What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those claims of performance parity will be supported only by actual kill ratios in a war using one side or the other's equipment, just like the Soviets aircraft showed during conflicts in the Middle East, and that has not happened yet.

There was nothing wrong with the Soviet aircraft it was poor piloting by the Arabs. The PAF proved that when they were deputed to Jordan and Syria

jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_c-802_anti_shipping_missile_load.jpg

JF-17 Thunder from No.16 Sqn “Black Panthers” seen with a massive load of SD-10 Beyond Visual Range Missile (BVR), PL-5E II Air-Air Missile and C-802 Anti-Ship Missile. The integration of C-802 missile has been completed and the aircraft is all set to replace Masroor Air Base based No.2 Sqn F-7s in Maritime support role. Photo via PAF
f-7_pakistan_air_force_no_2_sqn_03.jpg
f-7_pakistan_air_force_no_2_sqn_01.jpg

F-7s from No.2 Sqn “Minhas” seen at an operational base during Exercise Saffron Bandit 2011. The unit has been operating the type since August 1990. All aircraft in Minhas squadron are configured with corrosion resistant WP-7C engines for operations over Arabian sea and coastal areas. With Induction of JF-17 in this unit, PAF shall be able to defend its southern skies and coastal belt in more efficient way.

JF-17 Block-2 Update from “The Thunder City” - PAFwallpapers Blog

I thought the maritime strike role was with the Mirages

There was nothing wrong with the Soviet aircraft it was poor piloting by the Arabs. The PAF proved that when they were deputed to Jordan and Syria

Yes, pilot skill also plays its role, but it also proves the point that it is the overall combination of the abilities of various components of the entire fighting force that matters in the overall picture. What PAF might be able to achieve with a plane like the JF-17 combined with its superior pilot skills may not be possible for other forces to match, who might need better planes to make up for any shortfalls in pilot skills.

JF-17 Project director interview to Flight international. He specifically mentioned Pilot error.
From Air Cdr. Khalid's interview at Dubai Air Show last year View attachment 233222

Thank you.

That then is not only a shameless lie betraying professionalism but also grossly insensitive and unjust to the brave man who gave his life while serving his country and the people he left behind.

Not for long,

"A fourth JF-17 squadron will be raised this year and housed in the south, based on the aircraft's air to sea capability" - CAS ACM Sohail Aman.

Last edited:

It is. Maybe there's a mistake including F-7s in above post

Thank you.

That then is not only a shameless lie betraying professionalism but also grossly insensitive and unjust to the brave man who gave his life while serving his country and the people he left behind.

I think it's about time our forces keep us posted with on-goings. Secrecy is one thing to a required level but covering blunders isn't good

Yes, pilot skill also plays its role, but it also proves the point that it is the overall combination of the abilities of various components of the entire fighting force that matters in the overall picture. What PAF might be able to achieve with a plane like the JF-17 combined with its superior pilot skills may not be possible for other forces to match, who might need better planes to make up for any shortfalls in pilot skills.

Better planes do not make up for any shortfalls in pilot skills and motivation. Please do not go overboard with the fellatio for western products even though they are superior just because you feel a need to. The Saudis have till recently crashed more F-15s and Tornadoes per fleet than any other fleet size despite all attempts to train them by US and UK pilots.
So clearly all that relatively superior fleet(to anything their close neighbours had) was pretty useless. What changed there was an intervention by the Saudis themselves to change the professional standards of their airforces and remove the freeloading princes within it or put them aside.

Any airforce, big or small.. has to have professional ethos more than just pilot skill. The PAF had pilot skill prior to the US alliance in the 50s.. the British trained good fliers but there was little concept of standardization or rules and regulations. The result was that prior to the American revamp of the PAF there were numerous crashes.

What changed for the PAF and not for the RSAF(with US training from the 1970s)?

The PAF leadership that came here to train listened and took those lessons on running a airforce to heart. For that matter AM Asghar Khan(along with a few other prominent names) deserve much more praise than they get for forging a ethos within the airforce( that withstood the test of time along with nepotism and corruption in the military that started in Bhuttos Era and still persists) that has kept the PAF that professional.
The Saudis did not have similar dedicated leadership during those training exchanges and modernization. The result was that despite US and UK instructors.. very few Saudi fighter leaders emerged and the state of their airforce with respect to maintenance, flight safety and training standards remained stagnant even with much better equipment(which you seem fixated on in your misplaced need to deride things non western without any consideration of merit) than the PAF ever had before their own Royal leadership intervened to fix it.

The Saudis have till recently crashed more F-15s and Tornadoes per fleet than any other fleet size despite all attempts to train them by US and UK pilots.
So clearly all that relatively superior fleet(to anything their close neighbours had) was pretty useless. What changed there was an intervention by the Saudis themselves to change the professional standards of their airforces and remove the freeloading princes within it or put them aside.

Yes, that is why I sad this: "What PAF might be able to achieve with a plane like the JF-17 combined with its superior pilot skills may not be possible for other forces to match, who might need better planes to make up for any shortfalls in pilot skills."

Where did I mention any Western jets? May be Saudi pilots need Martian jets to perform on par with other airforces? :D

Let's leave this thread for the JF-17, shall we, and carry on the self congratulatory party?

Yes, that is why I sad this: "What PAF might be able to achieve with a plane like the JF-17 combined with its superior pilot skills may not be possible for other forces to match, who might need better planes to make up for any shortfalls in pilot skills."

Where did I mention any Western jets? May be Saudi pilots need Martian jets to perform on par with other airforces? :D

Let's leave this thread for the JF-17, shall we, and carry on the self congratulatory party?

Absolutely , as with all debates that you no have no answer to Monsieur.

Absolutely , as with all debates that you no have no answer to Monsieur.

There is nothing for me to answer here. I did not say anything that you attributed to me, and no, I am not going to be reprimanded for taking this thread off topic. :D

(PS: I did not mention any sexual practices either.)

Back to the topic: When is the WS-13 powered JF-17 expected to be inducted into service? That will make this great little fighter jet truly awesome.

What is the point, in this slandering?

Test planes are heavily infused with sensors and data collection recorders.
PAF cannot hide any thing from its own pilots or the world, all of them would demand to see the flight data, if they have any doubts on PAF.
When you are in competitive world, nothing can remain hidden.... unless you dictate monopoly.
I'm sure there is ample terabits of flight data available, which would burry all bogus accusations, 6 feet under.

Hi,

Any qualified aeronautical engineer after getting basic information about the crash would know what happened.

Machines act in a predictable manner-----.

This will cause that and that will cause this. Just like the air france plane---what was that the Pitot tubes froze of thus not showing the correct speed thus resulting in creating a stall.

All the information of the crash will be available to the buyers and those thinking about it---they maybe shown the pieces of the item broken up---where it broke up and how it broke up.

There is nothing for me to answer here. I did not say anything that you attributed to me, and no, I am not going to be reprimanded for taking this thread off topic. :D

Back to the topic: When is the WS-13 powered JF-17 expected to be inducted into service? That will make this great little fighter jet truly awesome.

Baba ji, JF-17 to WS-13 par belly dance karay gaa.. awesome to door ki baat hai.

Baba ji, JF-17 to WS-13 par belly dance karay gaa.. awesome to door ki baat hai.

Of course. A better and Chinese engine will be an important step forward for the program.

And electronics. And weaponry. And airframes.

And then you claim to have ditched your Pakistani characteristics of being hypocritical or doing the "bheegi billi" routine.
:p:

Be an American and own up.

As to your question, there is no WS-13 powered JF-17 for the PAF. They are happy with the RD-93(and future developments that might give the WS-13 competition). Any WS-13 powered aircraft are for export customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom