into a steep roll/bank, with the pilot unable to eject in time before the aircraft crashed into the ground.

Last edited:
err...what?
It was only 'assumed' to be a bird strike when the initial news broke out....it was cleared here by senior members, that the plane crash due to technical failure that pilot pushed it too for a test for the upcoming BLK II
Unfortunately, the plane went into a steep roll/bank, with the pilot unable to eject in time before the aircraft crashed into the ground.

I see. Thank you for the clarification.

From Air Cdr. Khalid's interview at Dubai Air Show last year
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom